ARod is doomed...

NIGHT STALKER

Just my opinion, but this book and with ARod's paper mache type personality, I don't think he's going to be able to handle the media blitz. I could be in the minority with this, but past history with this guy points to a melt down.

I know the ARod bashers are probably ecstatic, but the uniform is what makes me a Yankees fan. May sound a little corny, but that's the way I've always been.

Hopefully, with the signing of Tex, some of the pressure will be off.

It's not the book, it's the media that will have a field day. The circus will start soon in Tampa. Can he handle that? Let's hope he can.

I'm sure he'll play his 'nice guy' role with the media, hit some home runs in meaningless games and it'll be all forgotten.

It's not the book, it's the media that will have a field day. The circus will start soon in Tampa. Can he handle that? Let's hope he can.

2007 Spring Training was a zoo, that's the spring that he finally admitted he and Jeter where not very friendly. That actually just before Spring Training, he'll be fine

He'll be just fine. I don't think this stuff affects him as much as its made out to. He'll hit over .300, 45 or so HRs, and 120 RBI just like usual.

Alex Rodriguez told friends Monday that he is "not bothered at all" by the reports that Joe Torre apparently took some shots at him in his forthcoming book, and dismissed talk of an "A-Fraud" persona or any Derek Jeter obsession as old news that no longer applies to his standing in the Yankee clubhouse. "He laughed at the stuff because he is so beyond all of that," one person close to A-Rod said Monday. "Personally he feels like he's in a great space in his life and felt very comfortable last year in the clubhouse and with his relationship with his teammates." As for Torre, A-Rod indicated that anything his former manager may say about him couldn't hurt him because, as one friend put it, "He doesn't feel like he had any real relationship with (Torre)." In fact, people close to A-Rod say that he heard Torre characterized him as "a pretty boy" to his confidants during the four years they were together as player and manager, that Torre's close relationship with Jeter kept him from ever warming up to A-Rod.

New York Daily News

Archived