Jaguars cut franchise's All Time leading Rusher, Taylor - ESPN.com

:Typotux:

Jags cut RB Taylor in cap move

Associated Press

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Jaguars have released running back Fred Taylor, the latest move in the team's makeover.

Taylor was scheduled to make about $6 million next season, so getting rid of the 11-year veteran was no surprise since he had clearly become the second option behind Maurice Jones-Drew.

The Jaguars might try to re-sign the 33-year-old back. But Taylor has made it clear he still believes he can be a starter in the NFL.

Taylor is 16th on the NFL's all-time rushing list with 11,271 yards, 81 behind John Riggins. He had 556 yards on the ground last season, splitting time with Jones-Drew, and averaged a career-low 3.9 yards a carry behind an injury-riddled offensive line.

The Jaguars released veterans Jerry Porter and Drayton Florence last week.

Possibly. Maybe a one year flyer.

I could see that.

What do you think Freddy T demands these days. He was a base of 5mil in Jax.

I think he could get 3 mil a year on a 2 year contract from somebody. Cincinatti, NE, Niners even Cleveland or Buffalo might be able to use him. I figure he'll end up like Thurman Thomas did after he left Buffalo, half a decent year, get hurt and retire the following year.

Well he avg 4.6 ypc so give him the 1,000 carries at just 3 ypc and he beats the compiler.. btw Martin had 14101 and Taylor had 11271 how is that 3700 yds less?? I get 2830...:confused0088:

My bad, for some reason I though Taylor had 10271. :character0282:

Yeah, well that 4.0ypc consistently for 10 straight seasons is something I'll take over an every other year RB anyday of the week.

I wonder how the ypc will look the longer he try to hold on to his career?

My bad, for some reason I though Taylor had 10271. :character0282:

Yeah, well that 4.0ypc consistently for 10 straight seasons is something I'll take over an every other year RB anyday of the week.

I wonder how the ypc will look the longer he try to hold on to his career?

Curtis Martin's final season

2005:

Rushes - 220

Yards - 735

Average - 3.3

Thanks to injuries.

The year before in his final healthy season he lead the league in rushing.

He lead the league by 1 yd with more carries then anyone else..Had Shaun Alexander not had a huge bonus if he won the Rushing title they would have let him get 1 more carry in his last game..Oh and BTW in 04 we had 2 overtime games without that Cumar wouldn't have been top 3..

He lead the league by 1 yd with more carries then anyone else..Had Shaun Alexander not had a huge bonus if he won the Rushing title they would have let him get 1 more carry in his last game..Oh and BTW in 04 we had 2 overtime games without that Cumar wouldn't have been top 3..

Excuses, excuses.

He ran for 1,697 yards and led the league in rushing, no matter what excuses you want to pull out of your arse, but you are great at that since you are are aboard the S.S. Hate Boat.

Carry on.

Thanks to injuries.

The year before in his final healthy season he lead the league in rushing.

Excuses, excuses.

He ran for 1,697 yards and led the league in rushing, no matter what excuses you want to pull out of your arse, but you are great at that since you are are aboard the S.S. Hate Boat.

Carry on.

I'm confused.

Martin was never dominant...not sure why all the love for this guy.

Archived