New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

Just read Vicious' reveal.

I don't buy it. Vicious claims he's the finder, but check out this earlier post of his (from 4/15/09, post #446):

But then today (post #1270)

So why is Vicious annoyed about being the town "AGAIN" quote, when he has such an important role. A role he says makes him "more valuable" to the town.

I think he was just saying that as a smoke screen. Even Vi cisn't going to reveal finder THAt early.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think it's a scum tell at all........................

I just think its wrong.

In the immortal words of Robert Duvall and the advice I wanted to give to you last game:

There's two bulls standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, let's say we run down there and **** one of them cows". The older one says: "No son. Lets walk down and **** 'em all".

My question is, would having all three of you on the town's side count as one of those scenarios where the mod would have to tweak things? I think the scum would be starting out at a disadvantage if they were starting out without one of you.

We don't know we're on the same team, so just as you're suspicious of us, we're usually suspicious of each other. If Doggin, CTM, and I were scum, then there's a good chance there might be a reshuffle.

You've completely skimmed over the point that two days from now, we could be down to six townies and three scum. Or five townies, three scum, and one SK. So if that day we successfully lynch the new cop's guilty, we go into the night phase and lose two more town. That leaves three. Lynch Vic, night phase kills two more townies. Town loses.

That's a worst case scenario, but clearly the NK'er doesn't leave us much room for error.

This is another doomsday scenario, maybe our SK/Vig aims good again and the doc get s a block and it's 8-2

I just don't see the need to offer up the cop today..

I don't think we've ever actually all played in the same game.

Also, I don't know why you insist on leaving yourself out of the Axis, ROBOCOP, you're practically North Korea.

I'm not a Pied Piper, EY. I don't manipulate players like you 3 do, either subtely or strongly.

Another good example is you harping on Robocop, something that YOU INVENTED. You put words in my mouth. I never claimed a role. I merely suggested that there was a strong chance that JVoR was taken down by something other than a vigilante. It could have been a cop or even a rival mafia (like CTM mentioned).

However, the Robocop has become your pretext to vote for me. There is no other reason. None. By the force of your presence than the soundness of your words moves people to vote one way or another.

Somehow, I have the most votes on me thus far. Why? There is no real reason. No basis to support such a vote. Just invented suspicion. Invented by you. You can be innocent, or you could be scum. But you still know how to change the winds in any direction you like. As such, you and your fellow Axis of Evil members remain a serious threat to the town.

I'm getting scum vibes from both CTM and SMC. SMC's attempt to make Vic seem guilty smells like a late hail-mary type distraction. And the logic was weak (are you Keyshawn Johnson).

CTM seems like he using his jedi mind tricks. But he might be a townie and trying to lead, but still going down the wrong path (Rich Kotite).

Will vote when I get home in a few. Don't wanna rush and have to catch my bus in a few. I know people have wondered why I've been mia, but I was out of town with no compter from Sat am to Monday am, was slammed by work yesterday, and worked off site today, no internet), until 3:30.

I'm not a Pied Piper, EY. I don't manipulate players like you 3 do, either subtely or strongly.

No, you'd never do that. In fact, you're such a good guy, I might have to unvote. After all, if you were scum, or ROBOCOP, you'd probably just come forward and admit it. That type of thing can weigh mighty heavy on a stand up guy, like yourself's conscious.

I'm getting scum vibes from both CTM and SMC. SMC's attempt to make Vic seem guilty smells like a late hail-mary type distraction. And the logic was weak (are you Keyshawn Johnson).

CTM seems like he using his jedi mind tricks. But he might be a townie and trying to lead, but still going down the wrong path (Rich Kotite).

Will vote when I get home in a few. Don't wanna rush and have to catch my bus in a few. I know people have wondered why I've been mia, but I was out of town with no compter from Sat am to Monday am, was slammed by work yesterday, and worked off site today, no internet), until 3:30.

What wrong path? Advising against a counterclaim?

Just so you know, I'm saving this post in case you ever again stumble, like a blind squirrel, into the "he's role claiming because he mispelled it" defense :bs:

Wait, didn't Vicious and EY claim that about me last game?

Another good example is you harping on Robocop, something that YOU INVENTED. You put words in my mouth. I never claimed a role. I merely suggested that there was a strong chance that JVoR was taken down by something other than a vigilante. It could have been a cop or even a rival mafia (like CTM mentioned).

You said you would 'bet money' that it was a cop with the ability to kill, and not a vigilante/SK. I know you didn't claim that role, but you did invent it, and said you'd 'bet money' on it.

I wish I INVENTED ROBOCOP. ROBOCOP is ROBAWESOME.

No, you'd never do that. In fact, you're such a good guy, I might have to unvote. After all, if you were scum, or ROBOCOP, you'd probably just come forward and admit it. That type of thing can weigh mighty heavy on a stand up guy, like yourself's conscious.

There you go again. Twisting and manipulating in Cheney-esque fashion.

If you keep on saying Robocop, people will believe that I either claimed that I was such a role or that such role exists.

I also never claimed to be such a good guy. I, however, did say--rightfully so--that I don't lead like you 3. I'm not a train leader. You 3 are. That's how you play, good or bad. I've seen CTM as a good guy lead the town over a cliff.

We don't know we're on the same team, so just as you're suspicious of us, we're usually suspicious of each other. If Doggin, CTM, and I were scum, then there's a good chance there might be a reshuffle.

Maybe. But the fact that we'd all be expecting one of us to be a traitor in that scenario would serve as a check in and of itself :biggrin:

Maybe. But the fact that we'd all be expecting one of us to be a traitor in that scenario would serve as a check in and of itself :biggrin:

That's true. In fact, I assume we'd all just try to kill each other, and then hope everyone forgot this conversation and leave the last guy alone.

If you keep on saying Robocop, people will believe that I either claimed that I was such a role or that such role exists.

I also never claimed to be such a good guy. I, however, did say--rightfully so--that I don't lead like you 3. I'm not a train leader. You 3 are. That's how you play, good or bad. I've seen CTM as a good guy lead the town over a cliff.

You know what's really annoying. You're going to make me go back and search the posts. Ugh.

What about that role? Do you still think there's a possibility that there's a finder/vig role in this game?

How come on the Jet Babe lynch, you were ready to vote for her at 9PM, asked how long we should give her, then didn't post again until nearly 2PM the following day?

PS. This is New York Jets Mafia. Anyone who actually thinks there is a ROBOCOP, is an idiot. Right, ROBOCOP?

You know what's really annoying. You're going to make me go back and search the posts. Ugh.

Don't bother. Here it is:

Thanks on the compliment!

And I personally know how a vigilante has the potential to wreck havoc on the town. It's a heck of a weapon and should be used cautiously (something I didn't do the 1st night last game) but hit bullseye on Night 2 (Doggin being the rival Godfather).

Interesting point on EY's apparent avoiding of the issue. I don't know if that means he's scum.

If there is a vigilante out there (as opposed to a serial killer), then I suggest that he act veeeeerrrryyy cautiously. The vigilante should not reveal himself (:D), but after the day's vote I believe would should all opine on who the vigilante (assuming there is one) should have cut. OR, direct the vigilante not to act.

The town should take control over the vigilante rather than 1 player (we were working toward that last game but it never panned out).

But, Perhaps There Isn't A Vigilante/Serial Killer at All?

I have to assume that every word has meaning in what Bleedin has written (similary to what CTM did last game). There's been 3 results that we've seen: player cut (by vote), suspended, and benched.

The town by vote has the power to cut.

"Woody" suspends players based on the rival players framing any innocent player. But he benches the rival player. The latter was done on the word of a player who informed Woody.

Maybe there isn't a Vigilante or Serial Killer at all? Perhaps there is an investigator/cop, who puts in a name and then if that name comes up scum the player gets benched.

The Serial Killer/Vigilante would have equal power as the scum right? That means JVoR should have been suspended just the same, not benched based on the word of an unamed player.

If I had to bet on it, JVoR was taken down by the investigator/cop and NOT by a vigilante/serial killer.

What about that role? Do you still think there's a possibility that there's a finder/vig role in this game?

How come on the Jet Babe lynch, you were ready to vote for her at 9PM, asked how long we should give her, then didn't post again until nearly 2PM the following day?

Because JetsBabe responded to us. If you look at my post, I asked CTM how long we should give her. That is, how long to vote for her if she doesn't respond. Remember, JetsBabe dissapeared with the heat on her, posting in other parts of JN.

JetsBabe responded. But people still dropped a hammer. My vote for her was contingent on her remaining inactive.

BTW, it's suspicious NOT to vote for a player who turns up innocent? How does that make sense? Was I trying to distance myself from the vote somehow?

As to the question about the role. Having a vigilante is the easy answer. I wondered if there was a not-so-easy answer. Something seemed odd about the way JVoR was taken out. It didn't seem like a vigilante did it. That why I suggested something else. I read what Bleedin wrote. This Player X had info and told Woody about it. Then Woody acted. That doesn't seem like a vigilante to me.

BTW, it's suspicious NOT to vote for a player who turns up innocent? How does that make sense? Was I trying to distance myself from the vote somehow?

Yeah, sure. Not wanting to be the hammer on an innocent player would make sense from a scum perspective, no?

Convince me to switch my vote to CTM. It won't be hard. I'm heading out for a bit. I'll catch up when I get back.

Thanks on the compliment!

And I personally know how a vigilante has the potential to wreck havoc on the town. It's a heck of a weapon and should be used cautiously (something I didn't do the 1st night last game) but hit bullseye on Night 2 (Doggin being the rival Godfather).

Interesting point on EY's apparent avoiding of the issue. I don't know if that means he's scum.

If there is a vigilante out there (as opposed to a serial killer), then I suggest that he act veeeeerrrryyy cautiously. The vigilante should not reveal himself (:D), but after the day's vote I believe would should all opine on who the vigilante (assuming there is one) should have cut. OR, direct the vigilante not to act.

The town should take control over the vigilante rather than 1 player (we were working toward that last game but it never panned out).

But, Perhaps There Isn't A Vigilante/Serial Killer at All?

I have to assume that every word has meaning in what Bleedin has written (similary to what CTM did last game). There's been 3 results that we've seen: player cut (by vote), suspended, and benched.

The town by vote has the power to cut.

"Woody" suspends players based on the rival players framing any innocent player. But he benches the rival player. The latter was done on the word of a player who informed Woody.

Maybe there isn't a Vigilante or Serial Killer at all? Perhaps there is an investigator/cop, who puts in a name and then if that name comes up scum the player gets benched.

The Serial Killer/Vigilante would have equal power as the scum right? That means JVoR should have been suspended just the same, not benched based on the word of an unamed player.

If I had to bet on it, JVoR was taken down by the investigator/cop and NOT by a vigilante/serial killer.

Ok, so you basically suggested the role here, and that you'd bet on it. How is that not exactly what I'm accusing you of?

In blue, you've also brought up Doggin's name. This is small, but worth noting. Then you agreed with slats question on me, which no one else did, and he quickly renegged when I offered a legitimate explanation.

You then voted CTM later, and don't trust the cop.

If I had to bet on it, you're doing two things at once. Questioning the cop, who is very likely to investigate you tonight and ROBO-confirm tomorrow, in the hopes we would whack him anyway. (You had to give this up when it didn't work). Then, you're going after the three most likely people to figure you out. By 'keeping our names in the papers' so to speak. People love to vote for Doggin, CTM, and I... That's how you're manipulating. You're pushing people away from yourself an onto the people they can justify voting for because they're 'too gosh darn tricky'.

Ok, so you basically suggested the role here, and that you'd bet on it. How is that not exactly what I'm accusing you of?

In blue, you've also brought up Doggin's name. This is small, but worth noting. Then you agreed with slats question on me, which no one else did, and he quickly renegged when I offered a legitimate explanation.

If I had to bet on it, you're doing two things at once. Questioning the cop, who is very likely to investigate you tonight and ROBO-confirm tomorrow, in the hopes we would whack him anyway. (You had to give this up when it didn't work). Then, you're going after the three most likely people to figure you out. By 'keeping our names in the papers' so to speak. People love to vote for Doggin, CTM, and I... That's how you're manipulating. You're pushing people away from yourself an onto the people they can justify voting for because they're 'too gosh darn tricky'.

Oh, and to be consistent. With all this said, where would be a better place for me to put my vote?

Suggested the role and bet that it wasn't a vigilante kill. Yep, that is an extraordinary thing.

But wait, now I'm trying to manipulate everyone against the Axis of Evil, when you agreed that the odds are against all 3 of you being innocent? People like to vote for you 3 because it makes sense.

The best chance the town has of winning in this game is if all 3 of you are dead. The town doesn't need the Jedi Mind Tricks. There better off not having someone who can steer them in a certain direction. You demonstrated that clearly last game.

Archived