07/08 Draft what ifs?

stoicsentry

In 07 when we moved up to draft Revis, the commentators were discussing another CB and they couldn't decide whether it would be Revis or him that the Jets were targeting. Does anyone remember who? I think it was Aaron Ross in which case the Jets probably made the right choice (not to say Ross is bad, but Revis is spectacular)

In 08 we moved up to draft Dustin. Obviously Keller ended up being a great pick as much as I was disgusted at the time (a first round TE?? NOOOOOO!!!). At the time everyone thought we were moving up to grab a WR and I remember in NY they were chanting the one they wanted. Does anyone remember who it was? I'm just curious to see how that turned out.

In 07 when we moved up to draft Revis, the commentators were discussing another CB and they couldn't decide whether it would be Revis or him that the Jets were targeting. Does anyone remember who? I think it was Aaron Ross in which case the Jets probably made the right choice (not to say Ross is bad, but Revis is spectacular)

In 08 we moved up to draft Dustin. Obviously Keller ended up being a great pick as much as I was disgusted at the time (a first round TE?? NOOOOOO!!!). At the time everyone thought we were moving up to grab a WR and I remember in NY they were chanting the one they wanted. Does anyone remember who it was? I'm just curious to see how that turned out.

Why does everyone think Dustin Keller was a great pick? He has the potential to be, but nothing he's done so far as solidified it as a great pick. He flashed for about 3 games.

Why does everyone think Dustin Keller was a great pick? He has the potential to be, but nothing he's done so far as solidified it as a great pick. He flashed for about 3 games.

He's not a great pick so far. But I would say 500+ yards for a rookie & (mostly) backup TE is reason enough to be encouraged so far. Hell of a lot more encouraging than the guy we took at the top of the round.

He's not a great pick so far. But I would say 500+ yards for a rookie & (mostly) backup TE is reason enough to be encouraged so far. Hell of a lot more encouraging than the guy we took at the top of the round.

Well yeah, I had about as much influence on the games last year than the #6 pick.

Sad thing is if you paid attention at ALL you knew Gholston was a workout warrior.

Well yeah, I had about as much influence on the games last year than the #6 pick.

Sad thing is if you paid attention at ALL you knew Gholston was a workout warrior.

http://jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=839369&postcount=11

But so far I'm happy with Keller's production as a rookie. It's a lot easier to get a guy to develop into a decent blocker than develop into a decent receiver. Look no further than Chris Baker.

Archived