JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

Sorry about the lack of involvement guys. Been busy with Mother's Day and all.

I'd say I've currently got a few FOS's: Lefty for getting so defensive in the face of accusation; Joe who I'm admittedly not too suspicious of but I'm putting him out there because I can't dismiss the possibility the whole Lefty/Joe thing is a scum setup; Marcellus for showing up 20 minutes after being called out by Nicky and Tony.

I'm torn between 1 and 3 right now. Lefty has got plenty of pressure on him so I'd like to get some more from Marcellus.

Vote: Marcellus Wallace

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the list of players and their post count in this thread:

Lefty Ruggerio -- 16

Nicky Santoro -- 14

Tony Soprano 11

Fredo Corleone -- 8

Vito Corleone -- 8

John Rooney -- 7

Henry Hill -- 6

Sonny LoSpecchio -- 6

Joe Cabot -- 6

Michael Corleone -- 6

Frank Costello -- 5

Jimmy Conway -- 5

Virgil Sollozzo -- 5

Al Capone -- 4

Marcellus Wallace -- 4

Tony Montana -- 3

Tommy DeVito -- 3

Carlito Brigante -- 1

Ace Rothstein -- 1

Now these are the 6 that have voted for me with their post number beside their names:

Joe Cabot (6), Jimmy Conway (5), Nicky Santoro (14), Frank Costello (5), Sonny LoSpecchio (6), Al Capone (4)

Except for Nicky, those are some inactive posters who have all decided to jump on the train started by Joe Cabot, who's first post in this thread was a vote against me.

2 parts SMC one part Vic... an enigma if I ever seen one.

:rl:

thought the same thing..

The train is moving quickly, and I'm afraid I'm getting caught in the trap of trying to put a player to a name and need to focus on the game more..

Going to try and read through at face value..

Lefty Ruggerio -- 16

Nicky Santoro -- 14

Tony Soprano 11

Fredo Corleone -- 8

Vito Corleone -- 8

John Rooney -- 7

Henry Hill -- 6

Sonny LoSpecchio -- 6

Joe Cabot -- 6

Michael Corleone -- 6

Frank Costello -- 5

Jimmy Conway -- 5

Virgil Sollozzo -- 5

Al Capone -- 4

Marcellus Wallace -- 4

Tony Montana -- 3

Tommy DeVito -- 3

Carlito Brigante -- 1

Ace Rothstein -- 1

Now these are the 6 that have voted for me with their post number beside their names:

Joe Cabot (6), Jimmy Conway (5), Nicky Santoro (14), Frank Costello (5), Sonny LoSpecchio (6), Al Capone (4)

Except for Nicky, those are some inactive posters who have all decided to jump on the train started by Joe Cabot, who's first post in this thread was a vote against me.

In active? The vote leader (you) has 16 votes. 6 votes is 10th place. I think it's too early to be worrying about activity coming off the weekend..

2 parts SMC one part Vic... an enigma if I ever seen one.

I will say this though.. I'm not particularly fond of how eager everyone is to vote you off but there aren't any other qualified candidates at this juncture.

Lol! That's what I was thinking. We definitely have a couple hotheats who like to play mafia.

And I'm also wondering how much scum has chosen to jump on his very fast moving train. I don't like it, either.

In active? The vote leader (you) has 16 votes. 6 votes is 10th place. I think it's too early to be worrying about activity coming off the weekend..

Hey, Frank, don't get so jumpy. I'm talking relative to jumping on the train. Al Capone for instance. He has 3 posts in the thread and for his 4th, votes for me and tells me to convince him otherwise. WTF? Joe votes on the 1st post.

So

Lefty Ruggerio -- 16

Nicky Santoro -- 14

Tony Soprano 11

Fredo Corleone -- 8

Vito Corleone -- 8

John Rooney -- 7

Henry Hill -- 6

Sonny LoSpecchio -- 6

Joe Cabot -- 6

Michael Corleone -- 6

Frank Costello -- 5

Jimmy Conway -- 5

Virgil Sollozzo -- 5

Al Capone -- 4

Marcellus Wallace -- 4

Tony Montana -- 3

Tommy DeVito -- 3

Carlito Brigante -- 1

Ace Rothstein -- 1

Dia de las madres. Let's not forget that we may be all be tough guys and wise guys... but mothers are always first.

We saw you squirm, you're active, it happens. I'd like to see some pressure on Marcellus. Throwing votes to see what sticks isn't necessarily scum play, we've seen some better players do that and be innocent. What concerns me is a player who pops in, gets defensive, casts a vote and disappears.

Dia de las madres. Let's not forget that we may be all be tough guys and wise guys... but mothers are always first.

We saw you squirm, you're active, it happens. I'd like to see some pressure on Marcellus. Throwing votes to see what sticks isn't necessarily scum play, we've seen some better players do that and be innocent. What concerns me is a player who pops in, gets defensive, casts a vote and disappears.

I get that, Tony. I'm talking about posts in relation to train jumping.

(Con't). So, in other words, it's jumping on a train with only a few votes, Frank.

Got ya..

You're at L-5 though. Nowhere near a lynch.. yet. It's just some pressure..

You seemed defensive, so I voted. Not much more to it then that really. I'll unvote if something more interesting comes along, of if you are about to get lynched and I don't feel it..

Lol! That's what I was thinking. We definitely have a couple hotheats who like to play mafia.

And I'm also wondering how much scum has chosen to jump on his very fast moving train. I don't like it, either.

Unless the alts are coming into play here, it seems to me that making a second comment on the speed of train at this point is more scummy then actually being on it. I don't really remember a game where a bunch of scum jumped on the same early day 1 wagon

Got ya..

You're at L-5 though. Nowhere near a lynch.. yet. It's just some pressure..

You seemed defensive, so I voted. Not much more to it then that really. I'll unvote if something more interesting comes along, of if you are about to get lynched and I don't feel it..

L-4 actually, Frank. But, yeah, not yet close to lynch.

The ship has sailed on the theory/no theory thing. Like I said, I'd like to move on to focus on what other things are out there of interest.

Unvote

Vote -Marcellus

I think Left has held up well to the heavy early pressure. I'd like to see more from Marcelles. I was busy this weekend as well, so I won't hold past inactivity against him but let's see what he has to say when he get sback from his cornholing.

Unless the alts are coming into play here, it seems to me that making a second comment on the speed of train at this point is more scummy then actually being on it. I don't really remember a game where a bunch of scum jumped on the same early day 1 wagon

I think it depends on the makeup of the scum team. If there is an experienced player directing traffic, it would be made clear that linkages should not be established. Keep in mind though guys that we have a 3rd party cult here that at this point won't have teammates.

Vote Count:

John Rooney (1) - Lefty Ruggerio

Jimmy Conway(1) - Fredo Corleone

Lefty Ruggerio (7) - Joe Cabot, Jimmy Conway, Nicky Santoro, Frank Costello, Sonny LoSpecchio, Al Capone, Virgil Sollozo

Marcellus Wallace (4) - John Rooney, Tony Montana, Ace Rothstein, Tony Soprano

Fredo Corleone (2) - Henry Hill, Vito Corleone

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch

I'd like to hear more from MW.

Unvote: Rooney

Vote: Marcellus Wallace

Self preservation much?;) if I had to guess your identity I'd say jmj. Not that I'm defending mw but it's kind of funny to criticize others of bandwagon when you just did it yourself. You are right though that Wallace needs to talk more.

Self preservation much?;) if I had to guess your identity I'd say jmj. Not that I'm defending mw but it's kind of funny to criticize others of bandwagon when you just did it yourself. You are right though that Wallace needs to talk more.

Of course, self preservation is a factor. That's undeniable. And to be clear, I was criticizing bandwagonning in relation to low post count. Basically, a hit-and-run.

I think it depends on the makeup of the scum team. If there is an experienced player directing traffic, it would be made clear that linkages should not be established. Keep in mind though guys that we have a 3rd party cult here that at this point won't have teammates.

Miscalculation imo. I'm having a hard time keeping track of who is who to begin with, I don't know why they'd ever bring themselves to the forfront on day 1.

This setup screams for slowplaying/laidback style while you watch townies pick one another off.

Who knows though I guess...

Self preservation much?;)if I had to guess your identity I'd say jmj. Not that I'm defending mw but it's kind of funny to criticize others of bandwagon when you just did it yourself. You are right though that Wallace needs to talk more.

lol.. good call.. probably spot on..

unvote Lefty

Since he's at L-3 and most people haven't said a peep yet...

Vote Count:

Jimmy Conway(1) - Fredo Corleone

Lefty Ruggerio (6) - Joe Cabot, Jimmy Conway, Nicky Santoro, Sonny LoSpecchio, Al Capone, Virgil Sollozo

Marcellus Wallace (5) - John Rooney, Tony Montana, Ace Rothstein, Tony Soprano, Lefty Ruggerio

Fredo Corleone (2) - Henry Hill, Vito Corleone

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch

lol.. good call.. probably spot on..

unvote Lefty

Since he's at L-3 and most people haven't said a peep yet...

You got a read yet on me chan? :P though I am probably wrong on both counts. In any event, carlito has yet to say something relevant. His and Wallace are the two people I want more from at this point.

If we're going to talk about inactives where's Carlito Brigante? Is that accurate that he's only posted once thus far?

It's true, Cousin Vinny. I've only had one post so far. Game started Friday, birthday on Saturday, Mother's Day yesterday. My activity will increase. I just finished reading the thread for the first time and there is pretty much nothing of substance to go on so the first lynch will likely be a guess. That said, I won't vote yet.

The game setup talk is interesting. Please note that nobody should pull a Vic this game. If anyone has a power role, they should not reveal till the last possible minute. If they do, we can almost assume the cult leader will convert them at some point (which I don't think a doc protect can help)

The fact that Doggin told us conversions were possible is interesting as well...

Seconded.

With that out of the way, on to who's suspicious. The thing that worries me most (and has already been mentioned) is that the bandwagon on Lefty picked up a lot of steam really fast.

MW dropping in and out, and getting pissy about the "talking in roles" raises my eyebrows a bit. People "play their part" in almost every mafia game we've seen. Whether it was last game constantly talking about Jets players, or the TV Land game, or even a couple games ago the Mafia game with the setup as townies being members of the mafia.

My first thought is that this is some underlying frustration that we cant tell who is who. It makes things more difficult to tell if someone is just "being themselves," or acting suspicious.

FOS: Marcellus Wallace

I don't want to vote for him yet, and let his wagon pick up too much steam before he gets back and says his peace....but I expect to hear something from him by tonight.

Great guess. Could be a good call.

You got a read yet on me chan? :P though I am probably wrong on both counts. In any event, carlito has yet to say something relevant. His and Wallace are the two people I want more from at this point.

Interesting. Possible JI'er on our hands in Al Capone here???

It's true, Cousin Vinny. I've only had one post so far. Game started Friday, birthday on Saturday, Mother's Day yesterday. My activity will increase. I just finished reading the thread for the first time and there is pretty much nothing of substance to go on so the first lynch will likely be a guess. That said, I won't vote yet.

Ain't that sweet- Little Carlito had a birthday party.

As soon as your done putting away your new pairs of underoos some comments on the game would be appreciated.

Archived