JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen, with this many wiseguys, creeps, and wannabes, we're really looking at a huge crapshoot on this opening lynch. We have no reason to hurry, but in the end I doubt we have much of substance to go on, baring an Irish Jet type of idiocy. Freakin' micks.

That said, the obvious direction to go in is the inactives. I know we don't want town power roles to be attracting the most attention, but even Adriana, God rest her soul, was able to play both sides for awhile. Of course she did start to shiit blood at the end. Damn, I shoulda banged her.

Vote Count:

Jimmy Conway(1) - Fredo Corleone

Lefty Ruggerio (6) - Joe Cabot, Jimmy Conway, Nicky Santoro, Sonny LoSpecchio, Al Capone, Virgil Sollozo

Marcellus Wallace (4) - John Rooney, Tony Montana, Tony Soprano, Lefty Ruggerio

Fredo Corleone (2) - Henry Hill, Vito Corleone

Henry Hill (1) - Frank Costello

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch

Sorry for the sudden absence everyone. As far as my thoughts and to address some questions I saw while catching up:

The fact is, I unfortunately feel like there's not a whole lot to go on right now. Despite his incessant whining, I made it quite clear even when voting Lefty that I wasn't sure about it and was just going with it because I had nothing better at the time. I really had no intentions of sticking with it long term, but his piss poor reaction to the vote hasn't given me any cause to change my mind. The fact that nobody else has really become an obvious vote for me yet has caused me to keep it where it is.

Otherwise, its kind of tough getting a read on people the first day, particularly when you don't even know who anyone is and can't try to read their tendencies. I'm not really at all convinced of Wallace, so my vote wouldn't go there at this point. The biggest thing really going against him has been his complaints about things related to the alts, such as the way people are posting with them and the comments directed towards him. While unnecessary, I hardly see that as a mafia indicator. To an extent, I kind of see his point as we do need to get past that as its making it far too easy for people to post without really contributing anything meaningful as well as the "in character" excuse for certain things people are posting.

On that point, my main concern now comes to those people who aren't contributing anything of substance. I know its hard right now, but to chime in every few posts with a wise guy comment to keep yourself relevant isn't exactly helpful. I know I haven't posted a whole lot, but I've tried to at least make my posts relevant to the game. If I was worried about post count I could split this into 4 separate posts, but the key is content. I honestly have to look into it further in order to be able to name names, because frankly its a little tougher to keep track of who is saying what with these alts.

Listen, with this many wiseguys, creeps, and wannabes, we're really looking at a huge crapshoot on this opening lynch. We have no reason to hurry, but in the end I doubt we have much of substance to go on, baring an Irish Jet type of idiocy. Freakin' micks.

That said, the obvious direction to go in is the inactives. I know we don't want town power roles to be attracting the most attention, but even Adriana, God rest her soul, was able to play both sides for awhile. Of course she did start to shiit blood at the end. Damn, I shoulda banged her.

That's a nice general direction. Do you have anyone in mind? I mentioned Carlito as pretty inactive a couple posts above you.

vote: Henry Hill

Now something happenned since your last post

This cracked me up.

I'm gonna unvote Fredo, because that's going nowhere. I'm sure Michael can take care of Fredo for me.

Can you believe the balls on this guy?

Makes 1 post complaining about the progess made since he last graced us with his presence and does nothing to help move the game forward himself!

I made my argument for the bandwagoner, but it got little response. Everyone just wants to take out the Mooley, I get it.

Vote Count:

Jimmy Conway(1) - Fredo Corleone

Lefty Ruggerio (5) - Joe Cabot, Jimmy Conway, Sonny LoSpecchio, Al Capone, Virgil Sollozo

Marcellus Wallace (4) - John Rooney, Tony Montana, Tony Soprano, Lefty Ruggerio

Fredo Corleone (1) - Henry Hill

Henry Hill (1) - Frank Costello

Joe Cabbot (1) - Nicky Santoro,

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch

Sorry for the sudden absence everyone. As far as my thoughts and to address some questions I saw while catching up:

The fact is, I unfortunately feel like there's not a whole lot to go on right now. Despite his incessant whining, I made it quite clear even when voting Lefty that I wasn't sure about it and was just going with it because I had nothing better at the time. I really had no intentions of sticking with it long term, but his piss poor reaction to the vote hasn't given me any cause to change my mind. The fact that nobody else has really become an obvious vote for me yet has caused me to keep it where it is.

Otherwise, its kind of tough getting a read on people the first day, particularly when you don't even know who anyone is and can't try to read their tendencies. I'm not really at all convinced of Wallace, so my vote wouldn't go there at this point. The biggest thing really going against him has been his complaints about things related to the alts, such as the way people are posting with them and the comments directed towards him. While unnecessary, I hardly see that as a mafia indicator. To an extent, I kind of see his point as we do need to get past that as its making it far too easy for people to post without really contributing anything meaningful as well as the "in character" excuse for certain things people are posting.

On that point, my main concern now comes to those people who aren't contributing anything of substance. I know its hard right now, but to chime in every few posts with a wise guy comment to keep yourself relevant isn't exactly helpful. I know I haven't posted a whole lot, but I've tried to at least make my posts relevant to the game. If I was worried about post count I could split this into 4 separate posts, but the key is content. I honestly have to look into it further in order to be able to name names, because frankly its a little tougher to keep track of who is saying what with these alts.

I'm pretty sure I have at least 4 people pegged based on tendencies (and don't ask me to reveal because I won't). As for the second bolded part above, I agree 100% and that is precisely why I haven't posted a whole lot. There is nothing going on and I have gotten no insight (other than my player suspicions) so I'd rather not say anything than post annoying Carlito quotes. The first vote is always a guess, but looking for voting patterns beginning day 1 plus night kills gets us off to a good start.

That's a nice general direction. Do you have anyone in mind? I mentioned Carlito as pretty inactive a couple posts above you.

This cracked me up.

I'm gonna unvote Fredo, because that's going nowhere. I'm sure Michael can take care of Fredo for me.

No Godfather, I really don't. I'm not saying an inactive player should be the lynch, but I don't see the harm in putting everyone's feet to the fire, mine included. I just don't respect players hiding out like scred little vermin, while the players with balls make themselves known and makes themselves targets by default. This is not in reference to any players in this particular game - yet - so lets' not get our nipples twisted over my comment, huh?

Unvote

Vote Joe Cabot

I'm getting tired of people telling me why I can't have fun playing this game.

Who said anything about not having fun? All I'm saying is perhaps some people need to actually try posting something with some sort of actual content or relevance every now and then. And yet you have a problem with that? Sorry that I actually expect people to contribute something. I'll give you credit, at least in your case you have provided at least some substance, even if your crap-to-substance ratio is like 5-to-1, there's people who haven't even done that.

Who said anything about not having fun? All I'm saying is perhaps some people need to actually try posting something with some sort of actual content or relevance every now and then. And yet you have a problem with that? Sorry that I actually expect people to contribute something. I'll give you credit, at least in your case you have provided at least some substance, even if your crap-to-substance ratio is like 5-to-1, there's people who haven't even done that.

Go pull up any game and review day 1. 99% of the time it's a bunch of crap until someone dies and you know it.

You need to drink a mocha and go with the flow. I for one like the one liners etc.. it's funny stuff. You know as well as I do things will heat up in the coming days. In the meantime if your itching to solve a mystery I recommend you go read a couple Encyclopedia Brown books. Joe Cab-rone.

No Godfather, I really don't. I'm not saying an inactive player should be the lynch, but I don't see the harm in putting everyone's feet to the fire, mine included. I just don't respect players hiding out like scred little vermin, while the players with balls make themselves known and makes themselves targets by default. This is not in reference to any players in this particular game - yet - so lets' not get our nipples twisted over my comment, huh?

My nipples aren't twisted at all. In fact, I agree with you. Going after inactives is obviously imperfect, but there's not much else to go on the first day. The alts make it even more difficult, removing the usual prejudices. As soon as I was ready to cast a vote for Carlito, he shows up (conveniently?) with a reason why he's not posting much.

I don't want to be led around, but I'm open to suggestions.

My nipples aren't twisted at all. In fact, I agree with you. Going after inactives is obviously imperfect, but there's not much else to go on the first day. The alts make it even more difficult, removing the usual prejudices. As soon as I was ready to cast a vote for Carlito, he shows up (conveniently?) with a reason why he's not posting much.

My comment was not directed at you Don. I just didn't want people in this game to think I was calling them out for hiding, especially on the first day. I just think in general it's a fanook way to play.

All sorts of crazy talk going on right now. Everyone knows the first day is a crap shoot and you go with either trends, inactives or reactions.

So far, we know Lefty was super defensive toward everyone voting for him, reason enough for me not to change my vote.

Personally, I dont like the way Cabot is bossing people around and acting like day 1 is a perfect science and everyone should have half page cases built when we know nothing.

I dont like that Carlito dropped in and said that he has 4 people pegged with tendencies but he wont share them. WTF is that? Isnt that what the game is about? How the hell is anyone going to build any cases if people are holding back their suspicions?

I dont like Henry Hill at all. He reminds me of Woody and I hate the way Woody plays. And I dont like his smart ass comment toward the vote he received.

And finally, nobody answered this question and I find it relative. I have played in quite a few of these games, at both sites and I have never scene this "L - #" thing that a couple of people used to indicate how far from a lynch a player is...I think Frank and Lefty both used them. I find that relative because who ever used it first could be a possible JI'er using lingo that us who have come to JN dont use in our games...or at least I dont recall seeing it any of the games here at JN.

Ace and Carlito have posted fewer times than Slats. Maybe this reflects worse on Slats.

But Carlito I have my eye on.

I'm pretty sure I have at least 4 people pegged based on tendencies (and don't ask me to reveal because I won't). As for the second bolded part above, I agree 100% and that is precisely why I haven't posted a whole lot. There is nothing going on and I have gotten no insight (other than my player suspicions) so I'd rather not say anything than post annoying Carlito quotes. The first vote is always a guess, but looking for voting patterns beginning day 1 plus night kills gets us off to a good start.

If you believe the first vote is a guess, what do you learn from voting patterns?

You have no insight to share now, maybe you hope to slide by until the first night kills.

It really does make it difficult cause now you don't know if the inactive guy who pops in every once in awhile is WoodyPaige being his normal self or Vic laying low..

That's the point though I guess..

I think it's time to start pressuring people and see what happens..

I dont like that Carlito dropped in and said that he has 4 people pegged with tendencies but he wont share them. WTF is that? Isnt that what the game is about? How the hell is anyone going to build any cases if people are holding back their suspicions?

Because if I revealed who I THOUGHT was who, this whole thread would turn into a "I think this person is this person" and "Carlito thinks this person is this person, but could be lying" and "I'm definitely not this person" rigmarole of time wasting nonsense. Plus, the purpose of these alts is so that no one knows who anyone else is. I'm allowed to guess for myself and keep tabs for my own opinions/research, but I don't think it'd be in the spirit of the game to openly guess.

All sorts of crazy talk going on right now. Everyone knows the first day is a crap shoot and you go with either trends, inactives or reactions.

So far, we know Lefty was super defensive toward everyone voting for him, reason enough for me not to change my vote.

Personally, I dont like the way Cabot is bossing people around and acting like day 1 is a perfect science and everyone should have half page cases built when we know nothing.

I dont like Henry Hill at all. He reminds me of Woody and I hate the way Woody plays. And I dont like his smart ass comment toward the vote he received.

And finally, nobody answered this question and I find it relative. I have played in quite a few of these games, at both sites and I have never scene this "L - #" thing that a couple of people used to indicate how far from a lynch a player is...I think Frank and Lefty both used them. I find that relative because who ever used it first could be a possible JI'er using lingo that us who have come to JN dont use in our games...or at least I dont recall seeing it any of the games here at JN.

Yes. He is a steroid-enhanced DanX.

I have seen L-# used by CTM and others.

I've seen it last game, it means how far away from Lynch you are, like a countdown t- 10 seconds..

I don't know how it's relevant? I don't think actual JI members are the scum here, I believe that Slats or Ware Ensemble could have the "PaulieC" role. The JI/JN stuff justs seems like flavor to me.

Does anyone else think we are really hunting for JI members here?

What are you saying? You think the JI scum in this game is actually a four person team that Doggin imported from JI just for this game? Maybe he and Max should've planned this one for April Fools day.

Who's the cult leader? T0mShane?

Needless to say, I think this idea is a little off the wall.

The first time I read his post I thought he ment he knew who was behind the alts four guys and if that is the case I don't really see the point in revealing it. I don't think the point of the game is to figure out who is behind the alts. If it's in game roles that he likes he knows then why the **** is he hiding it?

People have been doing that for a while. Really nothing new.

If you believe the first vote is a guess, what do you learn from voting patterns?

You have no insight to share now, maybe you hope to slide by until the first night kills.

Should have clarified that voting patterns don't show up until later in the game, but you have to count the first vote/night kill in those patterns.

Um...pretty sure everyone is hoping to slide by until the first night kills. Ever played this game before? :rolleyes:

Because if I revealed who I THOUGHT was who, this whole thread would turn into a "I think this person is this person" and "Carlito thinks this person is this person, but could be lying" and "I'm definitely not this person" rigmarole of time wasting nonsense. Plus, the purpose of these alts is so that no one knows who anyone else is. I'm allowed to guess for myself and keep tabs for my own opinions/research, but I don't think it'd be in the spirit of the game to openly guess.

I stopped trying to figure it out after the intial amusement factor wore off..

I think the only people who will really care about who is who are scum and cult members trying to figure out who to kill/convert. Maybe town power roles as well, but they obviously shouldn't be expressing these ideas..

With that said

unvote

vote Carilito's way

What do you need to be researching whose who for?

Should have clarified that voting patterns don't show up until later in the game, but you have to count the first vote/night kill in those patterns.

Um...pretty sure everyone is hoping to slide by until the first night kills. Ever played this game before? :rolleyes:

Most others try to find scum. The first day is for pressuring, questioning, noticing unusual behavior. You are special to have no insight.

Archived