JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

We should also be careful of someone controlling the town and guiding it down a path from the first vote on. At this stage in the game as many have pointed it out already, it's a crapshoot. We have to make decisions based on those who have had pressure applied on them and that is more of a personal preference. As for myself, I feel it's more curious when someone who is questioned pops in immediately to defend themselves, then disappears only to come back and be defensive and immidately try to move the focus away from themselves.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I stopped trying to figure it out after the intial amusement factor wore off..

I think the only people who will really care about who is who are scum and cult members trying to figure out who to kill/convert. Maybe town power roles as well, but they obviously shouldn't be expressing these ideas..

With that said

unvote

vote Carilito's way

What do you need to be researching whose who for?

Your opinion is noted.

I'd prefer to know who is trying to dupe/kill me.

Most others try to find scum. The first day is for pressuring, questioning, noticing unusual behavior. You are special to have no insight.

Fair enough. What have you gleaned from this extensively fact-ridden day 1 thus far? Because if you have any insight as to who may be scum on the first day - a day everyone knows is a crapshoot - please, share it with us. Maybe you've picked up something I haven't.

We should also be careful of someone controlling the town and guiding it down a path from the first vote on. At this stage in the game as many have pointed it out already, it's a crapshoot. We have to make decisions based on those who have had pressure applied on them and that is more of a personal preference. As for myself, I feel it's more curious when someone who is questioned pops in immediately to defend themselves, then disappears only to come back and be defensive and immidately try to move the focus away from themselves.

funny you show up senorita. I was wondering where you had vanished to.

funny you show up senorita. I was wondering where you had vanished to.

I'm here compadre. I've been reading mostly and it's been a typical first day. It'll probably come down to the mod putting a deadline in place. Otherwise I can see us continually swimming circles.

Oh, and right now, we've got Wallace who's acting like a crazy person, Cabot who's pushing a case on average at best grounds attempting to establish himself as a leader, Lefty who's overreacting, Fredo who's bandwagoned, Tony Montana who's jumping around, and Nicky who's slowly trying to establish himself as a leader.

That's what I see so far.

All sorts of crazy talk going on right now. Everyone knows the first day is a crap shoot and you go with either trends, inactives or reactions.

So far, we know Lefty was super defensive toward everyone voting for him, reason enough for me not to change my vote.

Personally, I dont like the way Cabot is bossing people around and acting like day 1 is a perfect science and everyone should have half page cases built when we know nothing.

I dont like that Carlito dropped in and said that he has 4 people pegged with tendencies but he wont share them. WTF is that? Isnt that what the game is about? How the hell is anyone going to build any cases if people are holding back their suspicions?

I dont like Henry Hill at all. He reminds me of Woody and I hate the way Woody plays. And I dont like his smart ass comment toward the vote he received.

And finally, nobody answered this question and I find it relative. I have played in quite a few of these games, at both sites and I have never scene this "L - #" thing that a couple of people used to indicate how far from a lynch a player is...I think Frank and Lefty both used them. I find that relative because who ever used it first could be a possible JI'er using lingo that us who have come to JN dont use in our games...or at least I dont recall seeing it any of the games here at JN.

You know now that I'm thinking about it Joeys play has been rather odd. Comes in with guns blazing against lefty to create a case then disappears once people join the train.

Today he floats in to scold us for not playing right but still says nothing about anyone other than the 2 prime suspects. He adds a little throw away sentence about being "confused about who's saying what with all these alts"... hogwash Joe... all of us are doing a good enough job of knowing who said what-- all you have to do is go back and look. Why the faux confusion?

And finally, nobody answered this question and I find it relative. I have played in quite a few of these games, at both sites and I have never scene this "L - #" thing that a couple of people used to indicate how far from a lynch a player is...I think Frank and Lefty both used them. I find that relative because who ever used it first could be a possible JI'er using lingo that us who have come to JN dont use in our games...or at least I dont recall seeing it any of the games here at JN.

Note - because I don't want there to be any confusion - roles were assigned randomly. If someone from JI was on the blind signups (and they may have been) they could be anything from mafia to cult to vanilla townie to townie with a power role.

And, because it came up, speculating/arguing about who is behind which alt is not against the spirit of the game (at least not from my mod perspective - i.e. there's no punishment for it, and it's typically a part of every alts game I've played on other sites).

Vote Count:

Jimmy Conway(1) - Fredo Corleone

Lefty Ruggerio (5) - Joe Cabot, Jimmy Conway, Sonny LoSpecchio, Al Capone, Virgil Sollozo

Marcellus Wallace (4) - John Rooney, Tony Montana, Tony Soprano, Lefty Ruggerio

Fredo Corleone (1) - Henry Hill

Carlito Brigante (1) - Frank Costello

Joe Cabbot (1) - Nicky Santoro

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch

Note - because I don't want there to be any confusion - roles were assigned randomly. If someone from JI was on the blind signups (and they may have been) they could be anything from mafia to cult to vanilla townie to townie with a power role.

And, because it came up, speculating/arguing about who is behind which alt is not against the spirit of the game (at least not from my mod perspective - i.e. there's no punishment for it, and it's typically a part of every alts game I've played on other sites).

Thanks for the clearing up. I didn't think we were actually hunting for JI members but, rather, players with JI aliases.

I think I agree that Marcellus' response to the pressure on him doesn't seem to be a typical scum response. While I'm not going to completely rule him out as scum I'd like to hear from some others.

Unvote: Marcellus Wallace

I'd really like to get Joe Cabot's thoughts on players other than Lefty. I'd also like get the thoughts of the Corleone family and a couple of Goodfellas.

Thanks for asking Ace. Unfortunately I can't speak for the family because my father thinks I'm retarded and my brother Michael had me shot. I still love them both, no hard feelings.

Earlier in the game I tossed out a couple votes on John Rooney and Sonny to create some action and jostle them a little for not knowing their alters.

I was thinking the same thing after reading through all the posts :yawn:

I have a wedding to attend, one of the bosses daugthers, and Sunday is Mothers day. No buddy is more important then my Mama! So I wont be very active this weekend.

Vote Lefty

Then voted Jimmy because this post made someone suggest he was trying to confer with other players, like cultist. So in here lies my question?

1. Are their numerous cult members in the game now or only one who can pick other players at night?

2. Is this something we have to wait and find out?

Doggin if your still lurking either answer me or tell me you can't.

Until I get a clear understanding here I will take my unvote on Jimmy, but he needs to understand my FOS is his and no apology should be expected.

Oh, and right now, we've got Wallace who's acting like a crazy person, Cabot who's pushing a case on average at best grounds attempting to establish himself as a leader, Lefty who's overreacting, Fredo who's bandwagoned, Tony Montana who's jumping around, and Nicky who's slowly trying to establish himself as a leader.

Hey goodfella- I don't see how you think I'm jumping around. I stated I think Marcellus is curious with his touchiness/disappearing and deflecting style. I voted for him, I haven't taken my vote off of him. Isn't that the opposite of jumping around and wouldn't you call that consistent?

Otherwise your observations are noted, I feel similarly to you about the mentioned names.

Actually a decent job of summing things up so far.

Thanks for asking Ace. Unfortunately I can't speak for the family because my father thinks I'm retarded and my brother Michael had me shot. I still love them both, no hard feelings.

"Retarded" is such an ugly word. Although I admit that while I never wanted this for Michael, I took one look at you and knew I had no choice.

I'll lead my foot into your ass if that's what you mean. I'm not intersted in being in charge of nothing.. just want to kill JI scum and whoever this cultist sunovabitch is.

Fair enough. What have you gleaned from this extensively fact-ridden day 1 thus far? Because if you have any insight as to who may be scum on the first day - a day everyone knows is a crapshoot - please, share it with us. Maybe you've picked up something I haven't.

We make people talk, we observe their reactions. Read what has been said of Marcellus, Henry, Lefty, Joe...

More talking equals more information. Not posting because you lack any ideas is avoidance or idiocy.

Henry you might want to go a little leash on the nose candy it's clouding your judgement. I have voted for three different people and I believe I was the first person and only person each time. I wasn't band wagoning I was stirring up ****.

Because if I revealed who I THOUGHT was who, this whole thread would turn into a "I think this person is this person" and "Carlito thinks this person is this person, but could be lying" and "I'm definitely not this person" rigmarole of time wasting nonsense. Plus, the purpose of these alts is so that no one knows who anyone else is. I'm allowed to guess for myself and keep tabs for my own opinions/research, but I don't think it'd be in the spirit of the game to openly guess.

Doggin says guessing who's behind the alts isn't against the spirit of the game.

So now I'm trying to figure out if it's scummy to suggest you know something but intend to withold it, or if only scum should be interested in who's who. While I see how that info could be useful for scum, I think it's also useful for the town trying to avoid following one of our pied pipers.

Either way, it's supicious behavior.

vote Carlito Brigante

Thanks guys for answering my questions, it would take to long to quote you all so I will try to address you all in this post.

Frank, didnt know the L-# had been used before. I thought it was relative because for some reason I thought Doggin said that JI'ers were scum, which he just debunked for me...so thank you for the clarification from both of you. Dont know why I have never seen it used.

Carlito, I didnt realize you were talking about alts...I thought you meant game trends.

Fredo, that was an honest mistake, but I entirely understand where you are coming from and dont blame you for the suspicion. However, Doggin just stated that there is only 1 cult member.

You know now that I'm thinking about it Joeys play has been rather odd. Comes in with guns blazing against lefty to create a case then disappears once people join the train.

Today he floats in to scold us for not playing right but still says nothing about anyone other than the 2 prime suspects. He adds a little throw away sentence about being "confused about who's saying what with all these alts"... hogwash Joe... all of us are doing a good enough job of knowing who said what-- all you have to do is go back and look. Why the faux confusion?

Joe's posts are odd. The change in style, EY yesterday and Dan today. The strange remark about the alts.

unvote

Vote: Joe Cabot

Vote Count:

Lefty Ruggerio (4) - Joe Cabot, Jimmy Conway, Sonny LoSpecchio, Al Capone

Marcellus Wallace (4) - John Rooney, Tony Montana, Tony Soprano, Lefty Ruggerio

Fredo Corleone (1) - Henry Hill

Carlito Brigante (2) - Frank Costello, Vito Corleone

Joe Cabbot (2) - Nicky Santoro, Virgil Sollozo

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch

What has become of John Rooney.

Good question. He posted how interesting he thought the game was going to be on Sunday night...

Side note, this mafia game is going to be more interesting simply because of the anonymous log-ins.

And hasn't been heard from since.

How many crybabies are we going to have in one game? Scolding you? You can't possibly be serious.

I made a very valid comment that there are people in this thread being "involved" while contributing absolutely nothing. Ever since then its the only thing you can concentrate on because you want to be able to say whatever you want and nobody should dare say a word about it. And you know what, that's fine because as I will say for the third time since apparently you are too dense to pay attention the first two, the bottom line is to also actually try contributing something, which some here are clearly not.

And there is no "faux confusion", there's 19 people in the game with random names, so sorry if it means I have to go back and look to remember who exactly said what. In what possible world is that concept even remotely scummy? Hell, you said yourself "all you have to do is go back and look" and my EXACT comment when I made my point was "I honestly have to look into it further". So you actually ended up agreeing with what I said!

Lets be honest, the only thing you've got against me is being all pissy about a point that wasn't even directed at you because you want to make random bull**** comments all day.

Doggin says guessing who's behind the alts isn't against the spirit of the game.

So now I'm trying to figure out if it's scummy to suggest you know something but intend to withold it, or if only scum should be interested in who's who. While I see how that info could be useful for scum, I think it's also useful for the town trying to avoid following one of our pied pipers.

Either way, it's supicious behavior.

vote Carlito Brigante

Ok, it's not against the spirit of the game. I'm still keeping my thoughts behind the alts to myself, lest I become a scum target - I don't know who is on my side yet. The object of the town is to identify scum so why would only scum be interested in who's who?

How many crybabies are we going to have in one game? Scolding you? You can't possibly be serious.

I made a very valid comment that there are people in this thread being "involved" while contributing absolutely nothing. Ever since then its the only thing you can concentrate on because you want to be able to say whatever you want and nobody should dare say a word about it. And you know what, that's fine because as I will say for the third time since apparently you are too dense to pay attention the first two, the bottom line is to also actually try contributing something, which some here are clearly not.

And there is no "faux confusion", there's 19 people in the game with random names, so sorry if it means I have to go back and look to remember who exactly said what. In what possible world is that concept even remotely scummy? Hell, you said yourself "all you have to do is go back and look" and my EXACT comment when I made my point was "I honestly have to look into it further". So you actually ended up agreeing with what I said!

Lets be honest, the only thing you've got against me is being all pissy about a point that wasn't even directed at you because you want to make random bull**** comments all day.

Pot, meet kettle.

Wow, we're certainly getting awfully defensive for such an allegedly invalid point, aren't we?

And you probably shouldn't talk about other people's intelligence ... What kind of idiot does that make you?

Hey goodfella- I don't see how you think I'm jumping around. I stated I think Marcellus is curious with his touchiness/disappearing and deflecting style. I voted for him, I haven't taken my vote off of him. Isn't that the opposite of jumping around and wouldn't you call that consistent?

Otherwise your observations are noted, I feel similarly to you about the mentioned names.

With you I meant more in and out of the game.

Pot, meet kettle.

You're right, the dozen posts you made throwing a fit over the votes you received is certainly equivalent to me once pointing out the fact that Nicky's entire argument me is based on him getting all pissy over the fact that I made the entirely valid point that some people are making posts which are completely useless to the game and not contributing anything. :rolleyes:

Archived