JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

Carlito? Why would your word on who is who be anymore certain than anybody else. You would be just spitting names like any of us. Unless of course you do know more than we do because of some role?

Or is the sheer genius of Carlito Brigante suppose to make me just gloss a smile over my face and accept this as testament?

Are you saying that you think he could have some kind of role that tells him who is behind each alias? That's kind of ridiculous. First of all, why would Doggin even consider such an ability, it would be nearly worthless? Second of all, since it's day 1, he would have to have been given that information already without performing an action. Seems like you're grasping at straws here. FOS Fredo.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOWEVER, there is no way Carlito could have a day power which would give him info on more than one person. Is that right Doggin?

Sorry, that's one of those things I can neither confirm nor deny. Answering questions about the cult was an exception, because JN players have never seen it and knowing it's in the game and can recruit is important. But I'm not giving out any other role info.

So I went through and tried to review the posts by player to see what jumped out at me. Here's a few thoughts I had:

Carlito - A lot has been made about him trying to figure out who is who. I really think that's sort of a natural thing, even if its just trying to get an idea of who you're dealing with as you post rather then sitting there and spending significant time trying to decipher who is who. Part of the problem I think is because with all of the questions about it, he's got more tied up in that conversation instead of being involved in other convos. Not much else to get a read on him with yet.

John Rooney - Outside of his disappearing act which has been noted by others, here is a guy who fell into the area of concern I mentioned earlier. Of his posts, only two could be considered even relatively game related. One being nothing more than a vote against Wallace and the other talking about how the alts will make this game more interesting.

Tommy DeVito - The #1 thing that stood out was that he mentioned one FOS and cast one vote, both times he stated that he wasn't the "bandwagoning type" while jumping on the bandwagon of the moment. Always suspicious to me when people are defending themselves in advance of any questions while doing something that may bring questions on them.

Sonny LoSpecchio - Only 3 posts of any sort of relevance. One was a vote on Lefty with a strange comment about a JI poster, another about Lefty's defensiveness and the last being his "Defelction Alert" which I found to be quite odd.

Henry Hill - He's posted a bunch without saying much of anything. Voted Fredo early for bandwagoning and then speculated on game mechanics a little bit before just starting to post about random BS. He threw out one post commenting on a bunch of players and then later jumped on my bandwagon with no further explanation, which ironically enough was what caused him to cast his first vote.

John Rooney - Outside of his disappearing act which has been noted by others, here is a guy who fell into the area of concern I mentioned earlier. Of his posts, only two could be considered even relatively game related. One being nothing more than a vote against Wallace and the other talking about how the alts will make this game more interesting.

It's going on just about two full days since Rooney made his brilliant post about the alts making the game interesting. If he thinks it's going to be so damn interesting, why doesn't he involve himself a little bit?

Let's involve him more.

unvote

vote John Rooney

It's going on just about two full days since Rooney made his brilliant post about the alts making the game interesting. If he thinks it's going to be so damn interesting, why doesn't he involve himself a little bit?

Let's involve him more.

unvote

vote John Rooney

As much as I dont like Lefty's reaction to his intial votes, he is at least active and has done a 180.

Unvote: Lefty

Vote: Rooney

Its just totally unexceptable IMO to not post at all in 2 days and not contribute anything whatsoever at this point.

Sonny LoSpecchio - Only 3 posts of any sort of relevance. One was a vote on Lefty with a strange comment about a JI poster, another about Lefty's defensiveness and the last being his "Defelction Alert" which I found to be quite odd.

I agree with you on this one. I was just re-reading and the word that best describes his game thus far is... spastic. Not sure what this pezzo di merdas deal is.

Other than Joe and Lefty being bipolar, this is bothering me as well. I just dont know why you would make that statement. Just weird and I dont like the way he brushed it off as nothing.

However, I'm not sure if I should be suspicious of you or not. Tony asked me if my grammatical error was intentional or not. And the theory was bogus to begin with because according to Doggin the cult leader is alone, but you jumped all over it. Then you even unvoted me based of that potential but didnt even address the fact you were wrong when it was debunked. I find that strange, along with the fact you have been all over the place with your voting. However, at least you are strirring the pot.

Which leads me to ask why so many players havent voted? I understand that its early and there isnt a whole lot to go on, but pressuring players that have been suspicious is the only way to develop cases to vote. I think there is enough to go onto at least put pressure on players. I am not saying we should rush to lynch, but at least get some conversation going. Whether you vote because of actions, reactions or no actions at least you are going to make someone talk.

Jimmy I'm actually the one that asked Doggin to clarify how many cultist we started with. After he answered me I changed my vote and realized that the theory was crap. Go back read it's their.

Of all the other nonsense going on I find Carlito's claim as suspicious as the Cabot vs Lefty melodrama. None of it is rock solid, but it does seem to be the most noticeable.

I have to agree that their are too many inactives and though some people may not like it we may need to start slapping some of the quiet ones around before we move to quick on anything else.

Are you saying that you think he could have some kind of role that tells him who is behind each alias? That's kind of ridiculous. First of all, why would Doggin even consider such an ability, it would be nearly worthless? Second of all, since it's day 1, he would have to have been given that information already without performing an action. Seems like you're grasping at straws here. FOS Fredo.

No, I have no idea of what kind of power he may or not have. Doggin just said we're not going to find out either. Yet, I was simply stating it was weird of him to say and I'm trying to do my best to find who is scum. I'm just looking into the clues we have, it's not many and each and everyone should be looked at.

So did you read my posts or are you just believing what others tell you? Because never once did I say for us to go after inactives. More than anything, my point has been how deceiving post counts can be in this game and keep an eye on those who were keeping themselves "active" while contributing nothing. I don't understand what is so hard about this concept for people to grasp.

I read your posts, the post in question was you bringing up the post count, which you posted in whole for everyone.

As I said earlier, it's a fair point though. Guys often use the post a lot tactic while drawing from what others are posting alone, and get by deep in the game by never really starting a train, and thus creating no enemies. The under the radar play is smartest, especially early on -- as those with higher post counts that aren't attacking others wiil survive 9 times out of 10.

Jimmy I'm actually the one that asked Doggin to clarify how many cultist we started with. After he answered me I changed my vote and realized that the theory was crap. Go back read it's their.

Of all the other nonsense going on I find Carlito's claim as suspicious as the Cabot vs Lefty melodrama. None of it is rock solid, but it does seem to be the most noticeable.

I have to agree that their are too many inactives and though some people may not like it we may need to start slapping some of the quiet ones around before we move to quick on anything else.

I definitely fall into that inactive category and I'll apologize in advance for any continued perceived inactivity as my work hours have been flipped on me completely. I'll be around more in the late evening and early AM.

I'm a bit lost at this point. Last night we had a Lefty vs Joe "melodrama" as my smaaht friend calls it, and we still do only now Joe is getting votes too and has had a similar reaction to Lefty's (i.e insults). The focus is off of Marcellus' odd behavior and that is now on Carlito making a comment about having a good idea about who's who in terms of alts/actual posters.

I understand its day 1 and there generally isn't much of anything to go off of on day 1 but it really seems like we don't have anything. Is there anyone out there that has even a marginally better grasp than I on whats occured so far?

I should be at the top of this ****ing list. Most of these pussies have been either shot or killed. Buncha mooks.

Really? I haven't seen that movie in 15 years.

I still have my dick, though.

This posting style is quite similar to a certain poster from JI.

Vote:Lefty

Nope, I'm a ****ing retard. Just saying.

Oh, and **** you.

His ass hurts.

Lefty has gotten awfully defensive and is hurling insults like they're confetti. Is it part of his character, or is he just a douche?

You used the word 'umbrage'. You're definitely not one of us.

In The Name Of The King was even worst than Operation Dumbo Drop.

How long are you going to live off of two good movies? How can you live with yourself after making that piece of ****? Uwe Boll is the devil.

Let's go take a walk in a corn field.

Deflection Alert!!!

These are all of Sonny's posts. I think this is the prime example of posting to appear active while not really providing us with anything useful. I'd like to get some thoughts from him rather than one liners about Ray Liotta movies.

Vote: Sonny

I read your posts, the post in question was you bringing up the post count, which you posted in whole for everyone.

As I said earlier, it's a fair point though. Guys often use the post a lot tactic while drawing from what others are posting alone, and get by deep in the game by never really starting a train, and thus creating no enemies. The under the radar play is smartest, especially early on -- as those with higher post counts that aren't attacking others wiil survive 9 times out of 10.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying in the bold part above, I never posted everyone's post count. I'm not sure if maybe you're confusing me with someone else, but on a look through the thread the last time I saw the list of post counts posted was by Lefty in this post:

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1267636&postcount=142

The only activity discussion I brought up was regarding questions about people's post content (or lack thereof).

These are all of Sonny's posts. I think this is the prime example of posting to appear active while not really providing us with anything useful. I'd like to get some thoughts from him rather than one liners about Ray Liotta movies.

I have to be honest, I was expecting a "Gotcha!" at the end of all those quotes.

That said, I actually whole-heartedly agree with this. I think I'm done with Lefty for now and while I agree with the sentiment on Rooney too, I'd much rather we hear something more from him before piling on too much. I'm good with putting some pressure somewhere new, so for now I'm going to...

Unvote

I have to be honest, I was expecting a "Gotcha!" at the end of all those quotes.

That said, I actually whole-heartedly agree with this. I think I'm done with Lefty for now and while I agree with the sentiment on Rooney too, I'd much rather we hear something more from him before piling on too much. I'm good with putting some pressure somewhere new, so for now I'm going to...

Unvote

He's not going to be THAT obvious...

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying in the bold part above, I never posted everyone's post count. I'm not sure if maybe you're confusing me with someone else, but on a look through the thread the last time I saw the list of post counts posted was by Lefty in this post:

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1267636&postcount=142

The only activity discussion I brought up was regarding questions about people's post content (or lack thereof).

You're right, and my apologies--I'd read that post at least 4 times, and would have sworn it was you. Unvote: Joe Cabot

With that said, I think it's fair to say we know who Ace is :P

Carlito? Why would your word on who is who be anymore certain than anybody else. You would be just spitting names like any of us. Unless of course you do know more than we do because of some role?

Or is the sheer genius of Carlito Brigante suppose to make me just gloss a smile over my face and accept this as testament?

I never said it was. Just pure speculation on my part. I don't know more than anyone else.

That's part of what makes it hard to keep everyone straight. Pacino, De Niro, and Pesci must make up half the players in this game.

He'd have to be good. But that's coming from the guy who's always last to realize that jetsrule128 has a new screen name.

Who would publicly admit that?! :P

Fair enough. There's just absolutely nothing to go on at this point, and pretty much everyone is suspicious. There is no information to be gleaned during the first day, we all know this.

That said, we have to vote for someone who seems the most suspicious just to give us a chance to start the game off right.

Fair enough. There's just absolutely nothing to go on at this point, and pretty much everyone is suspicious. There is no information to be gleaned during the first day, we all know this.

That said, we have to vote for someone who seems the most suspicious just to give us a chance to start the game off right.

Sonny what are your thoughts on some of the other vote getters? I know you're comfortable with your Lefty vote, but what do you make of the other side of the Lefty vs Joe fight? Or Marcellus and Carlito getting multiple votes built up on them?

Sonny what are your thoughts on some of the other vote getters? I know you're comfortable with your Lefty vote, but what do you make of the other side of the Lefty vs Joe fight? Or Marcellus and Carlito getting multiple votes built up on them?

I think it's entirely too early to fixate on voting patterns. On the first day, someones says something hinky, and 5-6 people vote for him. He defends himself and the crowd goes another way. I had no problems with either Marcellus or Carlito. Life gets in the way of alot of things.

It comes down to whether or not we want to vote for a lynch or wait for a random lynch. I always like to vote for it, at least we have a little to go on. The percentages are just so against us otherwise. We won't always get lucky like the first JN game.

These first days are always a crap shoot.

Had to work late. The IRS needs to see a paycheck, ya know?

Do we have a deadline at all for this vote?

John, when you're called out for not participating, usually we'd like to see a little more content when you finally do show up.

You see Sonny all of a sudden giving it the old college try.

Is it now?;)

I think I know who you are and it isn't EY if that's what people are thinking, killa.

Sorry about being away so much guys. Important life events are happening that take priority. I should be back to normal by tonight I think.

For now:

unvote: lefty

I don't really know if it makes me a target to guess players, but it's fun to guess.

On a sidenote, it would be hilarious if joe Cabot turned out to be woody.

Reading back, I have to disagree with a lot of you saying the 1st day is useless. There is plenty to glean from it as long as you don't get too fixated on theories and you view it as part of a case and not the whole case against someone.

I think the ways cults work can vary but my understanding of it is that once the leader dies, they all die. It is also my understanding that they can cult anybody, even scum. But that part I'm not certain of. So today we have a sole member and tomorrow we may have part of a team. What I am wondering is whether we have a converting mason team or a shrink that can block conversions to help balance the setup. And no, I am not any of those things.

I don't think the joe vs lefty debate was staged. It doesn't really make much sense for two members to draw so much suspicion on themselves so early on. I have a couple suspects I'll discuss in a future post.

I think the ways cults work can vary but my understanding of it is that once the leader dies, they all die. It is also my understanding that they can cult anybody, even scum. But that part I'm not certain of. So today we have a sole member and tomorrow we may have part of a team. What I am wondering is whether we have a converting mason team or a shrink that can block conversions to help balance the setup. And no, I am not any of those things.

That's interesting. I found another http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Cult'> mafia site that describes a cult this way:

Summary

The Cult recruits players into a faction similar to a Mason group. A Cult will usually have a Cult Leader who 'starts' the cult, and is responsible for recruiting players.

Variations

In some variations, the Cult has a pro-Town alignment, while in other variations, the Cult is a separate faction trying to take over the Town. In both variations, the Cult is successful when recruiting a pro-Town player, while a Cult member dies if they attempt to recruit a player that is part of the Mafia. Cults generally do not have a killing ability.

In some variations, if the Cult Leader dies, the role is passed to the oldest living recruited player. In other variations, if the Cult Leader dies then the Cult can no longer recruit. Also, there are some variations that have a backup Cult Leader that takes charge when the Cult Leader dies.

I think it's safe to say that our cult is not a pro-town cult.

Doggin says we only have a cult leader to start of the game, not a team. And I believe he said that only the leader can recruit. So that would agree with the above that if the leader dies, they lose the ability recruit new members. If it worked in such a way that you kill the leader and they all die, it almost makes it beneficial to let the leader do some recruiting for a couple days... I doubt that's the way it operates.

You think the cult can recruit mafia? Here they say the cult leader dies if he tries to recruit mafia. I think I prefer rival scum killing each other.

Vote Count:

Lefty Ruggerio (1) - Sonny LoSpecchio

Marcellus Wallace (3) - John Rooney, Tony Montana, Tony Soprano

Carlito Brigante (1) - Frank Costello

Joe Cabbot (4) - Nicky Santoro, Virgil Sollozo, Henry Hill, Lefty Ruggerio

John Rooney (3) - Michael Corleone, Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway

Sonny LoSpecchio (2) - Joe Cabot, Ace Rothstein

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch

That's interesting. I found anotherhttp://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Cult'> mafia site that describes a cult this way:

I think it's safe to say that our cult is not a pro-town cult.

Doggin says we only have a cult leader to start of the game, not a team. And I believe he said that only the leader can recruit. So that would agree with the above that if the leader dies, they lose the ability recruit new members. If it worked in such a way that you kill the leader and they all die, it almost makes it beneficial to let the leader do some recruiting for a couple days... I doubt that's the way it operates.

You think the cult can recruit mafia? Here they say the cult leader dies if he tries to recruit mafia. I think I prefer rival scum killing each other.

How could it be beneficial to let him live? What if he recruits all townies, or even a roled townie? I think I would rather they go back to their previous afiliation or just stay cultists without the power to recruit.

How could it be beneficial to let him live? What if he recruits all townies, or even a roled townie? I think I would rather they go back to their previous afiliation or just stay cultists without the power to recruit.

You're right. My brain was a little scrambled this morning. I was thinking we'd kill a bigger cult if he made it a few nights, but obviously it's better if the cult never grows in the first place. :confused0058:

I have coffee now. :coff: Things should improve here.

Archived