JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ain't that sweet- Little Carlito had a birthday party.

As soon as your done putting away your new pairs of underoos some comments on the game would be appreciated.

It's true, Cousin Vinny. I've only had one post so far. Game started Friday, birthday on Saturday, Mother's Day yesterday. My activity will increase. I just finished reading the thread for the first time and there is pretty much nothing of substance to go on so the first lynch will likely be a guess. That said, I won't vote yet.

Get some reading comprehension skills.

Sorry about the lack of involvement guys. Been busy with Mother's Day and all.

I'd say I've currently got a few FOS's: Lefty for getting so defensive in the face of accusation; Joe who I'm admittedly not too suspicious of but I'm putting him out there because I can't dismiss the possibility the whole Lefty/Joe thing is a scum setup; Marcellus for showing up 20 minutes after being called out by Nicky and Tony.

I'm torn between 1 and 3 right now. Lefty has got plenty of pressure on him so I'd like to get some more from Marcellus.

Vote: Marcellus Wallace

So having a busy weekend is an acceptable excuse for but a reason to for me? Just curious.

I'm gonna vote for Marcellus. Getting emotional and then disappearing? Doesn't seem like something an innocent guy will do.

Vote- Marcellus

Marcellus quickly appears when his name is mentioned. He promises a response later and disappears again.

I'll get to this later. I have to go catch a train now and wont be back for a couple of hours. Sorry for disappearing again.

Now in response to Ace:

Sorry about the lack of involvement guys. Been busy with Mother's Day and all.

I'd say I've currently got a few FOS's: Lefty for getting so defensive in the face of accusation; Joe who I'm admittedly not too suspicious of but I'm putting him out there because I can't dismiss the possibility the whole Lefty/Joe thing is a scum setup; Marcellus for showing up 20 minutes after being called out by Nicky and Tony.

I'm torn between 1 and 3 right now. Lefty has got plenty of pressure on him so I'd like to get some more from Marcellus.

Vote: Marcellus Wallace

So having a busy weekend is an acceptable excuse for but a reason to for me? Just curious.

Marcellus, you are notably untalkative for a man with five votes to his name. If this is all you wish to say, why could you not say it seven hours ago?

Vote Count:

Jimmy Conway(1) - Fredo Corleone

Lefty Ruggerio (6) - Joe Cabot, Jimmy Conway, Nicky Santoro, Sonny LoSpecchio, Al Capone, Virgil Sollozo

Marcellus Wallace (5) - John Rooney, Tony Montana, Ace Rothstein, Tony Soprano, Lefty Ruggerio

Fredo Corleone (2) - Henry Hill, Vito Corleone

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch

Marcellus quickly appears when his name is mentioned. He promises a response later and disappears again.

Now in response to Ace:

Marcellus, you are notably untalkative for a man with five votes to his name. If this is all you wish to say, why could you not say it seven hours ago?

The Marcellus situation is perplexing. He's apparently unsatisfied with the game and seemingly couldn't care less if he's voted off. I'd be happy to oblige him with my vote but not at the expense of lynching an innocent.

The quandary is that if he was mafia, he'd be putting up more of a fight. Even if he didn't necessarily care if he was voted off it would take an a-hole to ignore pleas of fellow scum PMing him with suggestions on what to say.

I could be wrong but my read is he's innocent and just doesn't give a **** about the game.

Votes gotta stay on Lefty until something else materializes.

The Marcellus situation is perplexing. He's apparently unsatisfied with the game and seemingly couldn't care less if he's voted off. I'd be happy to oblige him with my vote but not at the expense of lynching an innocent.

The quandary is that if he was mafia, he'd be putting up more of a fight. Even if he didn't necessarily care if he was voted off it would take an a-hole to ignore pleas of fellow scum PMing him with suggestions on what to say.

I could be wrong but my read is he's innocent and just doesn't give a **** about the game.

At the same time that type of mentality is very "pac/vic" like in the sense that just throwing your hands up and going home.

Lefty has shown some fight in him and I've seen plenty of innocents put up battles until the end. As of right now I still want some answers. All I know is that in this world all you got is your word and your balls, and you don't break em for nobody. If someone is busting my balls I'll be putting up a fighting effort.

Where did I say that I didn't want to play or that I didn't care? What do you want me to say? Lie and say that I was here and posting the whole time. Or should I go with the "The whole town is doomed if you vote for me. Game over." defense?

IMO voting for inactives is not the best strategy but if thats what we're gonna do here instead of going for the guy who "disappeared" why not go for the guys never actually appeared in the first place?

Check what I said again. I didn't say anything about your absence being odd. I very clearly stated what had me suspicious of you was the fact that not 20 minutes after Nicky (the short little ball buster that he is) calls you out for disappearing you make an appearance. Coincidence? Possibly, but not something I'm gonna overlook.

Check what I said again. I didn't say anything about your absence being odd. I very clearly stated what had me suspicious of you was the fact that not 20 minutes after Nicky (the short little ball buster that he is) calls you out for disappearing you make an appearance. Coincidence? Possibly, but not something I'm gonna overlook.

Fair enough.

I think I agree that Marcellus' response to the pressure on him doesn't seem to be a typical scum response. While I'm not going to completely rule him out as scum I'd like to hear from some others.

Unvote: Marcellus Wallace

I'd really like to get Joe Cabot's thoughts on players other than Lefty. I'd also like get the thoughts of the Corleone family and a couple of Goodfellas.

Vote Count:

Jimmy Conway(1) - Fredo Corleone

Lefty Ruggerio (6) - Joe Cabot, Jimmy Conway, Nicky Santoro, Sonny LoSpecchio, Al Capone, Virgil Sollozo

Marcellus Wallace (4) - John Rooney, Tony Montana, Tony Soprano, Lefty Ruggerio

Fredo Corleone (2) - Henry Hill, Vito Corleone

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch

I think I agree that Marcellus' response to the pressure on him doesn't seem to be a typical scum response. While I'm not going to completely rule him out as scum I'd like to hear from some others.

Unvote: Marcellus Wallace

I'd really like to get Joe Cabot's thoughts on players other than Lefty. I'd also like get the thoughts of the Corleone family and a couple of Goodfellas.

Yeah, Joe Cabot and his grand total of 6 posts in this thread with his first being a vote based on BS. :rolleyes:

That said, I'd definately like to hear from other posters.

I don't think I agree with this, there's just as many scum that slink away quietly hoping the ADD townies will get distracted and move onto the next shiny object..

Yeah, Joe Cabot and his grand total of 6 posts in this thread with his first being a vote based on BS. :rolleyes:

That said, I'd definately like to hear from other posters.

I'm really wondering what happened to Joe. He missed the entirety of yesterday.

With Ace's midnight appearance, it's Carlito bringing up the rear with inactivity. Here's his last two of three total posts:

It's true, Cousin Vinny. I've only had one post so far. Game started Friday, birthday on Saturday, Mother's Day yesterday. My activity will increase. I just finished reading the thread for the first time and there is pretty much nothing of substance to go on so the first lynch will likely be a guess. That said, I won't vote yet.

About an hour or so later...

Get some reading comprehension skills.

Not much in the way of substance. The weekend's over, maybe we could hear a little something.

Archived