Latest ESPN Power Rankings: Mets 6th, Yanks 7th

PS17

7 game winning streaks usually move you up the ladder.

Come mid-June, there won't be as much movement on a week-to-week basis. Now, there are still several teams that move up or down 6-10 slots a week. That will dwindle to almost no one.

7 game winning streaks usually move you up the ladder.

Come mid-June, there won't be as much movement on a week-to-week basis. Now, there are still several teams that move up or down 6-10 slots a week. That will dwindle to almost no one.

5 to 15 are almost interchangeable.

I see nothing but downside to the Red Sox. Unless Theo does something miraculous by the trade deadline, my guess is that the Red Sox will be out of the post season. Ortiz looks finished, they have no short stop and starting pitching is far from what's expected. The bull pen is their strength - and how long is that going to last?

I hope Lucchino cries. :)

I see nothing but downside to the Red Sox. Unless Theo does something miraculous by the trade deadline, my guess is that the Red Sox will be out of the post season. Ortiz looks finished, they have no short stop and starting pitching is far from what's expected. The bull pen is their strength - and how long is that going to last?

I hope Lucchino cries. :)

Hater. ;)

I would tend to agree.

-The starting pitchers need to be more consistent.

-Jed Lowrie needs to get back yesterday to solidfy SS D.

-Which means they need another bat to replace Ortiz because they are going nowhere with Tek, Ortiz and Lowrie batting 7th, 8th and 9th. :bag:

Hater. ;)

I would tend to agree.

-The starting pitchers need to be more consistent.

-Jed Lowrie needs to get back yesterday to solidfy SS D.

-Which means they need another bat to replace Ortiz because they are going nowhere with Tek, Ortiz and Lowrie batting 7th, 8th and 9th. :bag:

Your front office is too smart not to make a move.

Sox have plenty of chips as well.

I know, but I hope they let it ride.

They have enough talent to compete. If some of their players played upto their ability or a reasonable facsimile, they can content for the playoffs.

No reason to gut the farm system in the hopes of comepting.

What is out there and available that is worth the young pitchers of value the Sox have?

The starting pitching will get better. Dice-K is coming back and Smoltz isn't too far off. Beckett and Lester need to be better for certain, but I am confident they will. If not the Sox have two studs in AAA just blowing people away.

Archived