Braves acquire McClouth

InstantClassic

Wow, I'm kind of surprised by this, but not really. I thought they would wait another month. Nate the Great. I thought they would deal LaRoche and Sanchez before McLouth too. They must have really liked the deal.

Anybody know anything about the three prospects?

McLouth is a good player. He's been a little bit overrated though since last year, specifically his defense. But he's clutch, has a good bat, and has a knack for making pitchers pay when they throw him a mistake pitch. He was somewhat of a favorite, so fan patience is definitely running pretty thin. They better have a pretty good team in 2-3 years or they might not have many fans left.

The trade makes a lot more sense to me now. No way McLouth stays at CF with Cutch coming up, and he would be average at best at a corner position. And right now, I don't think his value could have gotten much higher. So it comes down to whether they got a good return or not.

Excellent deal for teh Braves. Schaffer was not hitting, So Nate mans CF for a while. If Anderson ever starts hitting for some power, that is a mighty fine OF of Anderson - Nate - Francouer.

Before knocking the Bucs for this deal, remember that under the previous management/ownership, they Farm System was allowed to fall apart. So, in the deals over the past year, where they traded off a decent OF of Bay-Nate- Nady, the restocked the system with decent pitching prospects, and Hernandez is expected to be a solid OF soon.

Archived