Um...

Vudu

What is the point of having a TRADE DEADLINE if you can make trades after said deadline? Seems counterproductive t me. Teams have been wheeling & dealing after the deadline, how is this possible?

What is the point of having a TRADE DEADLINE if you can make trades after said deadline? Seems counterproductive t me. Teams have been wheeling & dealing after the deadline, how is this possible?

Player gets put on waivers, team claims said player. Team that put said player now has two days to trade him to the team that claimed him or they can take the player off waivers or they can let him go to the team that claimed him. In the third scenario the team who gets the player takes on the full contract and pays a fee.

This is nothing new. It happens every year. You're just noticing it more this year (paying more attention ) because the Yankees actually have a chance of making the playoffs.

This is nothing new. It happens every year. You're just noticing it more this year (paying more attention ) because the Yankees actually have a chance of making the playoffs.

You say that like the Yankees miss the playoffs year after year.

It is not a trade deadline like the NFL. It is only a deadline in so much that a waiver is not required meaning any team (with commish approval :rolleyes:) can make any trade.

After the 'trade deadline', a waiver is required. It actually makes sense as the big market teams cannot load up for the playoffs.

Archived