New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays @ Rogers Centre Series Thread

Otter

The Yankees go to Toronto for four this weekend. Mitre starts Sunday, pushing back Burnett so that he can pitch in the doubleheader against the Rays.

New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays @ Rogers Centre

(September 3, 4, 5, 6)

100px-NewYorkYankees_PrimaryLogo.svg.png 100px-Toronto_Blue_Jays_Insignia.svg.png

Thursday

7:07 YES

5627.jpgvs. 30025.jpg

RHP Chad Gaudin (1-0, 3.21) LHP Ricky Romero (11-6, 3.95)

Friday

7:07 YES

28847.jpgvs. 3973.jpg

RHP Joba Chamberlain (8-4, 4.38) RHP Roy Halladay (13-8, 3.13)

Saturday

1:07 YES

3171.jpgvs. 0000.jpg

LHP Andy Pettitte (12-6, 4.03) LHP Brett Cecil (6-3, 5.42)

Sunday

1:07 YES

5596.jpgvs. 5354.jpg

RHP Sergio Mitre (3-1, 5.65) LHP Brian Tallet (5-9, 5.17)

Srsly, why the **** are the Yanks babying Joba Chamberlain? It's ****ing embarassing. Let him pitch goddamit.

He gets another three inning stint tonight. I wonder who is going to pitch after him? They used alot of arms last night. Maybe they should bring up Igawa. :)

Srsly, why the **** are the Yanks babying Joba Chamberlain? It's ****ing embarassing. Let him pitch goddamit.

Really? How many pitchers have blown out their arms and were set back by throwing too many innings too soon. Kerry Wood ring a bell, Cole Hamels from last year is just starting getting his **** together.

Tonight's lineup. Mo is not available tonight.

YANKEES (86-48)

Damon LF

Hinske RF

Teixeira 1B

Rodriguez 3B

Matsui DH

Posada C

Cano 2B

Cabrera CF

Pena SS

Pitching: RHP Joba Chamberlain (8-4, 4.38).

BLUE JAYS (59-74)

Lineup TBA

Pitching: RHP Roy Halladay (13-8, 3.13).

I really don't like this new Joba crap, he should just be in the pen!

Why start him 3 innings, only to tax the bullpen once a week finishing up for him?

It's not like he is even pitching well for the 3 innings!

I'd rather see him in the pen and Ace starting, hell I'd rather see Hughes starting over Mitre too!

I really don't like this new Joba crap, he should just be in the pen!

Why start him 3 innings, only to tax the bullpen once a week finishing up for him?

It's not like he is even pitching well for the 3 innings!

I'd rather see him in the pen and Ace starting, hell I'd rather see Hughes starting over Mitre too!

I don't see how the Yankees expect Joba to start a game in the playoffs and go more than 3 or 4 innings.

Just think, they'll be doing this with Hughes next year!

I don't see how the Yankees expect Joba to start a game in the playoffs and go more than 3 or 4 innings.

Just think, they'll be doing this with Hughes next year!

Do you think if this fails, (makes Joba worse) they would go ahead and do it to Hughes anyway?

Probably, but I hope not!

At this point, I'm not sure if Joba will ever be anywhere near as effective as he was, even if he goes back to the pen.

I know he is young, but I do not see him as a starter, and I never did.

He pitches best once he gets in trouble, makes me think bringing him in to get out of trouble, is where he'll be most effective.

Do you think if this fails, (makes Joba worse) they would go ahead and do it to Hughes anyway?

Probably, but I hope not!

At this point, I'm not sure if Joba will ever be anywhere near as effective as he was, even if he goes back to the pen.

I know he is young, but I do not see him as a starter, and I never did.

He pitches best once he gets in trouble, makes me think bringing him in to get out of trouble, is where he'll be most effective.

If they try this again with Hughes, they should start him at AAA and limit his innings there, then bring him up around June/July.

I'm all for Joba in the bullpen, but the Yankees have decided to make him a starter. Next year he'll be off this inning count bs. It'll be interesting to see how he does when he's not being babied. Hopefully it makes him better.

If they try this again with Hughes, they should start him at AAA and limit his innings there, then bring him up around June/July.

I'm all for Joba in the bullpen, but the Yankees have decided to make him a starter. Next year he'll be off this inning count bs. It'll be interesting to see how he does when he's not being babied. Hopefully it makes him better.

I Agree!

Today's lineup's. ARod out, Hariston at third. Hopefully Mitre doesn't have a perfect game going late in this game. Brett Gardner should be back tomorrow.

YANKEES (87-49)

Jeter SS

Damon LF

Teixeira 1B

Matsui DH

Swisher RF

Cano 2B

Hairston 3B

Cabrera CF

Molina C

Pitching: RHP Sergio Mitre (3-1, 5.65).

BLUE JAYS (60-75)