Jeter ties Gehrig for Yankees career hit record

JetNation

80 hits ahead of Pete Rose's pace. ;)

It was a long time ago and I was saying how far over 3,000 Jeter was going to end up. It is scary to think about but this first ballot hall of famer is going to end up really high on the all time list. Really high.

"Jeters a compiler, he has no MVP's"

Can't wait for that argument to start.

I still have not seen a good argument given to me to show why or how someone being a compiler is a negative or bad thing. I would say that being a compiler is one of the better things you can say about someone. I don't see how " Oh him, yeah he wasn't really that good he only played at an all-star level for 20 years. Which obviously makes him a scrub"

I still have not seen a good argument given to me to show why or how someone being a compiler is a negative or bad thing. I would say that being a compiler is one of the better things you can say about someone. I don't see how " Oh him, yeah he wasn't really that good he only played at an all-star level for 20 years. Which obviously makes him a scrub"

around here it's the "curtis martin arguement" that Dolphin fans use

Don Sutton comes to mind. I think he averaged like 7 or 8 wins over his last ten seasons. It happens more in baseball because of the thresholds. 300 wins for the hall of fame. Well Sutton pitched forever and broke 300, he was a compiler, usually good rarely great.

Curtis was very good. Not a compiler.

Archived