Sign Jeff Garcia Now!!!!!

Bx Jet Fan

When Vinny went down and we had no quality backup our season was over. God forbid something happens to Sanchez late in the season and we have to go with KC during a playoff push/playoffs.

I was in favor of starting KC this year and signing a vet QB but that is neither here nor there. Having KC start the year and live with his growing pains is one thing. Having KC come in late in the year with his limited experience is another animal entirely.

Thoughts?

When Vinny went down and we had no quality backup our season was over. God forbid something happens to Sanchez late in the season and we have to go with KC during a playoff push/playoffs.

I was in favor of starting KC this year and signing a vet QB but that is neither here nor there. Having KC start the year and live with his growing pains is one thing. Having KC come in late in the year with his limited experience is another animal entirely.

Thoughts?

If something happened to Sanchez I would go with Ainge in a heartbeat

If something happened to Sanchez I would go with Ainge in a heartbeat

You probably said the same thing about Ray Lucas.

Maybe we can sign LaMont Jordan to be a backup QB too?

Folks. all I'm saying is that before Vinny went down we had no proven back up and it cost us big time. If something happens to Sanchez I am not comfortable AT ALL with any one of the 3 backups we have coming in to a playoff run/playoffs. Garcia would sign with us in a heartbeat.

You probably said the same thing about Ray Lucas.

Maybe we can sign LaMont Jordan to be a backup QB too?

Folks. all I'm saying is that before Vinny went down we had no proven back up and it cost us big time. If something happens to Sanchez I am not comfortable AT ALL with any one of the 3 backups we have coming in to a playoff run/playoffs. Garcia would sign with us in a heartbeat.

Think a little before you post this nonsense.

Um no I didnt say the same thing about Ray Lucas at all. Ray was an experiment, he was supposed to be a slash type player, Ainge ran a big time college offense in Tennessee . Ainge is a good solid QB and for 2 years in pre-season he showed he can play in this league . He knows the offense hes big has a good arm and stands strong in the pocket.

Think a little before you post this nonsense.

Um no I didnt say the same thing about Ray Lucas at all. Ray was an experiment, he was supposed to be a slash type player, Ainge ran a big time college offense in Tennessee . Ainge is a good solid QB and for 2 years in pre-season he showed he can play in this league . He knows the offense hes big has a good arm and stands strong in the pocket.

Yeah, I was a bit of an ass with the Lucas crack, my apologies.

But the fact remains that Sanchize ran a "big time college offense" at USC. And he pitched a stinker against the Saints. If we make the playoffs and God forbid Sanchez gets hurt, the D's that Ainge or KC would be going up against are going to more than likely to be PITT, BALT, or NE.

Ainge hasn't PROVEN anything yet, he's a good prospect. If I had my choice I would rather sign a guy like Garcia who has faced pressure before rather than subject anyone on our roster now to face a playoff atmosphere. Signing Garcia now and letting him learn the playbook is just like having insurance. I wouldn't want to use it but I sleep better having it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan said he thought about benching Sanchez but felt he gave us the best chance to win. Because the other options are also unproven. Not having a veteran QB on this roster is just stupidity. If we had a guy like Garcia on the roster Rex would have had other options and we don't lose this game.

Archived