Why is everyone so enamored with Phillip Rivers?

GlennFoley

Peyton Manning & Dan Marino can have all the stats they want, without a ring I'm not putting either in the Top 5 of all-time QB's.

Ya know, it's great that they can go 10-6 to 13-3 almost every single season but who really gives a **** when every season you choke in the playoffs??

What does thisa have to do with anything? Rivers has yet to play in the playoffs, so we'll have to at least wait until he does before we label him with the Marino/Manning playoff stigma.

What does thisa have to do with anything? Rivers has yet to play in the playoffs, so we'll have to at least wait until he does before we label him with the Marino/Manning playoff stigma.

People around the league are already saying he reminds them of Danny boy.

Joe Montana

Johnny Unitas

John Elway

Bart Starr

Len Dawson

As a pure passer, Unitas and Sonny Jergusen and John Hadl and Elway were the best that ever played, IMO, in the past 40+ years. Starr was the best leader, along with Montana. Dawson was a great QB, but he's not on the level of these guys.

As a pure passer, Unitas and Sonny Jergusen and John Hadl and Elway were the best that ever played, IMO, in the past 40+ years. Starr was the best leader, along with Montana. Dawson was a great QB, but he's not on the level of these guys.

I was trying to decide between Dawson, Bradshaw and Favre, really I can't pick between the 3.

Not bad. Where are Marino and Peyton? in the second five?

I have trouble keeping Len Dawson up there because I only remember the very end of his career when the Chiefs were mediocre.

Peyton & Dan would be in the Top 10, Peyton maybe 11 or 12 but Dan would be up there but I still think he's a homo.;)

• 4 weeks later...
uh ok,, so will peyton manning

If peyton manning doesn't win the superbowl this year I will agree with this statement

but I really think he's got a shot this year, the Patsies have ticked, the steelers are tocked and the broncos are struggling against the Raiders right now

he will be a pro bowler,,trust me,,,,, smartest QB in college i have seen other than staubach and montana,,,...

and i am a carolina fan, so no love lost for a wolfie,,,kid sthe real deal,,chow still says, no disrespect to linehardst, but rivers is the best qb he has ever worked with,,check out the brigham young QBs chow tutored,,they read like a who who of great QBs...

this was tick tick tick part1 for football,, 2005 edition

Archived