Winston Hill and his halftime speech.

Jbro22

For those of you at the game, and paying attention to his speech. Did I hear correctly when he said something along the lines of he's glad that New York Jets football was back?

What the hell was that about? We've had a couple down years sprinkled in here and there, but that line struck a chord with me. He made is sound like we were winless for a couple of years.

Anyways the rest of it was nice, and way over due.

My wife looked at me and said, "when did it (NY football) leave?" I think Winston took a few too many hits in his career.

Alright, so I wasn't imagining things.

I was starting to think, yeah maybe it cause I am you 22. Always was a fan, really got into the team when Parcells came. Call me a bandwagon fan if you must but I was 10.

His speech didn't fit was all I was saying. It was cool to see him honored and some of the other guys there for him.

They also said he'd be inducted into the Jets Ring of Honor at the new stadium. I haven't heard anything about that until now, so that should be pretty cool.

Yeah, a ring of honor which is just going to be a huge tarp around the field. Awesome. :rolleyes:

Yeah, a ring of honor which is just going to be a huge tarp around the field. Awesome. :rolleyes:

Is that what is? For sure?

In my head along with hearing about all the backlit stuff they're supposed to have I imagined the Giants would have the same, and it be blue with their guys and change to green with ours for our games. All around one of the mezzanines kinda like the Redskins.

That would be sweet, but yours sounds a little more like the Jet way.

They also said he'd be inducted into the Jets Ring of Honor at the new stadium. I haven't heard anything about that until now, so that should be pretty cool.

that was the first i heard of it also... but im not sure if if they said ring or something else... probably going to have something that is only accessible by fans in the $20,000 PSL seats.

Is that what is? For sure?

In my head along with hearing about all the backlit stuff they're supposed to have I imagined the Giants would have the same, and it be blue with their guys and change to green with ours for our games. All around one of the mezzanines kinda like the Redskins.

That would be sweet, but yours sounds a little more like the Jet way.

All around the Mezz I believe is just going to be one slim scoreboard, like the stadium has now, just all the way around instead of having four different little sections.

Knowing the Jets it will be like the plastic on the walls we have now, just with more players on it. Greats like Doug Brien, Ben Hartstock and Blair Thomas.

Archived