Bills decline to offer WR Owens new contract

JetNation

If Owens is ever going to be effective again, he has to come to the team humbled. He has to realize this new team, whoever it is, is the only team willing to give him a chance. If he comes in like a superstar with several teams bidding on him, his ego will tear the locker room apart.

As for the Jets-no thanks.

3 years ago that would have been nasty! Before Edwards learned to drop the ball, Cotch was healthy and TO didn't have gray hair and a wheelchair.

Edwards will be fine and T.O still has gas left in the tank. Id much rather T.O than a Clowney,Wright or Stuckey wannabe WR.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still an Edwards fan too. But I would rather see them bring in youth and quickness at the slot position than sign a douche like TO.

Did T.O cause any problems in Buffalo? I dont remember reading or hearing about any? Look bottom line he knows hes nearing his end. I say sign him and lets see if we can revitalize the T.O of old. In any case an incentive laden contract based on performance. Hes a great WR like him or not.

Did T.O cause any problems in Buffalo? I dont remember reading or hearing about any? Look bottom line he knows hes nearing his end. I say sign him and lets see if we can revitalize the T.O of old. In any case an incentive laden contract based on performance. Hes a great WR like him or not.

...or was a great WR. He's 36 years old.

Edwards will be fine and T.O still has gas left in the tank. Id much rather T.O than a Clowney,Wright or Stuckey wannabe WR.

WR is a position the Jets should be drafting, and drafting high, this year. They don't need an old man, and T.O. would be miserable as the third or fourth receiving option in the Jets ground & pound. A miserable T.O. is a lousy teammate.

Stuckey's a good WR, btw, don't lump him in with those other guys. Wright serves his purpose as a special teamer, but Clowney's definitely gotta be gone.

Ideally, the Jets find a quality WR prospect who can get on the field as a rookie and maybe also provide some special teams help.

WR is a position the Jets should be drafting, and drafting high, this year. They don't need an old man, and T.O. would be miserable as the third or fourth receiving option in the Jets ground & pound. A miserable T.O. is a lousy teammate.

Stuckey's a good WR, btw, don't lump him in with those other guys. Wright serves his purpose as a special teamer, but Clowney's definitely gotta be gone.

Ideally, the Jets find a quality WR prospect who can get on the field as a rookie and maybe also provide some special teams help.

Last time I checked Chansi Stuckey was on the Cleveland Browns-------:rolleyes:

Last time I checked Chansi Stuckey was on the Cleveland Browns-------:rolleyes:

Really???? :confused0058:

Hey, thanks! I never, ever would've known that if you hadn't pointed that out to me! :rolleyes:

Or maybe I was just commenting on your quote here, where you lump Stuckey in with a couple pieces of crap. All things being equal, I'd much rather have Chansi over T.O. at this point in their respective careers. I was disappointed when he turned out to be part of the Braylon trade. We'd be in very nice shape right now with him in the slot.

So you don't want an old man at WR but you want one at RB???

So you don't want an old man at WR but you want one at RB???

Two entirely different situations.

Jets have a young QB, and WR's take time to develop. This is a good draft for WR's, and the Jets would be wise to invest a high pick in one now. Have him and QB grow up together. Pick up a guy not only for the slot, but who can be a potential starter. Cotchery can always move outside-in, and there's always a chance that Braylon could walk in 2011. Need to have a quality prospect in here learning.

At RB, we have a second year, small handed, somewhat injury prone RB who's being handed the starting job based on a strong finish last season. We have no idea how he's going to look carrying the bulk of the load over a full year. His primary backup is coming off a devastating broken leg, and no one's ready to say that he'll even be ready for training camp. You have, in house, an older back who rushed for 1400 yards for you last year - holding onto him at a reduced rate for a reduced load for another year would seem to be a good business move.

Next year, when the dust has settled on Greene and Leon, the Jets can draft the RB that fits their needs best. They don't know what those needs are right now - outside of a safe and solid insurance policy.

Leon Leon Leon how the hell can anyone insert him into the equation at RB when you dont even know if he will ever play the game again at the level he played prior to the injury? This guy suffered a serious injury.

Negotiate in good faith with TJ and pay him what he deserves and what hes earned.

Two entirely different situations.

Jets have a young QB, and WR's take time to develop. This is a good draft for WR's, and the Jets would be wise to invest a high pick in one now. Have him and QB grow up together. Pick up a guy not only for the slot, but who can be a potential starter. Cotchery can always move outside-in, and there's always a chance that Braylon could walk in 2011. Need to have a quality prospect in here learning.

At RB, we have a second year, small handed, somewhat injury prone RB who's being handed the starting job based on a strong finish last season. We have no idea how he's going to look carrying the bulk of the load over a full year. His primary backup is coming off a devastating broken leg, and no one's ready to say that he'll even be ready for training camp. You have, in house, an older back who rushed for 1400 yards for you last year - holding onto him at a reduced rate for a reduced load for another year would seem to be a good business move.

Next year, when the dust has settled on Greene and Leon, the Jets can draft the RB that fits their needs best. They don't know what those needs are right now - outside of a safe and solid insurance policy.

Very well said and fair. However I don't know what the difference is in this year vs next at RB. Besides the fact that you yourself are not sold on Greene and Washington's health. Which, again, I can understand. I just don't think Jones is a viable option at 32 years old. Jets need a RB to fit in with Greene and Leon now. Jones at 32 and Jones at 33 are the same thing imo. So why wait? As far as filling more pressing holes... the Jets will have new holes to fill in 2011.

Now I can understand that you don't like this years crop of RBs via draft. There are always RB's to be had. I can make a list but I think you get what I'm saying.

There are always vets who will be cut and can be picked up at a league minimum.

Maybe were just going around in circles at this point? You like Jones as a one year back up and I don't. We should just agree to disagree I guess. But I do understand where you're coming from and you do make some very valid pointsl.

Maybe were just going around in circles at this point? You like Jones as a one year back up and I don't. We should just agree to disagree I guess. But I do understand where you're coming from and you do make some very valid pointsl.

I'm down with that! :cheers:

I have a lot of reasons I want the team to hold off on drafting a RB now:

1.) so few picks

2.) poor draft crop

3.) Shonn and Leon both ???'s

RB is the easiest position for a rookie to come in and play, so as soon as they know what they need, they can take one and that player will be good to go.

If not TJ this year (and I fully understand the argumant against him, too), I'd hope they'd go for some other "old reliable" like Thomlinson, or Buckhalter, or something. For what would essentially be a third stringer, I just want a solid insurance policy.

Not really, he kept himself pretty much in check. When asked questions about the playcalling and why he wasnt getting the ball very often he would just say "im just running the plays they call". He used that one a lot......Pretty much indicated he wasnt happy but didnt cause a stink about it by speaking out.

Archived