Kirwan's latest mock: Dez Bryant to the Jets at #29

Greenseed4

We have to remember that one of the biggest reasons Sanchez went from good to bad to excellent last season was because we started out the season with a pretty simplified offense, got more complex, then finally simplified things again.

My guess is the training wheels will be off for good for Sanchez, so the best way to ensure he's successful would be to give him another weapon. Hell, Matt Ryan had Tony Gonzalez ADDED to the team last season, and still went through a big sophomore slump.

If we don't get a receiver at 29, I hope we get one in round 2 or acquire a 3rd rounder and snag one there.

We have to remember that one of the biggest reasons Sanchez went from good to bad to excellent last season was because we started out the season with a pretty simplified offense, got more complex, then finally simplified things again.

My guess is the training wheels will be off for good for Sanchez, so the best way to ensure he's successful would be to give him another weapon. Hell, Matt Ryan had Tony Gonzalez ADDED to the team last season, and still went through a big sophomore slump.

If we don't get a receiver at 29, I hope we get one in round 2 or acquire a 3rd rounder and snag one there.

What's wrong with one in round 4 or later?

Some names that could go 4 or later:

Riley Cooper

Jacoby Ford

Danario Alexander

Blair White

Dezmon Brisco

Jordan Shipley

Carlton Mitchell

Shay Hodge

And so on...unless it's Bryant, I'm not really into the top of the WR class. Tate in 2 or Gilyard in 2 wouldn't piss me off, maybe. Brandon Lafell is underrated though, and I bet he's the 2nd WR picked.

He'll mature a hell of a lot better with some weapons. You say yourself that Edwards is the only receiver on the team that can create seperation. Wouldn't it be nice to have another?

It'd be nice to have one that can catch, that's for sure.

This kid has top-ten talent. I'm surprised that Crabtree fell as far as he did, and Bryant has just as much (if not more) talent than Crab does. But if he falls... huge "if"... He has the talent to play WR in the NFL at a very high level.

seperation? yes.

hands? yes.

prima donna attitude? yes.

jukes? yes.

leaps? yes.

He would make Edwards the best #2 WR in the league, and Cotchery the best #3.

6sXYiZjT038

Archived