More Leon; Rex speaks- NY Daily News-3/22/10

Kentucky Jet

I cannot wait for the Rhodes stuff to be done with...

You are going to have to fast forward 5 years. I am still waiting for the Pennington stuff to be done with. Hell people are just getting over the Curtis Martin stuff...

You are going to have to fast forward 5 years. I am still waiting for the Pennington stuff to be done with. Hell people are just getting over the Curtis Martin stuff...

As long as Brodney Pool/E. Smith/J. Ihebajo aren't a complete disaster, it will end soon. Pennington and Martin, were both team leaders who helped the team win, even if it never got to the level we wanted. Kerry Rhodes on the other hand was not. He was clearly a me-first guy, which is proven by Ryan's comments. Honestly, if you're still a Kerry Rhodes guy, then you've got to have a big problem with Rex right now.

After last season, I don't see how you could possibly have a big problem with Rex.

• He spoke candidly about former Jets S Kerry Rhodes, saying he was disappointed Rhodes wasn’t more of a playmaker. He also claimed Rhodes didn’t study and prepare as well as he should have.

I love this part. All season long, we had to hear 'Kerry Rhodes, playmaker' out of the mouth of Rhodes himself. It's nice to see the coach knocking that self-obsessed retard back to reality. Even nicer to hear him do it on the air with the Rhodes fanboy Michael Kay.

From the owners meeting, Bob Glauber tweeted this:

Rex wants Leon Washington to return to his role as third-down back/returner ... not sure that will be good with Leon, who wants starter $$.

I tend to agree. I'm not sure what Leon's role is supposed to be with LT on the team.

Here's his article on the situation. Rex has big plans for LT in the offense, not so much for Leon.

Questions persist about Leon Washington's future with the Jets

10:24 AM By Bob Glauber

Orlando - Jets coach Rex Ryan expressed hope that Leon Washington will be fully recovered from a fractured leg he suffered last October. But it's not just Washington's physical condition that has the coach somewhat concerned about the fifth-year running back's future. It's his contract situation.

Washington is a restricted free agent who hasn't signed his contract tender and is not present for the team's voluntary workouts. Ryan expressed some questions about Washington's situation at a coach's breakfast here at the NFL owners meetings. rehabbing from a severe leg injury last season, hasn't signed his contract tender and isn't working out at the team's facility.

Not only that, but Ryan said he envisioned Washington's role as somewhat more limited than the player might want, something that could have an impact on contract negotiations.

"We had an idea that he wasn

Leon is a good player...but I'm starting to want to see him leave. At this point a 2nd rounder is sounding pretty good.

As for Rhodes, I'm glad they got rid of a guy that showed no interest in learning the system. It sent a message to the team and that's well worth the slight drop-off in talent that losing him would mean.

Leon is a good player...but I'm starting to want to see him leave. At this point a 2nd rounder is sounding pretty good.

As for Rhodes, I'm glad they got rid of a guy that showed no interest in learning the system. It sent a message to the team and that's well worth the slight drop-off in talent that losing him would mean.

I agree on both counts! LOL

Archived