Sanchez 100% for Training Camp? 'Absolutely'

JetNation

Mark Sanchez says he's well aware of how nervous Jets fans of a certain age get when the talk turns to their starting quarterback and the state of his knees."I've heard quite a bit about Joe Namath already," Sanchez said with a laugh today in between bites of a ribeye lunch in the players' dining hall at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center. "It's all right. It was pretty m...

More...

Great news. Everyone's personality is the exact same on this team. I love it! This is all on Rex. He changed everything.

Agreed, but Sanchez was also a brilliant pick. He handled the NY pressure really well, this city eats you alive. For a young man his age, I'm amazed at how well he has handled everything.

I've never really been in a situation where any mistake I make gets a ton of media scrutiny and attention, but I can look back and realize that I've made a ton of mistakes in the past that if I was under a magnifying lens they'd be huge and catastrophic. I don't think you mature enough to really handle things until your late 20s, and since most athletes are in the public arena at a much younger age, they make a lot of mistakes we all make but they get torn down for it.

Sanchez to me shows the poise and maturity of a guy much older than his current age. On a team with a dip**** like Kerri Rhodes, that's even more amazing.

This is all on Rex.

In this case it's all on Woody. The majority of players throughout the league would kill to have medical facilities like the Atlantic Center and the staff that we have. Really. There are times when it really pays to have the owner of your team doubling as the name on the world's most reputable medical supply company, and when your head coach needs a fat person operation or your quarterback has knee problems, they fit right into that category.

Archived