Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

Sharrow is probably my #2 FOS right now, bumping Vic down to #3. I am really intrigued by how he tried to jump on Pac's attempt to bully my hammer vote last night. Maybe I am only seeing his actions from my own perspective, but it seemed very opportunistic.

Maybe Pac isn't scum, but its not far-fetched that scum wouldn't see the scenario I brought up and try to capitalize on it.

This is what you said. And like I said, I wasn't even here during that confrontation.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah yes the great "scientist" CTM. Tell me though -- why the 1 game out of every 10 you're actually innocent are you called the blind marksman? Why can't you get it right despite the wealth of data you accumulate?

That's not what i said dip****, i said we play differently. i didn't suggest one way was better then the other..

You know i think you are a good player..

This is what you said. And like I said, I wasn't even here during that confrontation.

Here is the exchange I am talking about:

You showed back up at post #656...

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1554887&postcount=656

Proceeded to make #657, 658, 660, 661... and then bam, Pac shows up with #662 and changes his vote to me:

ok so if our objective is to see where we vote amongst the top 3 or 4 then I'll.

unvote

Vote I28

Doesn't look like enough people are buying JVOR which is fine considering I don't buy Vic yet and don't feel strongly enough about AVM to put a vote there yet.

So I guess technically, he followed your lead... but you were in step with each which is more to the point I am making.

Later on in the span of those couple of pages you make this lovely statement regarding the top 3 lists we all had to submit:

Listing Pac wasn't serious.

You then withered away and let Pac do what Pac does... so you could remain in the background.

Then later on in day two, there was this weird exchange, the second time you guys have tried to make it look like you were being dooshes to each other...

See you in 10 hours.

ok!

Then here you guys are again...

I felt like Vic's 7 votes, most of which had him jumping on the most recent claim was and is scummy. He is my #2 FOS.

However lets assume Pac is scum. He bullies me to hammer AVM last night, and I kill a townie. Then his case against me is set up for an immediate day 2 lynch. We saw something VERY similar in the game you just mod'ed on day one and two with Kleck and Irish getting lynched.

If Pac isn't scum... he might as well be, because he is barking up the wrong tree in the worst of ways.

So the answer: Pac, because even if he isn't scum... he is doing their job.

For the record you are playing an abysmal game. If it soothes you to blame me for it than have at it.

Off to the gym.

I agree. The post he made after SMC's initial night post was really scummy, if he's town he's playing a terrible game. I'm going to vote:Integrity again until something better sticks out.

And then there is this, one of my favorite parts of the Sharrow/Pac game. Right after the assimilation happened, Pac immediately changed his vote from me to Crusher... and followed up by pointing out that YOU still had a vote on me:

I'll unvote

vote Crusher

Now that we have hard evidence there's been an assimilation I think they may have targeted him. My question would be did they know that the transformation wouldn't happen until some point today and did they request it after the benefit of seeing our earlier posts? That would obvioiusly impact who they would have chosen.

I'm picking Crush because of his crazy case and posts yesterday AND more importantly because I think he would have been a target for a conversion. Just about everyone has said they're giving him a free ride so what better person to pick for a new scum partner?

I still think I2 is shady and have no problem voting there if it comes to it... I also have a huge FOS on JiFag for his preposterous "prove a point" post and new attitude today where he's coming out swinging...

You missed Sharrows vote again... he voted I2

That brings us to tonight... around midnight or post #965...

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1555740&postcount=965

Where you and Pac are once again crusading side-by-side, while he no longer has his vote on me... he hasn't stopped to take a breath helping maintain the case you are pushing against me.

I'm inclined to think this is more than coincidence.

Here is the exchange I am talking about:

You showed back up at post #656...

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1554887&postcount=656

Proceeded to make #657, 658, 660, 661... and then bam, Pac shows up with #662 and changes his vote to me:

So I guess technically, he followed your lead... but you were in step with each which is more to the point I am making.

Yeah, then BAM, Pac shows up immediately like 40 minutes after I did to change his vote. :rolleyes:

Later on in the span of those couple of pages you make this lovely statement regarding the top 3 lists we all had to submit:

You then withered away and let Pac do what Pac does... so you could remain in the background.

I thought I made it clear why I added Pac. I thought the objective was to whittle it down to 3 choices. My 3 would have resulted in a tie for the 3rd choice, so I decided to break that tie by throwing Pac's name in there. I chose him because he was being a douche the other day trying to make it seem like I was hiding when that morning I had said I was going to be away at the concert. I think it was Slats that misunderstood and that's why I made that comment.

Then later on in day two, there was this weird exchange, the second time you guys have tried to make it look like you were being dooshes to each other...

Then here you guys are again...

And then there is this, one of my favorite parts of the Sharrow/Pac game. Right after the assimilation happened, Pac immediately changed his vote from me to Crusher... and followed up by pointing out that YOU still had a vote on me:

I don't really know why he changed his vote. It was definitely strange, imo too. He certainly could have been converted. But "we" weren't "making it look like we were being douches to each other". There was no "we". He was being a douche to me, which isn't surprising. He did the same thing the night before when I went to the concert.

That brings us to tonight... around midnight or post #965...

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1555740&postcount=965

Where you and Pac are once again crusading side-by-side, while he no longer has his vote on me... he hasn't stopped to take a breath helping maintain the case you are pushing against me.

I'm inclined to think this is more than coincidence.

Oh please. Maybe it seems like we're "crusading side-by-side" because you're grouping us together and making us defend against the same attack. As far as I'm concerned, I think you're scum and he says he thinks you're scum and that's that. I make my own decisions and if a good case is made against him, I won't mind voting for him in the least.

I thought I made it clear why I added Pac. I thought the objective was to whittle it down to 3 choices. My 3 would have resulted in a tie for the 3rd choice, so I decided to break that tie by throwing Pac's name in there. I chose him because he was being a douche the other day trying to make it seem like I was hiding when that morning I had said I was going to be away at the concert. I think it was Slats that misunderstood and that's why I made that comment.

I didn't misunderstand. I liked JiF for scum the most on day one, and was a little unhappy that you're non-vote of him with your joke vote on Pac took him off the leader board.

Shady really? Shady is trying to insinuate that I show up after you post, but you just don;t look at my post and ask where I am. I just thought you where worried Boopsie was woo woo wooing Danx and your looking for a new soul mate.

Funny you should mention your sweet Boopsie, too. In the last conversion game, his first recruit was you. If one of you turn out to be scum, I'd fully expect the other to be. You guys would team up just for the PM'img pleasure.

I've still got that FOS for JiF, but he hasn't posted since yesterday afternoon so it's tough to get a real read on him. That's one of the problems of having the game active on the weekend is that not everyone stays involved.

Don't worry about me... I know exactly what I'm doing. How quickly you seem to have forgotten that all you had to do was listen to me last game and we would have won in a rout. Keep up this crusade you got going though... if you're innocent (which is unlikely) you apparently need to be proven wrong a few more times before you realize zeroing in on 1 guy is not the way to play this game.... actually I don't think you've been right yet.

This is my take on I-28's play as well, although I'm getting more suspicious.

Are we seeing a trend of Sharrow posting shortly after, or in sync with, Pac? Like they do a little IM'ing... then put their scummy plans into action.

Gotta go back and look at the relationship between when these two grace us with their presence the past day or so...

I also think its ironic that you and Sharrow are in the process of validating my suspicion of your possible allegiance.

I understand the FOS on Sharrow. The guy plays every game in the shadows, and he's always tough to figure out. Hell, I'm almost willing to vote for him simply because he has a baseball player in his avatar and he watches NASCAR.

But I'm starting to think that you're trying too hard to make a case on Pac that isn't there. Either you're that myopic, or your scum. And either way, I'm interested enough for now to...

vote: Integrity28

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 2

Integrity (2) -- Sharrow, slats

CTM (1) -- Pac

Sharrow (2) -- JVoR, Crusher

Pac (2) -- CTM, Integrity

With 11 Research Team Members, it takes 6 to torch.

I think its ironic that you spent more than half your posts in this game trying to build a case against me... and you suddenly switch your vote to Crusher after the assimilation on a whim.

I also think its ironic that you and Sharrow are in the process of validating my suspicion of your possible allegiance.

I'm trying to not do what you're doing to me. By all accounts there are now 3 scum amongst us and I don't want to get caught in the trap of solely focusing on you. When we started the day and you weren't the topic of as much conversation as I hoped, I figured it was time to move around and shake some more trees.

At this point in the game you, Crusher, JiFruit, and now CTM are all vote worthy. With that being the case why not engage those other people? Very similar to the same thing you're doing with Sharrow.

Don't worry... something tells me my vote will be back on you at some point.

This is my take on I-28's play as well, although I'm getting more suspicious.

I understand the FOS on Sharrow. The guy plays every game in the shadows, and he's always tough to figure out. Hell, I'm almost willing to vote for him simply because he has a baseball player in his avatar and he watches NASCAR.

But I'm starting to think that you're trying too hard to make a case on Pac that isn't there. Either you're that myopic, or your scum. And either way, I'm interested enough for now to...

vote: Integrity28

Moving my FOS from Crusher, to Pac, to Vicious, to Jif, to BG, to Pac, to Sharrow... makes me myopic?

I am simply making an observation about the relationship between Pac and Sharrow's play throughout the game... for now its an observation, I was hoping Sharrow would shed more light on it than "Oh please." :rolleyes:

I'm interested to know why my case against Pac is just so easy to dismiss? It seems pretty straight forward to me... he has spent the better part of the game gunning for me, and here we are on day 2 he has a perfect opportunity to live up to his legacy of lynching townies... and he just suddenly changes directions after the assimilation? I abandoned the case about him bullying my hammer vote for the lynch on AVM, however Pac gave me a whole new reason to pay attention to him after the assimilation occurred.

My vote is staying with Pac for a good reason... now, I'd like to know your good reason for saying there is no case there.

That's not what i said dip****, i said we play differently. i didn't suggest one way was better then the other..

You know i think you are a good player..

Would a good player show his hand so quickly after a conversion with the drastic style change you mentioned?

Think back to BG's Jets game when I was scum... I wasn't laying low the first few days until you called me out on it. I think you are also a good player who seemed pretty convinced you caught I28 with his hand in the cookie jar... for you to abandon that case and go into cruise control doesn't jive.

I'm trying to not do what you're doing to me. By all accounts there are now 3 scum amongst us and I don't want to get caught in the trap of solely focusing on you. When we started the day and you weren't the topic of as much conversation as I hoped, I figured it was time to move around and shake some more trees.

At this point in the game you, Crusher, JiFruit, and now CTM are all vote worthy. With that being the case why not engage those other people? Very similar to the same thing you're doing with Sharrow.

Don't worry... something tells me my vote will be back on you at some point.

When I commit to a case I have built... I am myopic.

When I move my FOS around to shake trees as you put it... I am bandwagoning.

I guess I don't understand where the happy medium is between the two. I kind of wish I had been challenged more in the first game, this is like baptism by fire. :confused:

Anyway, no excuses... just venting. My plan coming in should have been to post less and read more. lol

When I commit to a case I have built... I am myopic.

When I move my FOS around to shake trees as you put it... I am bandwagoning.

I guess I don't understand where the happy medium is between the two. I kind of wish I had been challenged more in the first game, this is like baptism by fire. :confused:

Anyway, no excuses... just venting. My plan coming in should have been to post less and read more. lol

I'm no expert dude.. I just play one in these games.

I'll unvote

vote Crusher

Now that we have hard evidence there's been an assimilation I think they may have targeted him. My question would be did they know that the transformation wouldn't happen until some point today and did they request it after the benefit of seeing our earlier posts? That would obvioiusly impact who they would have chosen.

I'm picking Crush because of his crazy case and posts yesterday AND more importantly because I think he would have been a target for a conversion. Just about everyone has said they're giving him a free ride so what better person to pick for a new scum partner?

I still think I2 is shady and have no problem voting there if it comes to it... I also have a huge FOS on JiFag for his preposterous "prove a point" post and new attitude today where he's coming out swinging...

New attitude? Maybe. Coming out swinging? This makes no sense. I havent even voted anyone Can you pleaes explain what you mean by coming out swinging...doesnt really equate considering I havent even put a case against anyone...til now...

Vote Pac

Really dont like the immediate change of heart after the known assimilation and really dont like his choice considering I doubt it would be hard to torch Muffin Top after his day 1 actions. FOS on CTM for the same move though I like the reasoning behind his choice.

JiF is still my favorite, and I would be pleased if the town decided to go in that direction. :)

This weak crusade with no followers is reminding me of Will Farrell in Old School. We're going streaking!!!...but nobody is joining you.

This weak crusade with no followers is reminding me of Will Farrell in Old School. We're going streaking!!!...but nobody is joining you.

Bring your green hat!

Seriously... this coming from the same guy accusing me of being myopic and pushing a case against Pac that isn't there... oh teh irony.

Would a good player show his hand so quickly after a conversion with the drastic style change you mentioned?

Unlikely, but I already made note of that:

In terms of pac, when have you ever seen that mangy stubborn mutt let go of anything when he thought he smelled blood? End of day 2 he was all about i28, post avm lynch he was all about i28, openning of day 2 he was all about AVM, assimilation occurs, and now he's over i28? Honestly the only thing that gives me pause is that it's too easy, but i'm not wifom'ing myself out of asking questions..

Think back to BG's Jets game when I was scum... I wasn't laying low the first few days until you called me out on it. I think you are also a good player who seemed pretty convinced you caught I28 with his hand in the cookie jar... for you to abandon that case and go into cruise control doesn't jive.

I did, and then I read some more, found a post or two of interest and reconsidered..

Again, i don't have a problem with pressuring him, I just think there's clues telling you where it's going to end up

New attitude? Maybe. Coming out swinging? This makes no sense. I havent even voted anyone Can you pleaes explain what you mean by coming out swinging...doesnt really equate considering I havent even put a case against anyone...til now...

For a week your posts were full of impulsive gobbledygook and a HIGHLY questionable decision to vote for someone who in your own words was "probably a roleless townie". Yesterday you switched it up and tried to be cerebral with posts designed to break down the game. Yes my friend... that's a new attitude and you're doing a lot more swinging than you've done all week.

Vote Pac

Of course you'd vote me.. I pointed out the absurdity of your Vic vote and am still talking about it today.

My feeling is it's going to be hard to tell who's working together. Like you & JVoR or Bleedin & Sharrow. Haha, or maybe you and Crusher because you're the ones who keep saying Slats is my partner.

I'm having a lot of trouble reading you. I think voting for Vicious when you felt positive he was a roleless townie makes no sense. Even if he did flip innocent, I don't know how that proves I28 is scum. If you were scum, it would then be an easy setup for you to get two townies lynched. But then again, you're unpredictable in every game, so I don't know what's Jiffy and what's scummy.

What do you see as suspect about my voting?

Its pretty simple logic. I28 was dead set he made the greatest case ever on Vic, I thought it was terrible, Vic was playing like a bored townie, I28 was pushing it way too hard on day 1, the chances of getting a Thing on day 1 is a reach, so i figured lets prove to I28 to never be so sure of something on day 1 and it wouldnt hurt us too bad considering Vic was claiming roleless.

And your vote were all over the place on day...that was suspect.

I have to say, it crossed my mind that I might be targeted for exactly that reason, but I also thought that I might be too obvious a choice for exactly that reason. Maybe they picked up on the fact that I'd be a crappy teammate because I'm so sick of being scum - because they haven't converted me, yet.

But again, there's such a wide range of reasons for them to assimilate a player that it's counter-productive to try and guess, IMHO. They could convert an obvious townie, someone they thought was onto them, someone completely out of the blue. When JiF had the cult role, his first convert was his BFF Crusher. Would they be that obvious?

This is getting old. We get it dude, you are a happy as a pig in **** that you arent scum. Sweet. Eventually this mantra has to make others suspicious. Its just over the top at this point.

If you remember correctly, that was an alt game and it was sheer coincidence that I recruited my muffin top on the first night. I honestly had no clue it was him either based on him play. CTM on the other hand, I knew it was him the whole time and I targeted him early and stuck with it after the recruit to distance myself.

I just think there's clues telling you where it's going to end up

I saw that.... the question becomes is that something that was orchestrated. Especially considering he was facing 1 vote and the danger of it had been discussed.

To expand a bit, just cause i can't see the gambit, doesn't mean there isn't one. Crusher and you could both be things looking to clear one another, (and certainly, his reaction to you vote with a defense of you is curious) Integrity could be the cult leader type and your move could be in protection of him. You could have 3 other votes in you back pocket already and be arrogant enough to believe you could get away with it. There's plenty of other scenarios.. I'm waiting for one from you that involves you being innocent and doing what you did..

To expand a bit, just cause i can't see the gambit, doesn't mean there isn't one. Crusher and you could both be things looking to clear one another, (and certainly, his reaction to you vote with a defense of you is curious) Integrity could be the cult leader type and your move could be in protection of him. You could have 3 other votes in you back pocket already and be arrogant enough to believe you could get away with it. There's plenty of other scenarios.. I'm waiting for one from you that involves you being innocent and doing what you did..

You need look no further then the last page where I laid it out in response to I2.

Seriously... this coming from the same guy accusing me of being myopic and pushing a case against Pac that isn't there... oh teh irony.

Huh?

For a week your posts were full of impulsive gobbledygook and a HIGHLY questionable decision to vote for someone who in your own words was "probably a roleless townie". Yesterday you switched it up and tried to be cerebral with posts designed to break down the game. Yes my friend... that's a new attitude and you're doing a lot more swinging than you've done all week.

Of course you'd vote me.. I pointed out the absurdity of your Vic vote and am still talking about it today.

Dont really see how changing an attitude to be less abrasive is coming out swinging. Coming out swinging to me would be immediately going after someone...which I have not done.

And you pointing out the absurdity of my vote on Vic has nothing to do with my vote on you. Plenty of people have talked and are talking about it. You act like you are the only one playing this game sometimes.

I am simply making an observation about the relationship between Pac and Sharrow's play throughout the game... for now its an observation, I was hoping Sharrow would shed more light on it than "Oh please." :rolleyes:

This is funny because -not that I'm making this case- I could easily point to the relationship between you and Pac. Nothining's been going on in this game all day, and then all of a sudden the two of you show up and start in with each other. Like you're purposely distancing yourselves... ? Hmmm...

Again, for the slow, I'm not making that case. Just showing how easy it to do so.

I'm interested to know why my case against Pac is just so easy to dismiss? It seems pretty straight forward to me... he has spent the better part of the game gunning for me, and here we are on day 2 he has a perfect opportunity to live up to his legacy of lynching townies... and he just suddenly changes directions after the assimilation? I abandoned the case about him bullying my hammer vote for the lynch on AVM, however Pac gave me a whole new reason to pay attention to him after the assimilation occurred.

My vote is staying with Pac for a good reason... now, I'd like to know your good reason for saying there is no case there.

Are you abandoning your original case? Or just changing the focus? You thought he was scum before there was a conversion, and now you think he might've been the conversion? That's what I mean about you being myopic. You've got Pac on the brain now. I get JiF's sarcastic vote on Vic to appease you, and I'm almost tempted to vote Pac in the same vein just to run one of your cases to conclusion.

Problem is, right now, I see your case(s) against him looking a little scummier to me than he does right now.

Where is tubby fluffy butt? Seems like every time that gelatinous tub of goo is scum he pulls these disappearing acts.

And to come back and use the "i got lucky" excuse reeks. I'd have laid hard coin he hasn't seen his pecker in years let alone use if for anything useful..

and I'm almost tempted to vote Pac in the same vein just to run one of your cases to conclusion.

If you're still human that would be a bad move brah... Another townie dead and another conversion brings it to 7-4 and who knows if there's a Vig who holstered last night but could shoot incorrectly any night now. It could take the town one step closer to a game breaking decision.

If you're still human that would be a bad move brah... Another townie dead and another conversion brings it to 7-4 and who knows if there's a Vig who holstered last night but could shoot incorrectly any night now. It could take the town one step closer to a game breaking decision.

I have to imagine they don't have a 100% success rate.. maybe some players have limited or full immunities..

I have to imagine they don't have a 100% success rate.. maybe some players have limited or full immunities..

Perhaps but I think until we know more it's not a bad idea to think in terms of the worst case scenario.

I've still not discounted the possibility of a healer but I don't see the point in getting into a lengthy discussion on that topic.

Perhaps but I think until we know more it's not a bad idea to think in terms of the worst case scenario.

I've still not discounted the possibility of a healer but I don't see the point in getting into a lengthy discussion on that topic.

I think if we mislynch today we should talk about it, cause we could be at end game in the worst case scenario..

This is funny because -not that I'm making this case- I could easily point to the relationship between you and Pac. Nothining's been going on in this game all day, and then all of a sudden the two of you show up and start in with each other. Like you're purposely distancing yourselves... ? Hmmm...

Again, for the slow, I'm not making that case. Just showing how easy it to do so.

Are you abandoning your original case? Or just changing the focus? You thought he was scum before there was a conversion, and now you think he might've been the conversion? That's what I mean about you being myopic. You've got Pac on the brain now. I get JiF's sarcastic vote on Vic to appease you, and I'm almost tempted to vote Pac in the same vein just to run one of your cases to conclusion.

Problem is, right now, I see your case(s) against him looking a little scummier to me than he does right now.

Hard not to have Pac on the brain when every time I start trying to look elsewhere he barrages me with **** I feel I have to respond to or defend.

For clarifications sake... changing my focus. I thought Pac could have been forcing the hammer from me as a scum move, but I have been told by most that my logic there was flawed. I was ready to pursue other suspicions on day two... but, I feel that Pac may have been the assimilation based upon his quick change of tune. You have to remember, he was basically calling his shot for day 2... and I was his guy. So right now, I can't understand Pac's sudden jump to another player with what seems like a much weaker case... and don't think I haven't considered that Pac would be the one player I would pick in this game who ultimately doesn't need to be assimilated because of how dangerous he tends to be for the town.

I can appreciate the point you are trying to make, at the same time I don't know whether to trust it or read it as a means to get me off of Pac's case. It's clear to me that there is a case there that others agree with... so the fact that you'd call it a "case that isn't there" is highly intriguing.

So much so, that I feel compelled to be less myopic.

Unvote: Pac

VOTE: SLATS

If you remember correctly, that was an alt game and it was sheer coincidence that I recruited my muffin top on the first night. I honestly had no clue it was him either based on him play. CTM on the other hand, I knew it was him the whole time and I targeted him early and stuck with it after the recruit to distance myself.

I'm not voting you right now, or working up another case. I was more suspicious of you early than I am right now. I just don't want you to think I've forgotten about you.

But fwiw, I find this a little difficult to believe.

Bleh... I'm just frustrated with Cyclops28.

Hard not to have Pac on the brain when every time I start trying to look elsewhere he barrages me with **** I feel I have to respond to or defend.

For clarifications sake... changing my focus. I thought Pac could have been forcing the hammer from me as a scum move, but I have been told by most that my logic there was flawed. I was ready to pursue other suspicions on day two... but, I feel that Pac may have been the assimilation based upon his quick change of tune. You have to remember, he was basically calling his shot for day 2... and I was his guy. So right now, I can't understand Pac's sudden jump to another player with what seems like a much weaker case... and don't think I haven't considered that Pac would be the one player I would pick in this game who ultimately doesn't need to be assimilated because of how dangerous he tends to be for the town.

I can appreciate the point you are trying to make, at the same time I don't know whether to trust it or read it as a means to get me off of Pac's case. It's clear to me that there is a case there that others agree with... so the fact that you'd call it a "case that isn't there" is highly intriguing.

So much so, that I feel compelled to be less myopic.

Unvote: Pac

VOTE: SLATS

You're playing the innocent newb town role to a T... If your scum, well done

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 2

Integrity (2) -- Sharrow, slats

CTM (1) -- Pac

Sharrow (2) -- JVoR, Crusher

Pac (2) -- CTM, JiF

slats (1) -- Integrity

With 11 Research Team Members, it takes 6 to torch.

Archived