Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's ok. You'll catch on soon enough.

Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to search post counts in a thread?

Go to the Lounge Forum and click on the number by the thread under the "replies" column.

Go to the Lounge Forum and click on the number by the thread under the "replies" column.

Awesome, thanks

CTM 185 Pac2566 147 Integrity28 139 Vicious89x 84 slats 80 SMC 79 The Crusher 77 Dan X 63 JiF 61 Sharrow 54 AVM 53 Bleedin' Green 49 Jets Voice of Reason 48

So BG and JVoR at the bottom.... JVoR at the beginning of the game was very much trying to "help" along with what the point of the game was. Since then it has been very quick posts with votes and reasoning, some defense, but nothing to draw too much attention to him. Same can be said about BG.

And honestly I do not feel good about both of those guys being at the bottom.

Awesome, thanks

CTM 185 Pac2566 147 Integrity28 139 Vicious89x 84 slats 80 SMC 79 The Crusher 77 Dan X 63 JiF 61 Sharrow 54 AVM 53 Bleedin' Green 49 Jets Voice of Reason 48

So BG and JVoR at the bottom.... JVoR at the beginning of the game was very much trying to "help" along with what the point of the game was. Since then it has been very quick posts with votes and reasoning, some defense, but nothing to draw too much attention to him. Same can be said about BG.

And honestly I do not feel good about both of those guys being at the bottom.

I willl also lynch jvor.. haven't felt good about him since day 1..

I'm actually right with you on that one. Granted I hate following your lead but JVoR had significantly more posts in the last game which leads me to believe a change in play style. Yes, he may have survived longer but the days have dragged longer in this game.

Is there anything you two would like to share with the rest of the class?

I'm pretty sure one of us tipped their hand a little too much if you will. If scum picked up on that (which isn't much of a stretch) then he/she either has been or will be converted. CTM knows exactly who I'm talking about and he also knows that if I was scum I would be a supreme idiot to mention it.. I would just silently convert and carry on.

CTM played devils advocate and claims scum may not convert because they'd only want to covert players that would be around awhile but that doesn't jive with me. If I'm scum I'm converting that player even as a sacrificial lamb for the sole purpose of ridding the game of a probable power role. I think that person is a dead man walking and to leave him alive too long is dangerous... especially when it's reveal time and everyone leaves him alone saying something along the lines of we can't risk it (which is how you bought yourself another night last game).

I was being intentionally obtuse when talking with CTM about it but he knows exactly what I'm getting at.... And I don't think this is some great big mystery as anyone paying attention will have seen the post(s) I'm talking about.

Finally something we agree on.... I'd happily lynch JVOR and I2D2, feel ok with lynching Crusher and you, lukewarm about lynching JiFruit and Dan X -- who has seemingly skated free the entire game because of a cute avatar pic.

I'm pretty sure one of us tipped their hand a little too much if you will. If scum picked up on that (which isn't much of a stretch) then he/she either has been or will be converted. CTM knows exactly who I'm talking about and he also knows that if I was scum I would be a supreme idiot to mention it.. I would just silently convert and carry on.

CTM played devils advocate and claims scum may not convert because they'd only want to covert players that would be around awhile but that doesn't jive with me. If I'm scum I'm converting that player even as a sacrificial lamb for the sole purpose of ridding the game of a probable power role. I think that person is a dead man walking and to leave him alive too long is dangerous... especially when it's reveal time and everyone leaves him alone saying something along the lines of we can't risk it (which is how you bought yourself another night last game).

I was being intentionally obtuse when talking with CTM about it but he knows exactly what I'm getting at.... And I don't think this is some great big mystery as anyone paying attention will have seen the post(s) I'm talking about.

I think it really depends on what they know of the setup, further, as i said before, if the scum we're smart, they'd let us fall into your line of thinking aboove and lynch him themselves, while silently converting the most innocent seeming amongst us..

Once they get 4, it'd be easier to push a lynch on that person based on the he's either lying or been converted case..

All right- I'm going to vote

Vote: JVOR

Simply put- he is playing far too inactively for someone who when they're usually town, is one of the best at drawing up theories and cases. Quickly popping in to lay a vote in and then disappearing is making me uneasy. Throw in the fact I bring up his name and happens to pop his head in 11 minutes later is a weird coincidence to me.

All right- I'm going to vote

Vote: JVOR

Simply put- he is playing far too inactively for someone who when they're usually town, is one of the best at drawing up theories and cases. Quickly popping in to lay a vote in and then disappearing is making me uneasy. Throw in the fact I bring up his name and happens to pop his head in 11 minutes later is a weird coincidence to me.

crap ass. oh well

I think it really depends on what they know of the setup, further, as i said before, if the scum we're smart, they'd let us fall into your line of thinking aboove and lynch him themselves, while silently converting the most innocent seeming amongst us..

Once they get 4, it'd be easier to push a lynch on that person based on the he's either lying or been converted case..

Which is why I didn't mention any of this until after the conversion had taken place. He would have been my first choice to convert if I was scum.

Also discussing it might be beneficial to us anyway... if town puts it out there that we know what they know than maybe they wifom themselves about converting... I don't think they do though... 1 dead power role > one less Xena... at least IMO.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 2

Integrity (1) -- Sharrow

Sharrow (4) -- JVoR, Crusher, Integrity, JiF

Crusher (1) -- Bleedin' Green

JVoR (3) -- Vicious, CTM, Pac

With 11 Research Team Members, it takes 6 to torch.

Ok, i'd say that's enough for now since I'm pretty sure BG would locked into me at this point anyways.

I've pretty much been a scumball for the entire game and have been very wary of those with a townie feel on me.

Since a deadline is actually approaching pretty soon i'm just going to reveal now so you don't bother wasting time voting me. I'm town and I have the ability to watch a room at night to see who visits and if the person left the room. Yesterday I got a person visiting at night.

I could reveal that person but my gut feeling is the person i saw visiting was the cop. if u want me to i can just do it to verify me.

To expound a bit further what if it was just a load of crap? There was little to no pressure and the perils of a reveal had been discussed. That just means their scum.

Or it could have been a preemptive subtle reveal on the heels of perceived pressure to come. That type of mistake is lynch worthy in and of itself... and this is coming from the guy who got lynched for a typo.

Ok, i'd say that's enough for now since I'm pretty sure BG would locked into me at this point anyways.

I've pretty much been a scumball for the entire game and have been very wary of those with a townie feel on me.

Since a deadline is actually approaching pretty soon i'm just going to reveal now so you don't bother wasting time voting me. I'm town and I have the ability to watch a room at night to see who visits and if the person left the room. Yesterday I got a person visiting at night.

I could reveal that person but my gut feeling is the person i saw visiting was the cop. if u want me to i can just do it to verify me.

The person's room i watched also did not leave their room.

unvote for now.... have to think about this but on first read it rings true.

Due relax for a second. You got like 3 votes on you. dont start spitting out names of potential town power roles. Especially in this game. Take a minute, nobody is going to speed lynch you. Dealine isn;t in 10 minutes, chill for a sec.

I'm not going to lie. This confuses me.

Why would that make them cult? Wouldn;t that just mean they didn;t leave their room? Not sure how you drawn that conclusion.

His premise is that he can watch someone "leave the room" which I assume means be converted. The questions I would have are:

- if he chose to watch a cult member than of course they wouldn't "leave the room" cause they're already cult.

- if there's a witch doc who cures someone would that show up as them "leaving the room"

- why the hell have the words "leave the room" been chosen?! Wouldn't a mod normally tie it in to something from the opening scene? I'll read again but I don't recall us being trapped in a room or anything of the sort.

these are just questions popping in my head in the last minute or two.. stream of consciousness posting.

Hmmmmmmm.

I don't buy this. 3 votes and already revealing this quickly? Also, hinting at having a result just seems kind of contrived to me. If we follow his lead, person flips innocent, then we've given them one more plus a conversion.

His premise is that he can watch someone "leave the room" which I assume means be converted. The questions I would have are:

- if he chose to watch a cult member than of course they wouldn't "leave the room" cause they're already cult.

- if there's a witch doc who cures someone would that show up as them "leaving the room"

- why the hell have the words "leave the room" been chosen?! Wouldn't a mod normally tie it in to something from the opening scene? I'll read again but I don't recall us being trapped in a room or anything of the sort.

these are just questions popping in my head in the last minute or two.. stream of consciousness posting.

I'm not going to go into semantics of pms but i am under the impression that at night we are individually in rooms and I am able to watch a person's room. I see if player X leaves the room and I am able to see who visits player x.

Last night Player X did not leave the room, but someone visited Player X.

If there is a protective doctor be on me. Ideally a shrink or witch doctor role as well if that's out there. Even if you think i'm full of crap (which i'm not) you should not wifom at least for tonight.

Oh, I was assuming it was similar to the watch role I had in Doggins game where the mafia where the town. I could watch one person each night either leave or go to the house. Probably sleeping quarters instead of houses used here. Interesting.

Strike this... just read again and he said his gut is that he watched the cop visit.. so all he can do is apparently watch one person to see who comes in to either investigate or convert.

I didn't say the person i saw visiting was guilty, did I?

No, you didn't. You're just giving us an inconclusive report. Did I see someone? Yes, could they be scum? I'm not sure. Please don't kill me though, I've got 3 votes on me!

This really isn't your style of play. I'll hear out what the rest of the town happens to say though.

Archived