Star Wars Mafia

Bleedin Green

If I'm scum... I take the easy NK of JVOR, because he is not going to be protected... and then use the "why are you still alive" case presented today by SMC to get the town to lynch the power role.

What does it accomplish?

Easy kill of JVOR.

Lynch a power role.

Scum are still buried because now everyone can claim that it was basic game logic to go after CTM.

That's a good point. I would like to know what's going on with Dan X as CTM seems to have had her down with votes since day 1.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I'm scum... I take the easy NK of JVOR, because he is not going to be protected... and then use the "why are you still alive" case presented today by SMC to get the town to lynch the power role.

What does it accomplish?

Easy kill of JVOR.

Lynch a power role.

Scum are still buried because now everyone can claim that it was basic game logic to go after CTM.

And if CTM doesn't get lynched today, you're the next NK? Since, like JVoR you're an easy kill of an innocent.

Manipulating?

If a doc self protects, a watcher's result would be that the doc didn't visit anybody.

You're saying that as mod, you'd tell the watcher that the self protecting doctor visited someone? Wouldn't that be a lie by the mod?

Why do you keep being convinced that DPR said I visited someone instead of targetting someone? And why would you believe him in terms of that lingo..

In fact, if DPR didn't say visited, you've got some splaining to do as you might know more about DPR's info then you should..

I'm trying to say that if I was the mod, and I gave scum a watcher role that only revealed if the player took a night action, I would absolutely say yes if the player being watched was a doctor targetting himself. SMC's entire theory is exxagerrated and invalid, he's manipulating you guys either purposely or unwittingly..

Yeah. I can understand that. Another question is why would scum target scum...unless it was a set up. If it wasn't for you two being such wiley vets I would say that would be too good of a plan. But you two reek. :)

Why do you keep being convinced that DPR said I visited someone instead of targetting someone? And why would you believe him in terms of that lingo..

In fact, if DPR didn't say visited, you've got some splaining to do as you might know more about DPR's info then you should..

Ah, crap.

I'm seriously insanely confused. I perhaps am trying too hard to step into scum shoes and try to understand their reasoning. I felt thinking like that led me to to my correct reasoning of doggin, but now I think I may be off.

Unvote: CTM

Unfortunately, I've got no information that will help. none. I'm as confused as any of ya..

Okay. You're a useless power role.

You claim that status to avoid a lynch.

Fine. Two questions:

1. Who should we go after today?

2. How many days should we go with you miraculously surviving NKing before we get suspicious?

Manipulating?

If a doc self protects, a watcher's result would be that the doc didn't visit anybody.

You're saying that as mod, you'd tell the watcher that the self protecting doctor visited someone? Wouldn't that be a lie by the mod?

ok...so

Unfortunately, I've got no information that will help. none. I'm as confused as any of ya..

This does not help your case.

He said targetted...same thing. You're argument is getting weaker imo.

Okay. You're a useless power role.

You claim that status to avoid a lynch.

Fine. Two questions:

1. Who should we go after today?

2. How many days should we go with you miraculously surviving NKing before we get suspicious?

I'm well aware i won't be making it anywhere near end game this time out for that very reason...

As you said last game, the longer I live, the more it has to be that I'm scum..

So why lynch me now, I have a pwoer, I don't want to divulge it, we aren't at end game, and I can be dealt with tomorrow or subsequent days if still alive..

I looked back at DPR's post in question. He said you targetted someone like you say, rather than visited.

Last night I watched CTM, and he did target someone else. Nobody targeted him for any night action.

For practical purposes, what's the difference? Just so we're clear.

He said targetted...same thing. You're argument is getting weaker imo.

Targetting and visiting are completely different actions, one says i took a night action of some kind, the other says i took a night action directed at someone besides myself.

An important distinction.

Targetting and visiting are completely different actions, one says i took a night action of some kind, the other says i took a night action directed at someone besides myself.

An important distinction.

Dude, DPR said you targetted SOMEONE ELSE. Read the quote.

So why are you arguing this?

Yeah. I can understand that. Another question is why would scum target scum...unless it was a set up. If it wasn't for you two being such wiley vets I would say that would be too good of a plan. But you two reek. :)

i can't deny that this can be a gambit, other then to say you have to consider how much heat I get around here and if I'd play this card so quickly as scum..

Originally Posted by D P R viewpost.gif

Last night I watched CTM, and he did target someone else. Nobody targeted him for any night action.

Who did you target?

This is scum post, not to be believed since he was lying the whole time..

Put me at L-2 and I will tell you what i am and what I was doing, not breaking before that and I recommend against doing so. Being as honest as I can here.. I don't know why this needs to be resolved now..

Manipulating?

DPR said "targeted."

You keep saying "visited" like in the game you just modded... they are NOT the same thing.

If your efforts are pro-town, you should stop conveniently using different terminology that changes the perception of past events in support of your case. You have ignored

Unvote CTM

Vote SMC

I had a scum read on you from the beginning, and right now I think you went from making a "casual observation" case to a "hard sell" on this case way too quickly, and you are way too over-committed to it considering day phase just started and we could have spent some time pressuring a few people before arriving at this big drama. All that adds up to calculated moves IMO.

Then why is CTM trying to make an argument over a supposed distinction between "targetting" and "visiting"?

Because there is a distinction, mutton head. The word targeting means took a night action of some kind, the word visited implies in and of it self that it was towards a third party.

DPR, scum, adding "someone else" on his own is hardly as compelling as bleeding using targeted versus visited.

I find it laughable that you think this is a ruse with the intention of allowing me to hide under a doc claim and my supposed co-conspirator DPR put "someone else" out there to kill it. More likely he added that in order to make it easier for you to push exactly what you are pushing, "I can't be cop, cause I unvoted DPR, and I can't be doc, cause I would've self protected, so what am I"

I'm not saying I am the doctor.. But I'd assume the watcher would see me target myself, or maybe i'd protect someone that was more likely NK target..

Again though, I'm not saying I am or am not the doctor. I want to make that very clear, anything you are inferring is of your own accord.

I think he said I targetted someone.

Scum having a role finding ability (which is really what DPR was), wouldn't make sense if the doctor targetting himself was hidden from them. I can say as a mod, I would reveal that he targetted someone with an action

I think it's obvious now you're not the doctor. And you have nothing to report. Great news.:rolleyes:

If you're now using the "scum post" defense, why were you trying to trap me in a discussion about the supposed distinction between "targetting" and "visiting"?

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/search.php?searchid=227830&photoplog_searchinfo=1&photoplog_searchquery=visit

D P R never said visit or visited, he consistantly said "targetted" yet SMC keeps insisting i visited someone..

SMC, can you comment on that?

Why are you trying to say I misrepresented what happened, CTM?

DPR said "targeted."

You keep saying "visited" like in the game you just modded... they are NOT the same thing.

If your efforts are pro-town, you should stop conveniently using different terminology that changes the perception of past events in support of your case. You have ignored

Unvote CTM

Vote SMC

I had a scum read on you from the beginning, and right now I think you went from making a "casual observation" case to a "hard sell" on this case way too quickly, and you are way too over-committed to it considering day phase just started and we could have spent some time pressuring a few people before arriving at this big drama. All that adds up to calculated moves IMO.

Are you serious???

Cause DPR is scum!! ANd you are trying to push a case on me based on what he said. It's ridiculous and becomming infuriating..

Then why is CTM trying to make an argument over a supposed distinction between "targetting" and "visiting"?

I don't know, I suppose he must think there's a difference. I don't really see it either, but I know that his target could potentially give a lot of information about his role up. Say he targeted Klecko for example, then obviously he's not the doc. Say he targetted JVOR, then obviously he's not the cop. It doesn't really do us any good, imo.

DPR said "targeted."

Unvote CTM

Vote SMC

Why are you ignoring what DPR said, Integrity:

Link

Notice the similiarity between DPR's post below and what SMC is pushing today.

Obviously I'm not faking this, or CTM would have denied it.

The idea that CTM would sit on the fence with it to eliminate himself from a power role hunter is not valid - he would have known I was scum, and being as close to lynch as I am, announced that he did not target anyone and that I was lying.

It's not like it's going to take much to finish me off.

The fact that he did not even wait to see if a finder announced anything, and just threw down a vote on me made me think that he was trying to hurry a lynch, and it made me think that he killed Slats. He was wishy-washy yesterday, kinda complimenting me but kinda suspecting me, and Slats was less than complimentary toward him. So I figured he stood a really high chance of being scum.

I knew he wasn't the finder. If he voted for me that fast, he would more than likely have checked me and just announced it.

I seriously doubt he's the healer because he stuck his neck out awfully far yesterday to be a power role like that.

I put it all together and figured he's probably scum.

I'm making an effort to be as clear as I can - your board flavor is very different than my home turf. Crush can back that up.

Are you serious???

I hadn't seen this. I'm multi-tasking (aka on the pohne wtih a client.)

hold on, I gotta read back some.

Why please explain????

If we got two scum and the SK this early we look really good, no? It's not like it's a secret anymore. The scum know what he is if innocent.

The only thing I was thinking that if CTM targeted someone and knows they are a townie and can validate his role I'd feel comfortable voting SMC off as scum. Right now I have no clue where to go.

Put me at L-2 and I will tell you what i am and what I was doing, not breaking before that and I recommend against doing so. Being as honest as I can here.. I don't know why this needs to be resolved now..

Why are you making it sound like it's a secret at this point?

If you're now using the "scum post" defense, why were you trying to trap me in a discussion about the supposed distinction between "targetting" and "visiting"?

Why are you trying to say I misrepresented what happened, CTM?

Because you are. DPR also numerous times said just target, implying that is all he received from the mod. Why would the mod use a term like "target" if he intended to hide self protects?

Wow, you guys are obsessed with outing town power roles.

This is a given in any game - obviously both sides are trying to find each other.

Would you say that a killing role is definitely a mafia role? But when a vig reveals and let's the town help chose the target, that benefits the town, no?

This is what I was talking about with Slats, and playing one-dimensionally. You have to look at situations where the information I provide could be useful.

Say we come close to an endgame situation and there are only a couple of mafia suspects left. I watch one. If they target and someone dies, we've got them. If they don't target and someone dies, we've got the other one. If they don't nightkill at all, we have another day to try and lynch them.

You see? Any role can be beneficial to any player of any alignment.

Cause DPR is scum!! ANd you are trying to push a case on me based on what he said. It's ridiculous and becomming infuriating..

You're the one implying I'm scum because I said you visited someone (since DPR said you had a Night Action against someone else).

How is that pushing a case based on what DPR said?

If anything, you're trying to push a case against me based on what DPR said (and I caught you on it).

Archived