Rex Ryan and Gregg Williams: On the same wavelength

Jetsfan80

Did you guys notice who the Saints took at the end of the 1st round? Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State, adding another DB to an already solid, Super Bowl winning secondary.

Why? Because Saints DC Gregg Williams and Rex are thinking alike. They know you need corners to win in the NFL, and lots of them.

Now, lets hope Gregg is on the same wavelength as Mike Tannenbaum, and allows us to acquire Darren Sharper from him. :headbang:

If this team gets Darren Sharper...

I think it would literally be the best defense of all time. Or at least top-3 with the '85 bears and the 2000 Ravens.

However, Sharper is a mere pipe dream at this point. Not expecting him to become a Jet at all. Plus, I think Pool will be a good player for us.

I think it would literally be the best defense of all time. Or at least top-3 with the '85 bears and the 2000 Ravens.

However, Sharper is a mere pipe dream at this point. Not expecting him to become a Jet at all. Plus, I think Pool will be a good player for us.

I just blew a load thinking about it... Ok, I think its time for me to shut down the computer and get some rest, LOL.

Agreed, but one can dream right? This is Tannebaum we're talking about here.

The rules were more defense friendly in the past, but otherwise I do agree. In terms of sheer talent, ability and schemes, the Jets D certainly has the potential to be one of the all time great units. Now we need to see them actually go out there and do it. No excuses, they have more than enough weapons.

I don't want to hear any excuses for this defense like against the Falcons and Fins last year. You're an elite defense, go shut down the mediocre offenses at least. Scoring 10 points against this defense should be an absolute struggle. Sure I don't expect teams like the Colts, Pats, Saints or other top team to always be held down, and I understand you can have off games, but really, this D needs to really go out there and perform. It should have the lowest points allowed total since 2000 if possible.

Archived