Armando the fin fan is at it again...

NIGHT STALKER

Klecko's screwed.:Nuts: J/k Don't worry we'll let you do the girl ones.:D

You too, dip****?

From the NFL rulebook:

ARTICLE 3. a. No player shall initiate contact and target an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet. When in question, it is a foul.

FTW

I'll post it 100 times if I have to.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice try and misinterpreting the rules on what is and what it not a legal block.

An offensive player is permitted to block an opponent by contacting him with his head, shoulders, hands, and/or outer surface of the forearm, or with any other part of his body. A blocker may use his arms, or open or closed hands, to contact an opponent on or outside the opponent

Did Polite initiate contace and target an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet? YES HE DID. Therefore, it is a foul.

This is simple plain English.

The rule is clearly stated and the hit was a textbook example.

This isn't rocket science.

The point and I know you get it but just don't want to accept the fact that you are wrong, is the rule on blocking is the rule that is be applied in this case seeing as the contact occurred in the course of making a block. As already mentioned the rule on what constitutes a legal block clearly superseded any other rule in this case.

Your defense of looking away and covering your ears and refusing to hear the truth is nothing short of a child's game.

july1909.jpg

Good luck with that BTW.

The point and I know you get it but just don't want to accept the fact that you are wrong, is the rule on blocking is the rule that is be applied in this case seeing as the contact occurred in the course of making a block. As already mentioned the rule on what constitutes a legal block clearly superseded any other rule in this case.

Your defense of looking away and covering your ears and refusing to hear the truth is nothing short of a child's game.

july1909.jpg

Good luck with that BTW.

ARTICLE 3. a. No player shall initiate contact and target an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet. When in question, it is a foul.

Reading is fundamental.

What's really funny here is that if the Dolphins fans were right about this, several people who have been reading this thread, like EY, who takes great joy in pouncing on my rare ****ups would be all over me, agreeing with the Fins fans and mocking me for being wrong yet despite the fact that he has been in this thread in the last 10 minutes, he has not said a word.

This is not hard to figure out. You assheads are applying the rule incorrectly.

Notice there is no mention of whether the player is on offense or defense. The man who initiates contact with the crown of his helmet is in violation.

"

What's really funny here is that if the Dolphins fans were right about this, several people who have been reading this thread, like EY, who takes great joy in pouncing on my rare ****ups would be all over me, agreeing with the Fins fans and mocking me for being wrong yet despite the fact that he has been in this thread in the last 10 minutes, he has not said a word.

This is not hard to figure out. You assheads are applying the rule incorrectly.

Notice there is no mention of whether the player is on offense or defense. The man who initiates contact with the crown of his helmet is in violation.

Notice they added a specific rule to determine what does and does not constitute a "Legal black". also notice that they even went as far as to title the rule "Legal Block by Offensive Player"

Also notice that in this rule clearly state that "An offensive player is permitted to block an opponent by contacting him with his head, shoulders, hands, and/or outer surface of the forearm, or with any other part of his body." They added this rule to allow for exceptions in the blocking game. It would be impossible to enforce a rule that would disallow for any such contact.

If a rule was in place that would allow an official to penalize a team for making such contact then there could easily be a flag called on each and every running play.

I appreciate your effort in trying to defend you side of the argument here Kleco but in this case you are wrong.

Rule 12 Player Conduct

Article 3

Legal Block

by Offensive

Player

An offensive player is permitted to block an opponent by contacting him with his head, shoulders, hands, and/or outer surface of the forearm, or with any other part of his body. A blocker may use his arms, or open or closed hands, to contact an opponent on or outside the opponent

"

Notice they added a specific rule to determine what does and does not constitute a "Legal black". also notice that they even went as far as to title the rule "Legal Block by Offensive Player"

Also notice that in this rule clearly state that "An offensive player is permitted to block an opponent by contacting him with his head, shoulders, hands, and/or outer surface of the forearm, or with any other part of his body." They added this rule to allow for exceptions in the blocking game. It would be impossible to enforce a rule that would disallow for any such contact.

If a rule was in place that would allow an official to penalize a team for making such contact then there could easily be a flag called on each and every running play.

I appreciate your effort in trying to defend you side of the argument here Kleco but in this case you are wrong.

Rule 12 Player Conduct

Article 3

Legal Block

by Offensive

Player

Pot, kettle.....

Clearly you are one of the special people.

I also find it very "convenient" that you chose to completely ignore this portion of the rule that you are using for your defense.

game officials will give special attention in administering this rule to protecting those players who are in virtually defenseless postures (e.g., a player in the act of or just after throwing a pass, a receiver catching or attempting to catch a pass, a runner already in the grasp of a tackler, a kickoff or punt returner attempting to field a kick in the air, or a player on the ground at the end of a play). All players in virtually defenseless postures are protected by the same prohibitions against use of the helmet and facemask that are described in the roughing-the-passer rules (see Article 11, subsection 3 below of this Rule 12, Section 2)

That rule was put in place to protect defenseless players. Furthermore I challenge you to state one instance where a flag was thrown for helmet to helmet contact during a block at the LOS.

I also find it very "convenient" that you chose to completely ignore this portion of the rule that you are using for your defense.

game officials will give special attention in administering this rule to protecting those players who are in virtually defenseless postures (e.g., a player in the act of or just after throwing a pass, a receiver catching or attempting to catch a pass, a runner already in the grasp of a tackler, a kickoff or punt returner attempting to field a kick in the air, or a player on the ground at the end of a play). All players in virtually defenseless postures are protected by the same prohibitions against use of the helmet and facemask that are described in the roughing-the-passer rules (see Article 11, subsection 3 below of this Rule 12, Section 2)

That rule was put in place to protect defenseless players. Furthermore I challenge you to state one instance where a flag was thrown for helmet to helmet contact during a block at the LOS.

I didn't. I mentioned that in my first post about the rule. "Special attention" does not mean limited to those specific circumstances you dolt.

Back to your original defense I see....

canthearyou.JPG

Good luck with that....

Oh, almost forgot:

Notice no mention of offensive or defensive players?

Did Polite initiate contact and target an opponent with the crown of his helmet? Yes he did. Therefore it is an illegal hit.

Just keep burying yourself.

Kelcko it's over bro, valiant effort on your part but you were wrong. Polite destroyed Scott with an exceptional LEGAL block.

I didn't. I mentioned that in my first post about the rule. "Special attention" does not mean limited to those specific circumstances you dolt.

Any rule put in place to specifically handle a certain situation clearly supersedes any other rules. In this case the rule that is specific to blocking would be the rule applied in the case of oh lets say... Blocking.

Back to your original defense I see....

canthearyou.JPG

Good luck with that....

You're the monkey, right?

Because you are refusing to see that the rule in question makes no mention of what side of the ball a player plays on:

Any rule put in place to specifically handle a certain situation clearly supersedes any other rules. In this case the rule that is specific to blocking would be the rule applied in the case of oh lets say... Blocking.

Reverse that and you got it right. The rule that governs what Polite did is the hitting with the crown of the helmet.

That supersedes the blocking rule.

Off the subject and a quick question. Do you guys allow your own members to simply spam the same dribble (copy/paste) over and over? If so then more power to ya I guess..

When dealing with blatantly moronic homerism? Yes.:yes:

Reverse that and you got it right. The rule that governs what Polite did is the hitting with the crown of the helmet.

That supersedes the blocking rule.

There is a reason they put in the a rule in place called "Legal block by offensive player" and there is a reason in that rule the first line clearly states " An offensive player is permitted to block an opponent by contacting him with his head, shoulders, hands, and/or outer surface of the forearm, or with any other part of his body." And that is because it is in fact legal to do so.

There is a reason they put in the a rule in place called "Legal block by offensive player" and there is a reason in that rule the first line clearly states " An offensive player is permitted to block an opponent by contacting him with his head, shoulders, hands, and/or outer surface of the forearm, or with any other part of his body." And that is because it is in fact legal to do so.

Crown of the helmet moron. Hitting with the crown of the helmet is illegal. Period. End of story.

Crown of the helmet moron. Hitting with the crown of the helmet is illegal. Period. End of story.

If we were in Avatar, your argument would be called "unobtanium".

Polite didn't lead with the crown of his helmet, he lowered his shoulder. The helmet contact (which is legal) is incidental.

Lets take another look.

loljetsha-02.gif

If we were in Avatar, your argument would be called "unobtanium".

Polite didn't lead with the crown of his helmet, he lowered his shoulder. The helmet contact (which is legal) is incidental.

Lets take another look.

loljetsha-02.gif

You're definitely smoking crack and I wouldn't pay money to see a James Cameron movie so the reference is lost on me.

Incidental? :rl: Wow. Just wow.

It's a good thing this made no sense, because that's the only thing saving it from being the gayest sentence I've ever read.

I doubt it.

You're definitely smoking crack and I wouldn't pay money to see a James Cameron movie so the reference is lost on me.

Incidental? :rl: Wow. Just wow.

Yeah, you're more of a "Twilight" series kinda girl.

"

Rule 12 Player Conduct

Article 3

Legal Block

by Offensive

Player

Archived