Jets-Phins: Best Combined 53-Man Roster

rick34125

i left out ducasse because he's unproven same with slauson. from this you can see the phins don't have much o-line depth and our starters are clearly better.

..but you picked a backup. If Turner was better than Ducasse or Slauson at G he'd start. FWIW, I'd probably move Long to RT and start D'Brick at LT. Long seems like he'd fit better on the run side next to Moore to me. At that point Woody might be top for LG. You picked Wilson and he's unproven too. As raw as Ducasse is, I doubt there is any GM that wouldn't take him over Turner unless they were looking for somebody to snap and this team has Mangold, Grove and Woody.

I'm not so sure you considered the return game either. I guess you're planning on using Smith, but even a guy like McKnight might have some value. You could use Cromartie, Smith and Leonhard, but meh. If they didn't trade him I'd have kept Ginn around as designated KR/home run threat. The three backs you have and the majority of WRs give you little to nothing in the return game. If this were my team I'd have been trading decent talent for mid-round picks to fill out the roster.

..but you picked a backup. If Turner was better than Ducasse or Slauson at G he'd start. FWIW, I'd probably move Long to RT and start D'Brick at LT. Long seems like he'd fit better on the run side next to Moore to me. At that point Woody might be top for LG. You picked Wilson and he's unproven too. As raw as Ducasse is, I doubt there is any GM that wouldn't take him over Turner unless they were looking for somebody to snap and this team has Mangold, Grove and Woody.

I'm not so sure you considered the return game either. I guess you're planning on using Smith, but even a guy like McKnight might have some value. You could use Cromartie, Smith and Leonhard, but meh. If they didn't trade him I'd have kept Ginn around as designated KR/home run threat. The three backs you have and the majority of WRs give you little to nothing in the return game. If this were my team I'd have been trading decent talent for mid-round picks to fill out the roster.

moving woody inside is not a bad idea. as far as turner, there is an interview with callahan on the jets site where he throws turner into the mix with ducasse and slauson. if we're sticking to you point about flexibility turner's probably a good choice in any case.

you're right about wilson. not sure who i would replace him with tho.

after going through this little exercise the phins have a decent team, but imo the jets are much better. we'll see tho how it goes on the field.

Keep on thinking that.

Miami Dolphins beat the Jags in Week 14 to go 7-6. They moved up to the No. 6 seed and controllled their own playoff destiny. At that point Henne had 9 TDs and 9 INTs.

The Fins lost their last 3 games and failed to make the playoffs.

Henne threw 3 TDs and 5 INTs in those last 3 games.

In fact, in Henne's last 6 starts, the Fins went 2-4 and Henne had 6 TDs and 10 INTs.

Henne was bad down the stretch when the Fins needed him most. People criticize Sanchez, but Sanchez didn't have the benefit of already being in an NFL system for a year like Henne did.

Also, 124 pointed this out elsewhere: Henne was 1-7 in games against Ohio State and Bowl Games in college. He's the poser child for small-time QBs.

Lol, what a half baked arguement dude. We were down 24-6 in one of those games, and 27-0 in another. The other one, Henne was pulled at half time. Not that it matters though, you kind of have to take the whole season into account, not just the games that you remember.

I didnt say he was great, I said he was better than Sanchez. Contrast his play with MS who had to have his HC make a color coded card system to help him not turn the ball over. Any word on if it'll be used this year?

Henne is ranked 17th by Pro Football Focus http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=QB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1 while Sanchez is ranked 38th. 38th out of 40. Only Russel and Stafford were considered worse. So yeah, I will keep on thinking that.

And Henne is 2-0 vs. Mark Sanchez head to head. You can commence with the excuse making now...

Lol, what a half baked arguement dude. We were down 24-6 in one of those games, and 27-0 in another. The other one, Henne was pulled at half time. Not that it matters though, you kind of have to take the whole season into account, not just the games that you remember.

I didnt say he was great, I said he was better than Sanchez. Contrast his play with MS who had to have his HC make a color coded card system to help him not turn the ball over. Any word on if it'll be used this year?

Henne is ranked 17th by Pro Football Focus http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=QB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1 while Sanchez is ranked 38th. 38th out of 40. Only Russel and Stafford were considered worse. So yeah, I will keep on thinking that.

And Henne is 2-0 vs. Mark Sanchez head to head. You can commence with the excuse making now...

You act like its night and day...its really not. If one is better than the other...its a slight advantage and its probably more based on preference rather than overall skill.

Henne was better last year, which should be expected when comparing to a rookie. If you care to negate his poor play down the stretch and attribute it to being more a team thing than this argument cant really be had when neither QB was lights out so the true value in the opinion is based on how his team played in relation to his individual performance. Jets out played Dolphags. Henne lost his last 3 games throwing 5 INT to 3 TDs. Sanchez won 4 straight elimination games only throwing 1 INT, his best stretch of the season.

How they ended the year should absolutely have merit in this conversation because they were both young Qb's who you'd expect to get better as the season progressed. Step back and look at it, the QB who did that was Mark Sanchez.

Is he the better player? IDK. But right now if you gave me a choice I'd take Sanchez based on how he ended the year and because he's got experience winning playoff games. One player was clutch down the stretch...I'm going with him. I guess its similar logic to why I'd take Brady over Manning or Montana over Marino.

You act like its night and day...its really not. If one is better than the other...its a slight advantage and its probably more based on preference rather than overall skill.

According to PFF, it is night and day. One is middle of the pack, and the other is damn near the worst in the whole league. The biggest difference for me though, is that Sanchez' decision making is so terrible. Its one thing to throw 3 INTs when youre trailing and tring to get back into the game. Its another thng to throw 6 INTs in a game where your team is never trailing by more than three and your RBs are running for over 300 yds. As the playoffs showed, all Sanchez had to do was not screw up, hand the ball off, rely on his defense, and his team would win most games.

Henne never had that luxury. Half our OL was hurt last year, your OL played the whole season in tact. Henne had no go to WRs to throw to. Sanchez had Cotch and Keller, plus you traded for Edwards mid season. Most importantly, our defense wasnt any good. Henne couldnt just hand off, protect the ball and rely on his defense. He had to go out make plays every week or else we were going to lose. And he had to do it with probably the worst set of WRs in the league. Henne led game winning drives against you guys, the Patriots, and the Bucs, plus a game tying drive in the final seconds vs Tennessee. How many times did Sanchez lead his team to victory after trailing in the 4th qtr?

Henne was better last year, which should be expected when comparing to a rookie. If you care to negate his poor play down the stretch and attribute it to being more a team thing than this argument cant really be had when neither QB was lights out so the true value in the opinion is based on how his team played in relation to his individual performance. Jets out played Dolphags. Henne lost his last 3 games throwing 5 INT to 3 TDs. Sanchez won 4 straight elimination games only throwing 1 INT, his best stretch of the season.

Sanchez was the 5th overall pick. Henne was a late second rounder. Neither guy started a game prior to last year. Henne was a back up who only saw mop up duty in one game in 2008. He didnt get first team reps in practice, and he had to share his backup reps with Ronnie, Ricky and Pat White in the wildcat. The offense wasnt designed around him. He was basically thrust onto the stage @ San Diego when no one was expecting it or prepared for it. So you can shelve the excuses about what shouldve been expected. Henne outplayed Sanchez, period. And it wasnt even close. What does that mean for this year? Absolutely nothing. There are QBs who improve after thier first year, Peyton, Eli, Palmer, Rivers, Rodgers, Romo, Scaub etc. And there are QBs who dont, Young, Leinart, Campbell, Russell, Edwards, Losman, etc. No one knows whats going to happen with either of these guys, but its way past homerish to ignore the fact that Henne was just plain better last year.

How they ended the year should absolutely have merit in this conversation because they were both young Qb's who you'd expect to get better as the season progressed. Step back and look at it, the QB who did that was Mark Sanchez.

Sanchez didnt get better as the season progressed. His best three game stretch of the season was probably Weeks 1-3. After that he was a turnover machine, with a couple good games mixed in. I think youre confusing team success with Sanchez success. You guys started winning after the coaching staff reigned Sanchez in, gave him a color coded system that basically took away his decision making/chance taking abilities in the pass game. You cant possibly think that was done because Sanchez was "improving".

Is he the better player? IDK. But right now if you gave me a choice I'd take Sanchez based on how he ended the year and because he's got experience winning playoff games. One player was clutch down the stretch...I'm going with him. I guess its similar logic to why I'd take Brady over Manning or Montana over Marino.

He ended the year with a 10-7 loss at home to Atlanta. Then a couple wins vs teams with no interest in winning and mostly backups on the field. Then a nice 15 throw performance against Cincinnati. He threw 23 times for a whopping 100 yds vs San Diego, thats about 4.3 yds per att if youre counting, and an INT. As usual, the running game and defense was there to bail him out. Leonhard had a pick in the red zone that set up the GW TD. Then vs Indy he made some plays in the first half, but once Indy came back and the pressure was on Sanchez, when he actually had to make plays to keep his team in the game or bring them from behind, Zero points. Call it what you want, but dont call it clutch. Sanchez was the weak link on an otherwise very good team. Like I said, theres no telling what will happen in the future, he may be a Pro Bowler in the making, but there wasnt much of anything in his performance from last year that would lead any reasonable person to expect it.

According to PFF, it is night and day. One is middle of the pack, and the other is damn near the worst in the whole league. The biggest difference for me though, is that Sanchez' decision making is so terrible. Its one thing to throw 3 INTs when youre trailing and tring to get back into the game. Its another thng to throw 6 INTs in a game where your team is never trailing by more than three and your RBs are running for over 300 yds. As the playoffs showed, all Sanchez had to do was not screw up, hand the ball off, rely on his defense, and his team would win most games.

Henne never had that luxury. Half our OL was hurt last year, your OL played the whole season in tact. Henne had no go to WRs to throw to. Sanchez had Cotch and Keller, plus you traded for Edwards mid season. Most importantly, our defense wasnt any good. Henne couldnt just hand off, protect the ball and rely on his defense. He had to go out make plays every week or else we were going to lose. And he had to do it with probably the worst set of WRs in the league. Henne led game winning drives against you guys, the Patriots, and the Bucs, plus a game tying drive in the final seconds vs Tennessee. How many times did Sanchez lead his team to victory after trailing in the 4th qtr?

Sanchez was the 5th overall pick. Henne was a late second rounder. Neither guy started a game prior to last year. Henne was a back up who only saw mop up duty in one game in 2008. He didnt get first team reps in practice, and he had to share his backup reps with Ronnie, Ricky and Pat White in the wildcat. The offense wasnt designed around him. He was basically thrust onto the stage @ San Diego when no one was expecting it or prepared for it. So you can shelve the excuses about what shouldve been expected. Henne outplayed Sanchez, period. And it wasnt even close. What does that mean for this year? Absolutely nothing. There are QBs who improve after thier first year, Peyton, Eli, Palmer, Rivers, Rodgers, Romo, Scaub etc. And there are QBs who dont, Young, Leinart, Campbell, Russell, Edwards, Losman, etc. No one knows whats going to happen with either of these guys, but its way past homerish to ignore the fact that Henne was just plain better last year.

Sanchez didnt get better as the season progressed. His best three game stretch of the season was probably Weeks 1-3. After that he was a turnover machine, with a couple good games mixed in. I think youre confusing team success with Sanchez success. You guys started winning after the coaching staff reigned Sanchez in, gave him a color coded system that basically took away his decision making/chance taking abilities in the pass game. You cant possibly think that was done because Sanchez was "improving".

He ended the year with a 10-7 loss at home to Atlanta. Then a couple wins vs teams with no interest in winning and mostly backups on the field. Then a nice 15 throw performance against Cincinnati. He threw 23 times for a whopping 100 yds vs San Diego, thats about 4.3 yds per att if youre counting, and an INT. As usual, the running game and defense was there to bail him out. Leonhard had a pick in the red zone that set up the GW TD. Then vs Indy he made some plays in the first half, but once Indy came back and the pressure was on Sanchez, when he actually had to make plays to keep his team in the game or bring them from behind, Zero points. Call it what you want, but dont call it clutch. Sanchez was the weak link on an otherwise very good team. Like I said, theres no telling what will happen in the future, he may be a Pro Bowler in the making, but there wasnt much of anything in his performance from last year that would lead any reasonable person to expect it.

Its one thing to be a complete homer but when it gets to the point where you literally cant be honest with yourself because it goes against your blood, then it pointless to have a conversation.

Its one thing to be a complete homer but when it gets to the point where you literally cant be honest with yourself because it goes against your blood, then it pointless to have a conversation.

Not only that, but no troll should be making posts this long. Good God.

Not a homer at all, so I assume youre talking about the "Sanchez is better than Henne" crowd. If you'd like to point out my lack of "honesty", feel free to do so. But I back up my statements with facts, and references so go easy with the accusations. If you havent already, take a look at http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=QB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1 and tell me if the PFF folks are Henne homers as well. Its one thing to have an opinion, but if you have nothing to back it up with youre going to get eaten alive, so why even bother?

Not only that, but no troll should be making posts this long. Good God.

SMH, you again? I thought you blocked me weeks ago. You know nothing, you add nothing, you say nothing, I know more about your team than you do, and perhaps that bothers you but get over it. IMO youre the most annoying woman on the entire internet. Put me back on the ignore list, that way you dont have to be subjected to my "trolling".

Not a homer at all, so I assume youre talking about the "Sanchez is better than Henne" crowd. If you'd like to point out my lack of "honesty", feel free to do so. But I back up my statements with facts, and references so go easy with the accusations. If you havent already, take a look at http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=QB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1 and tell me if the PFF folks are Henne homers as well. Its one thing to have an opinion, but if you have nothing to back it up with youre going to get eaten alive, so why even bother?

Henne was better than Sanchez last year. I've admitted to this...if you were around last year you would know that I was very tough on the model and constantly critical of his poor play. Probably one of the most vocal on the board. However, the way the 2 finished the season changed my perspective on their future.

I can step back and make an honest assesment of the two which leads me to the opinion and projection I have for the future of these 2 QB's. You are a typical Dolpahg homer who refuses to give credit where credit is due because it would be going against you favorite team and making a nice about your least favorite team.

Its obvious in your approach to any debate you place here at JN regarding Jets vs. Dolphags. This argument is no different and I've already stated my opinion which you broke apart acting like you have verifiable evidence that leads to Henne being a better Qb who has a brighter future. The fact that you think some stats or so web site fortifies your case is sad and I'm no longer going to have this debate with you because you refuse to see the situation from outside of your aqua and orange covered glasses.

Many times last year I stated that if the Jets had Henne, they probably would have won the division...but that was before the way I saw him finish the season. I like winners. Sanchez won when it mattered, Henne didnt...dont care about the factors. I care about the end results which was a rookie QB led his team to a half away from the SB. You 2nd year started led your team to collapse at the end of the season and losing record. Dont know who is going to have the better career. Mid year last season, it would have been Henne. The way they ended the year, now its Sanchez. Simple. Objective. Logical.

Archived