Summer Questionnaire: Shonn Greene

flgreen

Jets summer questionnaire series: Running back Shonn Greene

Published: Tuesday, July 06, 2010, 10:00 AM Updated: Tuesday, July 06, 2010, 10:48 AM

user_default.png Conor Orr/The Star-Ledger

Follow

Share this story

Story tools

[url=http://blog.nj.com/jets_impact/print.html?entry=/2010/07/jets_summer_questionnaire_seri_8.html]

shonn-greenejpg-c4126c3013238703_large.jpgWilliam Perlman/The Star-LedgerShonn Greene said he'd like to see the running backs catch the ball out of the backfield more this year.

Welcome back after the Fourth of July holiday. We're resuming our summer questionnaire series today with a player whose contributions will be critical to the Jets this season, second-year running back -- and New Jersey native -- Shonn Greene.

What are some of the things you have focused on this offseason?

I wouldn't say anything is really off, we just need to work on control with the running backs as far as receiving the ball out of the backfield. I think we could do that a little more. Last season we weren't up there in the rankings in the NFL (in that category), so we want to be changing that up this year.

Who do you think will have a breakout season for the Jets this year?

There are going to be a lot of people that contribute to this team and show what they can do. Danny Woodhead can (carry or receive), so we can put him out there either way.

What are your plans for the break?

I just like chilling with friends and family. I'll just stay here and relax with family and friends. Just work out here, hang out. I might dip off some weekend, not sure yet, though. My family has a lot of cookouts and stuff, barbecues, so we do that a lot. Go to the movies, just hang with friends and family, that's about it. I'm a simple dude, I don't get into too much.

Mmm Shonn doesn't sound to bright.. "I wouldn't say anything is off" did I misunderstand that, or does he not understand the word off season?

Oh well he doesn't need to be Einstein to get 5ypc

I didn't see it like that, I think he was saying nothing was really broken. As in nothing needs fixing, just improvements in certain categories.

But, what you're saying makes sense too.

Mmm Shonn doesn't sound to bright.. "I wouldn't say anything is off" did I misunderstand that, or does he not understand the word off season?

Oh well he doesn't need to be Einstein to get 5ypc

The main problem Greene had at Iowa was staying academically eligible.

He

I didn't see it like that, I think he was saying nothing was really broken. As in nothing needs fixing, just improvements in certain categories.

But, what you're saying makes sense too.

Read his whole answer, I was trying to make sense of it too, but you can't.

What are some of the things you have focused on this offseason?

I wouldn't say anything is really off, we just need to work on control with the running backs as far as receiving the ball out of the backfield. I think we could do that a little more. Last season we weren't up there in the rankings in the NFL (in that category), so we want to be changing that up this year.

Shonn is implying he meant something was off in their running game, which is not the case. He was just asked what are you focusing on in the offseason.

Archived