NY Jets QB Stat Review: 2005

Warfish

NY Jets QB Play: 2005

Chad Pennington: 49 for 83 (59.0%) for 530 Yards (6.4 Avg). 2 TD, 3 INT, 8 Fumbles

Jay Fiedler: 8 for 13 (61.5%) for 107 Yards (8.2 Avg). 1 TD, 0 INT, 1 Fumble

Vinny Testeverde: 35 for 59 (59.3%) for 456 Yards (7.7 Avg). 0 TD, 4 INT, 4 Fumbles

Brooks Bollinger: 26 for 48 (54.1%) for 243 YArds (5.1 Avg). 0 TD, O iNT, 0 Fumbles

Totals: 118 for 203 (58.1%) for 1336 Yards (6.58 Avg). 3 TD, 7 INT, 13 Fumbles

For Comparison, the Highest Rated QB in the AFC is currently Big Ben Roethlisberger. His Stats for 2005 so far:

61 for 100 (61%) for 1006 Yards (10.1 Avg). 9 TD, 1 INT, 0 Fumbles

Actually, our QB play hasn;t been that bad at all IF we could have avoided the six dozen fumbles and Vinny's INT-fest. Statisticly, the combined Stats otherwise look releatively decent.

With a decent running game (which we don' have) and less Fumbles/INT's (meaning no Vinny T.) our offense would be average rather than absolutely horrid.

I said it before the season (albeit elsewhere), that this O-line was a weakness, and HAD to be addressed. No one listened. :cry:

answer seriously fish. It was no secret we didn't properly replace mckenzie, but did you really think they were gonna be this bad? we sucked with mawae in there as no one seemed to figure out the new blocking schemes. now theres no hope. in my worst nightmare I never thought the oline would be the single most demise of the 2005 jets

answer seriously fish. It was no secret we didn't properly replace mckenzie, but did you really think they were gonna be this bad? we sucked with mawae in there as no one seemed to figure out the new blocking schemes. now theres no hope. in my worst nightmare I never thought the oline would be the single most demise of the 2005 jets

This bad....well, close, but not this bad, no.

My predictions were very clear: The combination of ageing, slow, no-moves Martin with a vastly over-rated O-line short two of it's better blockers (Becht and McK) was asking for disaster.

And a disaster it is, even more than I ever could have imagined.

yeah, how right you were. I thought we'd be servicable for this year.

the bad news is we need major o line help, rb help & qb help

the real bad news is we have no $$$$$$

the real real bad news is we didn't have to have a great offense this year to win a lot of the games we played. a descent o woulda helped win games games

Archived