Arena Football Player Gets Tryout With Jets

idahojetsfan

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/285506/group/Sports/

Former Bison lineman Tadisch to get tryout with NFL's Jets

It took three years, but Adam Tadisch is getting another shot at the NFL. The former North Dakota State offensive lineman is getting a tryout with the New York Jets on Thursday. His last NFL look was in 2007 when the Green Bay Packers gave him a tryout.

It took three years, but Adam Tadisch is getting another shot at the NFL.

The former North Dakota State offensive lineman is getting a tryout with the New York Jets on Thursday. His last NFL look was in 2007 when the Green Bay Packers gave him a tryout.

He was not signed.

He also didn

#74 Tadisch, Adam, OL

Position: OL

Date of Birth: 03/29/1984

Height: 6' 8" Weight: 325 lbs

College Experience: North Dakota State

Biography:

AFL CAREER NOTES

• Enters first season with the Cleveland Gladiators.

COLLEGE/PERSONAL NOTES

• Played for the North Dakota State Bison from 2002-2006, redshirting in 2002.

• Played in six games for the Herd as a freshman (2003), helping the offense gain 355 yards per game ...

• Started all 11 games on the offensive line in 2006; anchored an offense that averaged 34.0 points and 398 total yards per game.

• Squad finished 10-1, with its only loss coming to the University of Minnesota (10-9).

• As a junior in 2005, started in all 11 games at left guard; part of offensive line that finished No. 15 in NCAA I-AA in tackles for loss allowed (4.55 per game) and tied for No. 28 in sacks allowed per game (1.45).

• Played in all 11 games as part of the offensive line rotation in 2004; member of the frontline who paved the way for the Great West Football Conference's top rushing offense, which averaged 192.4 yards per game and 30.7 points per game overall.

• Prepped at Wausaukee High School (WI), where he was a three-year starter

• First Team All-Conference performer, team captain, and an Honorable Mention All-State selection as a senior.

• Second Team All-Conference as a junior.

• Also competed in basketball, where he was a two-year letterman

• Favorite pastimes include football, golf, baseball, fishing and hunting.

• Has one older brother and one younger brother.

• Brother Joe played football at Wisconsin-La Crosse.

• Son of Anita and the late Michael Tadisch.

Adam Tadisch

# 74

Offensive Tackle - OT

Height: 6-5 Weight: 315

Senior

Previous Affiliations

Wausaukee HS

Previous Experience

2L

Wausaukee, Wis.

Talented offensive lineman who is moving from left guard to right tackle this season ... Outstanding size and athletic ability ... Has all the tools to be a dominating offensive lineman ... 2005 SEASON (JUNIOR): Started in all 11 games at left guard ... Helped pave the way for 1,000-yard runner Kyle Steffes ... Part of offensive line that would have been No. 15 in tackles for loss allowed (4.55 tflapg) in NCAA I-AA and tied for No. 28 in sacks allowed per game (1.45 sapg) ... 2004 SEASON (SOPHOMORE): Played in all 11 games as part of the offensive line rotation ... Member of hard-working frontline who paved the way for the Great West Football Conference's top rushing offense, which averaged 192.4 yards per game and 30.7 points per game overall ... 2003 SEASON (FRESHMAN): Played in six games for the Herd, helping the offense gain 355 yards per game ... 2002 SEASON (REDSHIRT): Sat out the season as a redshirt in the Bison program ... HIGH SCHOOL: Prepped at Wausaukee High School where he was a three-year starter, a first team all-conference performer as a senior and an honorable mention all-state selection that year ... He was first team all-conference on both sides of the football, team captain, and the Lineman of the Year in the conference his senior year ... Second team all-conference as a junior ... Also competed in basketball, where he was a two-year letterman ... PERSONAL: Born March 29, 1984 ... Major field of study is recreation management ... Lists football, golf, baseball, fishing and hunting as his favorite pastimes ... Family includes one older brother and one younger brother ... Brother Joe Tadisch played football at Wisconsin-La Crosse ... Son of Anita and the late Michael Tadisch.

Tadisch hopes for an NFL call

Wausaukee native playing arena football

Tadisch

By JODY KORCH

EagleHerald sports editor

CLEVELAND - Adam Tadisch's football career has made the rounds since it began in Wausaukee.

There were stops in Fargo, Green Bay, Peoria, Ill., the Quad Cities and now in Cleveland.

He hopes to make one more stop - the NFL.

Tadisch plays left tackle for the Cleveland Gladiators of the Arena Football League. When the Arena Football League season ends, NFL teams will be a week or so into training camp. Tadisch hopes to get a call.

"I'm hoping to get something after the season - whether the NFL or UFL," Tadisch said in reference to the United Football League, a new outdoor league. "My true goal is to make it in the NFL."

The 6-foot-8, 335-pound, 26-year-old Tadisch protects the blindside of quarterback John Dutton, one of the leading passers in the AFL.

Arena football is played indoors on a smaller field, and features much more passing than running.

"It's a lot faster," according to Tadisch. "The wall is the ninth man."

Arena football is similar to minor league baseball in the crowd interaction and merchandise giveaways during timeouts.

Tadisch helped pave the way for Wausaukee's outstanding state quarterfinalist team of 2001, a season in which he earned honorable mention all-state honors.

He redshirted at NCAA Division I-AA North Dakota State in 2002. The next four seasons, he was a cornerstone for a Bison offense that excelled high in rushing offense, sacks allowed and tackles for loss allowed.

Tadisch was invited to the Green Bay Packers' rookie minicamp in 2007. That year, he played for the Green Bay Blizzard, then an Arena 2 Football League team. The Blizzard has since moved up to Arena 1.

After playing for the Blizzard, Peoria Pirates and Quad City Steamrollers, he signed with Cleveland in the offseason. Teams fly on long trips to games and ride charter busses for short trips.

He spent the last offseason living with a friend in Springfield, Mo.

"Who knows where I'll be this year," he said.

Tadisch says playing left tackle in the AFL is more of a guard set than a tackle set. "It's 1-on-1 blocking most of the time," he said.

To reach the next level, Tadisch says he just has to stay healthy and keep working hard.

"Just finish the season strong and hopefully get my foot in the door," he said.

He is the son of Anita and the late Mike Tadisch of Wausaukee.

The idea that we are looking at the Arena League for O linemen is scaring me a little bit after cutting Faneca, having Slausson on the roster and drafting Ducasse to be honest.

You took the words right out of my mouth an arena league lineman to help protect our 50 million dollar QB. Just a bit concerning. Slausen has to be like "what the hell am I that bad?"

I really doubt the front office wants this guy to start.

But injuries do happen and linemen get tired so he would eventually get in there to sub and all it takes is one play. This is not the arena league like the kid said this game is fast and these guys get paid to eat your lunch

Can anyone that really watches the Oline answer a question for me. Obviously Brick took a step back when we lost Kendall. Then it seemed like he came into his own when we picked up Faneca. Do you think that Brick is good enough now to not only hold his own but to make up for some rookie LG mistakes? Because if the answer isn't yes we should have resigned Mangold and waited a year on Brick.

Can anyone that really watches the Oline answer a question for me. Obviously Brick took a step back when we lost Kendall. Then it seemed like he came into his own when we picked up Faneca. Do you think that Brick is good enough now to not only hold his own but to make up for some rookie LG mistakes? Because if the answer isn't yes we should have resigned Mangold and waited a year on Brick.

To be truthful I think only this up and coming season will tell the tale. I want to say yes, but when it comes to zone blocking schemes and what have you that takes time to build that confidence with your guard. Some linemen have worked together so long they can feel what their guard or tackle is going to do if there is a run blitz or who to pick up in the 3-4 due to it unpredictablility and with a rookie at the LG that could get some back killed

Brick is one of the top LT

I agree, this season is going to tell the tale. Mangold is arguably the best Center in the league. I don't hear Bricks name metioned when people talk about the best LT's. I think we should have waited a year and see what he does with a rookie LG before we resigned him.

I agree, this season is going to tell the tale. Mangold is arguably the best Center in the league. I don't hear Bricks name metioned when people talk about the best LT's. I think we should have waited a year and see what he does with a rookie LG before we resigned him.

I said the same lock up Mangold he is the key we were blessed to have Mawae now Mangold? You have got to keep those guys happy. Thomas Jones wasn't that great of a runner high grass can tackle this guys sometimes and that will be seen in KC this year it was our OL with 4 freakin first rounders that was the star I understand Faneca was getting long in the tooth, but you pay the man and slowly bring this rookie in the fold don't ruin a good thing

Dont get me wrong, I like Brick. But if the owners get an 18% reduction in the cap, his hit will be almost 10% of the cap. If he goes from very good to average after losing Faneca that contract will be a joke. We can cut him if he blows this year with no consequence to us at the end of this year though right? I thought I read that was part of his contract.

Dont get me wrong, I like Brick. But if the owners get an 18% reduction in the cap, his hit will be almost 10% of the cap. If he goes from very good to average after losing Faneca that contract will be a joke. We can cut him if he blows this year with no consequence to us at the end of this year though right? I thought I read that was part of his contract.

I doubt Brick

False.

The Jets offered team friendly terms. D'Brick accepted so he's signed. Revis was insulted, so he didn't. I'm sure they'd rather lock up Revis and Mangold, but considering the price the team absolutely did the right thing. You were not replacing Ferguson so easily.

False.

The Jets offered team friendly terms. D'Brick accepted so he's signed. Revis was insulted, so he didn't. I'm sure they'd rather lock up Revis and Mangold, but considering the price the team absolutely did the right thing. You were not replacing Ferguson so easily.

Even with that said, the question is would you lock up Mangold or Brick first? Do you take a chance on Mangold an all-pro and sign Brick instead? It didn't matter who was next to Nick on either side of him nor who lined up over him and remember the AFC has some talented and Hefty NT the kid did his job

Even with that said, the question is would you lock up Mangold or Brick first? Do you take a chance on Mangold an all-pro and sign Brick instead? It didn't matter who was next to Nick on either side of him nor who lined up over him and remember the AFC has some talented and Hefty NT the kid did his job

How the hell is that the question? You sign the one that will sign a team friendly contract first. You can sign one, both or either. I specifically said that I thought the team would prefer to lockup Revis and Mangold first. Better players, top of their positions = harder to lockup.

How the hell is that the question? You sign the one that will sign a team friendly contract first. You can sign one, both or either. I specifically said that I thought the team would prefer to lockup Revis and Mangold first. Better players, top of their positions = harder to lockup.

Was Mangold offered a team friendly contract?

Was Mangold offered a team friendly contract?

Maybe. Not everybody offer is announced. It's quite possible that they discussed parameters and were too far apart for an offer. We don't know, but I think it's kind of silly about locking up a high quality, durable, young player at team friendly price. That's like the Broncos complaining that they drafted Elway when they could have had Marino.

Maybe. Not everybody offer is announced. It's quite possible that they discussed parameters and were too far apart for an offer. We don't know, but I think it's kind of silly about locking up a high quality, durable, young player at team friendly price. That's like the Broncos complaining that they drafted Elway when they could have had Marino.

Ok lets compare apples to apples we don't know if Mangold was even offered a "team friendly" contract that is the X factor I would imagine that they would have he is an all-pro in the AFC we really need both a lot of 3-4 is run and the NT are hefty his talent is in question surrounding his contract without him being next to a probowler at guard. So if he get destroyed this yr because he has a rookie next to him then is the team friendly contract worth it? Remember before Allan got to NY Brick took a step back he was getting it handed to him in a brown paper bag

Ok lets compare apples to apples we don't know if Mangold was even offered a "team friendly" contract that is the X factor I would imagine that they would have he is an all-pro in the AFC we really need both a lot of 3-4 is run and the NT are hefty his talent is in question surrounding his contract without him being next to a probowler at guard. So if he get destroyed this yr because he has a rookie next to him then is the team friendly contract worth it? Remember before Allan got to NY Brick took a step back he was getting it handed to him in a brown paper bag

So your assertion is that Ferguson will likely not be worth his contract because he doesn't have Faneca? I would love Mangold and he's a better C than Brick is LT, but 3-4 division or not, I think LT is more important than C. I'd have preferred to lockup Mangold, but not by that much and I'm happy Ferguson got this deal. I don't think he took that big a step back in '07 and if this is your argument your complaint should be about them cutting Faneca loose rather than signing D'Brick.

So your assertion is that Ferguson will likely not be worth his contract because he doesn't have Faneca? I would love Mangold and he's a better C than Brick is LT, but 3-4 division or not, I think LT is more important than C. I'd have preferred to lockup Mangold, but not by that much and I'm happy Ferguson got this deal. I don't think he took that big a step back in '07 and if this is your argument your complaint should be about them cutting Faneca loose rather than signing D'Brick.

I think them cutting Faneca loose was a very bad idea no doubt I am glad he signed as well, but I would have like to have waited till next yr and have this yr to see his performance without a pro bowler next to him. It's like I can open a can of tomatoes better with a can opener then I can with a rock. The job gets done but at what cost? And the LT is more important the a center because of his blindside and RT if your QB is a lefty, but with the advent of the 3-4 you now have pure athletes coming off the edge like Terrell Suggs, DeMarcus Ware, Lamarr Woodley, and these guys are lined up next to De that are equally as talented and since you don't know who is coming it makes that LT that much more valuable. That is why the argument is "Can he do it without a pro-bowler next to him"

I think them cutting Faneca loose was a very bad idea no doubt I am glad he signed as well, but I would have like to have waited till next yr and have this yr to see his performance without a pro bowler next to him. It's like I can open a can of tomatoes better with a can opener then I can with a rock. The job gets done but at what cost? And the LT is more important the a center because of his blindside and RT if your QB is a lefty, but with the advent of the 3-4 you now have pure athletes coming off the edge like Terrell Suggs, DeMarcus Ware, Lamarr Woodley, and these guys are lined up next to De that are equally as talented and since you don't know who is coming it makes that LT that much more valuable. That is why the argument is "Can he do it without a pro-bowler next to him"

I don't think this deal can in any way cripple the team going forward and I'm happy with it. I don't think they can find a better LT at or near the price and I think Faneca was wildly overrated during his time with the Jets, but I could be wrong. I'm trusting their judgement on this one, particularly since they'd know if Faneca fit in with the new schemes. I was very much against ditching Kendall and I was right about that, so maybe you are right here.

I don't think this deal can in any way cripple the team going forward and I'm happy with it. I don't think they can find a better LT at or near the price and I think Faneca was wildly overrated during his time with the Jets, but I could be wrong. I'm trusting their judgement on this one, particularly since they'd know if Faneca fit in with the new schemes. I was very much against ditching Kendall and I was right about that, so maybe you are right here.

Only time will tell I am hoping like hell I am wrong and history won't repeat itself like it did back then but he should be OK if Vlad or Slausen show up and help the guy out I hate when players dont carry their load and it makes another player look bad

Did this actually turn into a legitimate thread? Wow.

Yeah I know right that felt good to have a actual football conversation without us yelling and arguing about stupidness that is one thing about us jets fans we know our football

Archived