Revis camp has submitted written offer to Jets

Jetfan13

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would just love for Tanny to ring up Revis while Monday Night Countdown is on week one.

"Hello Darrelle, hope you're watching the game. Anyways I want to put all this nonsense behind us. I have a new offer that I think you'll find interesting. 5 years - $10million. No hurry by the way, take your time and get back to me in say, around 4 years. Ciao."

If I were the Jets and it came to that, I would politely ask why nobody bothered to step in when this thing started to go downhill in the first place?

Further, if the NFL was going to force the Jets to accept compensation, what would that be?

Franchise tag is 2 first rounders, so I'd think it's only fair that the Jets get that at a minimum and probably more, since their hand is being forced.

Further, if the NFL was going to force the Jets to accept compensation, what would that be?

Franchise tag is 2 first rounders, so I'd think it's only fair that the Jets get that at a minimum and probably more, since their hand is being forced.

great point EY that I hadn't seen anybody else make

In everything that I have read, the sticking point seems to be guaranteed money. Metha's article from the 4th seems to indicate that the front office still isn't willing to guarantee a large portion of the salary. I hate the holdout ... but really think most of this talk is posturing and that Revis will be back in the fold before the first game. He stands to loose to much as the Jets really could pull a detroit and "Barry Sanders" him (the league never stepped in there). And he is a very valuable asset. This is a whole lot of chest puffing. Chris Johnson was saying the same crap a month ago. He'll be back this season.

They need to get the deal done and do it now. There is no way the Jets are going to get remotely close to where they were last year without Revis. Woody needs to pay up if he wants a shot at the title.

fair comment, but pay what?

what would you pay? Raider money? what if revis turned down 14 m year and 30-40 mill bonus? do u agree with him still holding out?

until we have proof of what is on table we really cant judge Jets or Revis.

Mangold's getting his deal but the Jets can't do it until they know for sure what they are doing with Revis-and Mangold knows it. Also-Harris needs to be signed and either Santonio or Edwards or both

I hear ya, but will mangold get his great deal if he blows his knee out in next 18 weeks?

Jets would never release him SJ-and with Nick's work ethis who wants to bet against him coming back

that wasnt my point..if he stayshelathy all year i agree, he gets a contract thats is worthy of best center in league and a huge guaranteed signing bonus...IF he gets a horrific career ending injury, does he still get that??? of course not..

i am not arguing for aholdout, i agree with honoring contract,,but realize if mangold gets career end injury, he will never realize his huge payday

What can they do about though? The contract is there in writing. I say we do it, are they going to take legal action? Like there's a chance in hell that would stand up.

TO didn't have a choice, he didn't hold out from the Eagles, he was punished. Are we really punishing Revis? Or is he punishing himself...Revis has the power to end this at any given time. That's the ultimate difference to the two situations.

The Jets are supposed to honor the years of Revis's contract with higher dollars and sit back and do nothing when he sits out the one down-year of his contract?

The deal Revis signed was 6 years $36M, not 3 years $15M or 5 years $35M (if he just sits out this year) or (if he sits out 2010 and 2011) 4 years $30M.

The Jets are supposed to honor the years of Revis's contract with higher dollars and sit back and do nothing when he sits out the one down-year of his contract?

The deal Revis signed was 6 years $36M, not 3 years $15M or 5 years $35M (if he just sits out this year) or (if he sits out 2010 and 2011) 4 years $30M.

ya thats the thing that gets me..he gets 1 m 2010, but 20 m over next 2 years..

so he holds out in 1 down year of his 6 yr deal..

why doesnt he just demand 1 yr deal form now on,,it would be more 'honest'

lets face it, this guy (and Uncle Turd-Sean) will probably hold out in every deal he ever signs

Archived