Revis camp has submitted written offer to Jets

Jetfan13

They need to get the deal done and do it now. There is no way the Jets are going to get remotely close to where they were last year without Revis. Woody needs to pay up if he wants a shot at the title.

Do we want to find out by not contending for a title? Revis was a primary reason for the post season success. We need him on the field.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I will tell you is this: Regardless of whether a deal can be worked out or not, I would NEVER draft or sign another Schwartz/Feingold client. They have shown themselves to be untrustworthy.

I used to be like that, boycott this agent, boycott that agent. Then I realized if you did that you rule out too many players to make it work.

I'd love to hear his demands. Still not sure how much of this is a ploy and I do wonder if Hard Knocks is playing into this situation.

So frustrated with this all. We finally have something special here and we have 1 punk malcontent who is ruining what should be an offseason preparing for a SB run with the most talented roster of my life time. Instead, we have this huge distraction.

Its officially my wish to win a SB without the service the great Darrelle Mevi$.

I'd love to hear his demands. Still not sure how much of this is a ploy and I do wonder if Hard Knocks is playing into this situation.

So frustrated with this all. We finally have something special here and we have 1 punk malcontent who is ruining what should be an offseason preparing for a SB run with the most talented roster of my life time. Instead, we have this huge distraction.

Its officially my wish to win a SB without the service the great Darrelle Mevi$.

I think its more of a distraction for the fans than anything happening on the field. The band marches on.

The Jets arent going to stop practicing because Darrelle Revis is holding out.

I think its more of a distraction for the fans than anything happening on the field. The band marches on.

The Jets arent going to stop practicing because Darrelle Revis is holding out.

I realize that...I've been saying that all along...still think it definitely plays a factor. We were practicing as if he was returning. Changes things, so it throws things is bit off course of second. Up to Rex to bring it all together which I think he can. The Jets can win without Mevi$. Just sucks this is going on for everyone, players included.

Do we want to find out by not contending for a title?

And who says? I'd be curious to see the Jets win more than 9 games and two playoff games without Beavis.

Imagine that, Sanchez saying "I'm going to Disney World!" meanwhile Beavis and Fat Gilbert are licking bacon grease off their fingers crying in their beers.

I realize that...I've been saying that all along...still think it definitely plays a factor. We were practicing as if he was returning. Changes things, so it throws things is bit off course of second. Up to Rex to bring it all together which I think he can. The Jets can win without Mevi$. Just sucks this is going on for everyone, players included.

Exactly right JiF-his concern is about "doing what's best for his family" what about his teammates' families and the $$ a Super Bowl would bring to them in checks and endorsement deals? I've seen the way NYC reacts to a Jets Championship team before-I'm talking television shows and tons of commercials for all. But no, it has top be all about Darrelle

Bahh ... this is a lot of posturing by both sides. Revision is being greedy. Tanny and Woody are being shy about getting the core four resigned (see D'Brick's hosing of a contract and no progress on Mangold, or Harris) with the lack of a cba. Revis is playing for peanuts and he was promised a new deal. It's just a perfect storm that has created this bad situation (Hard Knocks hanging around probably doesn't help either).

In spite of all this, for the reasons many of you all list ... it makes to much sense to get a deal done before the season. It'll happen. Patience.

Bahh ... this is a lot of posturing by both sides. Revision is being greedy. Tanny and Woody are being shy about getting the core four resigned (see D'Brick's hosing of a contract and no progress on Mangold, or Harris) with the lack of a cba. Revis is playing for peanuts and he was promised a new deal. It's just a perfect storm that has created this bad situation (Hard Knocks hanging around probably doesn't help either).

In spite of all this, for the reasons many of you all list ... it makes to much sense to get a deal done before the season. It'll happen. Patience.

1) Show me where revis was PROMISED a new deal. Most likely scenario is Revis' agent calling, and Tannenbaum saying we'd consider doing something.

2) Revis is NOT playing for peanuts. He has 11M up front that he HELD OUT FOR a few years ago. He also gave up 20M in guarantees in 2011 and 2012 (idiot).

1) Show me where revis was PROMISED a new deal. Most likely scenario is Revis' agent calling, and Tannenbaum saying we'd consider doing something.

2) Revis is NOT playing for peanuts. He has 11M up front that he HELD OUT FOR a few years ago. He also gave up 20M in guarantees in 2011 and 2012 (idiot).

Its no use arguing with the Revis crowd. They don't understand.

Then honestly, the Jets should ensure that he played his last game in the NFL as well. With only 1M due to him whenever he returns, there's no reason to trade him.

I actually thought the same myself. Granted it may not be the best business decision, but if I was Woody I would have a hard time not saying at a future press conference that if Revis decided he wasn't going to play for the Jets this year then he won't be playing in the NFL for as long as I have any control over it.

Then honestly, the Jets should ensure that he played his last game in the NFL as well. With only 1M due to him whenever he returns, there's no reason to trade him.

I really can't emphasize just how much I want to see the Jets play this card. Revis doesn't have the leverage that Asomugha had in 2009 and if he's really going to sit out, let him find out exactly why he didn't have that leverage. If we do, he'll never see the money he was after, his career will all but fall apart and the Jets will move on. Maybe not as SB winners, maybe not even as contenders but we will move on. It's just the ultimate way to show Revis and every other athlete what happens when you think you're bigger than a team.

and ftr.. I say let Revis sit out for 4 years. whatever the Jets do, please dont trade him. just let him sweat it out. he will cave. but um uh it would help if somebody would put a muzzle in fatsos mouth.

and ftr.. I say let Revis sit out for 4 years. whatever the Jets do, please dont trade him. just let him sweat it out. he will cave. but um uh it would help if somebody would put a muzzle in fatsos mouth.

Without commenting on your shot at Rex I completely agree.

He HAS to cave, this is where we have to use our leverage, let him sit and think about the money he's throwing away as he watches his teammates fight on without him every Sunday.

Without commenting on your shot at Rex I completely agree.

He HAS to cave, this is where we have to use our leverage, let him sit and think about the money he's throwing away as he watches his teammates fight on without him every Sunday.

yea IJ if he actually 'cared' about his teammates then he'd be IN Cortland right now-like Nick Mangold is. Nick's not happy but he said the team needs him to mentor a new LG so he is sucking it up and will worry about the new contract later.

yea IJ if he actually 'cared' about his teammates then he'd be IN Cortland right now-like Nick Mangold is. Nick's not happy but he said the team needs him to mentor a new LG so he is sucking it up and will worry about the new contract later.

If it were up to me I'd give Mangold his deal on the spot!

That kind of leadership and loyalty is rare in sports. It would also send a message to sofa boy about what the Jets think of his antics.

If it were up to me I'd give Mangold his deal on the spot!

That kind of leadership and loyalty is rare in sports. It would also send a message to sofa boy about what the Jets think of his antics.

Mangold's getting his deal but the Jets can't do it until they know for sure what they are doing with Revis-and Mangold knows it. Also-Harris needs to be signed and either Santonio or Edwards or both

Mangold's getting his deal but the Jets can't do it until they know for sure what they are doing with Revis-and Mangold knows it. Also-Harris needs to be signed and either Santonio or Edwards or both

Regardless of what happens with Revis - Mangold gets his deal.

As for the others, that depends. If Revis holds out, he's dead to me and I'd assume the Jets would let him rot away, which I'd support 100%.

Then I'd prioritise the two WR's over Harris, who, although I like, I think we could easily replace.

I actually thought the same myself. Granted it may not be the best business decision, but if I was Woody I would have a hard time not saying at a future press conference that if Revis decided he wasn't going to play for the Jets this year then he won't be playing in the NFL for as long as I have any control over it.

It's a good business decision because as the owner of the business, you say that no employee is bigger than the business, and that no employee will hold the business hostage.

It's a good business decision because as the owner of the business, you say that no employee is bigger than the business, and that no employee will hold the business hostage.

Exactly, Jets are setting a precedent here, especially with all the contracts that are coming up.

How long can we keep him for? I've seen both 3 and 4 years been thrown around. The longer the better.

How long can we keep him for? I've seen both 3 and 4 years been thrown around. The longer the better.

Forever, so long as he doesn't report.

If he reports tomorrow, he has 3 years left on his deal.

If he reports Wednesday, he loses a year towards free agency and it's 4 years.

Granted, but the players are more likely to respond negatively than positively, plus you're getting no further return on your investment. However, in all likelihood it would never be allowed to come to that. The NFL and more importantly the NFLPA would get intimately involved before they ever allowed the Jets do anything like that. Let's not forget the big stink that was made of the Eagles making TO inactive for the rest of the season at the end of his run there, and that was only a few weeks, not years. This is the same NFL that forced the Jets to come to a deal that allowed Belichick to coach in NE. Trust me, if he's not coming back to the Jets then there's nothing more I'd like to see than him rot, but it's never going to happen.

Granted, but the players are more likely to respond negatively than positively, plus you're getting no further return on your investment. However, in all likelihood it would never be allowed to come to that. The NFL and more importantly the NFLPA would get intimately involved before they ever allowed the Jets do anything like that. Let's not forget the big stink that was made of the Eagles making TO inactive for the rest of the season at the end of his run there, and that was only a few weeks, not years. This is the same NFL that forced the Jets to come to a deal that allowed Belichick to coach in NE. Trust me, if he's not coming back to the Jets then there's nothing more I'd like to see than him rot, but it's never going to happen.

What can they do about though? The contract is there in writing. I say we do it, are they going to take legal action? Like there's a chance in hell that would stand up.

TO didn't have a choice, he didn't hold out from the Eagles, he was punished. Are we really punishing Revis? Or is he punishing himself...Revis has the power to end this at any given time. That's the ultimate difference to the two situations.

What can they do about though? The contract is there in writing. I say we do it, are they going to take legal action? Like there's a chance in hell that would stand up.

TO didn't have a choice, he didn't hold out from the Eagles, he was punished. Are we really punishing Revis? Or is he punishing himself...Revis has the power to end this at any given time. That's the ultimate difference to the two situations.

Exactly.

The Eagles said 'No Thanks' to TO. The Jets want Revis back tomorrow. Revis is the one deciding he wont play.

If I were the Jets and it came to that, I would politely ask why nobody bothered to step in when this thing started to go downhill in the first place?

Exactly.

The Eagles said 'No Thanks' to TO. The Jets want Revis back tomorrow. Revis is the one deciding he wont play.

I hear what you guys are saying, and I don't disagree the law would be on the Jets side in this regard, and there's certainly nothing that's going to happen now. However, if a year from the Jets are unwilling to do anything with him, but let him sit and rot, you better believe that there will be serious efforts made by the NFL and NFLPA to put the pressure on the Jets to do something with him. Ultimately could they probably ignore both groups and have the legal right to do whatever they want? Sure, but it wouldn't be pretty and right or wrong, would probably cause them serious issues in future dealings with players, agents and the NFLPA. Even if the Jets were willing to bite the bullet on not getting any compensation in return for Revis, I can't see them fighting against all of that, as much as I may wish they would.

I hear what you guys are saying, and I don't disagree the law would be on the Jets side in this regard, and there's certainly nothing that's going to happen now. However, if a year from the Jets are unwilling to do anything with him, but let him sit and rot, you better believe that there will be serious efforts made by the NFL and NFLPA to put the pressure on the Jets to do something with him. Ultimately could they probably ignore both groups and have the legal right to do whatever they want? Sure, but it wouldn't be pretty and right or wrong, would probably cause them serious issues in future dealings with players, agents and the NFLPA. Even if the Jets were willing to bite the bullet on not getting any compensation in return for Revis, I can't see them fighting against all of that, as much as I may wish they would.

it will NEVER EVER EVER come to that-it would be a public relations nightmare that the league would never let happen. Revis, if he sits out the 2010 season will be dealt the second the season ends for some good compensation that the Jets are happy with which should include a CB a DE and a #1 2010 DP

Darrelle can use this year to spend some more of the $11 Million that he held out for before he signed. Really, these goofy athletes who game the system should get real. The more I hear about this, the more I think his agents planned this all along. Regardless, with this year's $1MM Revis would average $4MM per for 3 years on a rookie contract. Maybe he blew the #11MM already.

it will NEVER EVER EVER come to that-it would be a public relations nightmare that the league would never let happen. Revis, if he sits out the 2010 season will be dealt the second the season ends for some good compensation that the Jets are happy with which should include a CB a DE and a #1 2010 DP

They have no choice but to let it happen if the Jets push hard enough.

Archived