Tin Knicky- New Jets Linebacker

Kentucky Jet

Draft Diamond: Tim Knicky of Stephen F. Austin

Written by Justin Van Fulpen Tuesday, 13 April 2010 07:02

Stephen F. Austin defensive end Tim Knicky is one of the small school diamonds in the rough for the 2010 NFL Draft. Some fans might not know about him, but NFL scouts sure do. Those scouts showed up for Knicky’s pro day, where he measured in at 6’4”, 252 pounds and ran the 40-yard dash in 4.63-to-4.67 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.12 seconds, and the three-cone drill in 6.91 seconds. He measured a 33.5” vertical jump, a 9’8” broad jump and benched 225 pounds 17 times.

“I am glad that the pro day stuff is over. Now I can get back to being a football player, not a track guy,” Knicky said.

Knicky showed NFL scouts that he can be an outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense with his pro day workout.

“Most teams are looking at me as a 3-4 outside linebacker, but there are some that think I can play 4-3 defensive end if I gain some weight,” said Knicky. “I didn’t drop a lot in college, but playing in the Texas vs. the Nation Game helped show scouts that I can drop into coverage and move around.”

Knicky had a very productive college career and as a junior was an AP Third-Team All-America selection. He finished eighth in the nation in tackles for losses and fifth in the country in sacks. He had 74 total tackles, 20.5 tackles for loss and 12 sacks. This past season he registered 41 total tackles, 15 tackles for loss and 12.5 sacks.

He isn’t worried about draft day and what will happen; he is just looking forward to getting to work.

“I know if I worry about it, that isn’t going to get me drafted, or drafted any higher,” said Knicky. “If I get drafted or sign as a free-agent, I need to go in there and work and make my name then.”

With a number of teams moving to the 3-4 defense, Knicky’s pass rushing skills will be in high demand and he already has a few visits set up with NFL teams. Look for Knicky to be drafted by a team that plays a 3-4 defense when draft weekend rolls around.

Here are some highlights. The comments are pretty funny. He looks tiny, but supposedly put on some weight.

I dunno, the kid seems like he's got some some skills, but he gets struck by lightening way too much for my taste. I say give him a one-year deal and some rubber underpants and we'll see how it goes.

I dunno, the kid seems like he's got some some skills, but he gets struck by lightening way too much for my taste. I say give him a one-year deal and some rubber underpants and we'll see how it goes.

Get another pair of rubber drawers for me. I peed myself -- again -- reading your post.

Yeah, I think this was my favorite comment:

His ability to control lightning is amazing. He's like a Greek god!

Archived