No one wants to say it? I will.. Mark Sanchez is OVERRATED

Ghost

Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Sean Salisbury, Rodney Peete, Pat Haden, Matt Cassel, Bill Nelsen, Pete Beathard, Vince Evans, Paul McDonald, Todd Marinovich, Rob Johnson, John David Booty.

These USC QBs all sucked except for CP.

Sanchez continues the trend.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's only in the start of his 2nd season, and you guys are rating him by his preseason performances anyways. 13/21 139 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT isn't bad at all. It's not good, but it's not as bad as everyone seems to think.

Are you 12 years old? 139 yards for a QB is like 30 for a runningback. We couldn't move the ball on offense AT ALL. Go play with your Yugo cards.

in the sense that Jets fans are expecting him to be awesome, WE are overrating him.

when another team sees the Jets on the schedule, and the defensive coordinator has to break down how to beat Mark Sanchez, I don't think they rate him so highly. He's got flaws and they are known.

Can he overcome these flaws? Yes but he hasn't yet. Stay tuned but after 3 preseason games there's not a heck of alot to love there about Sanchez's game.

in the sense that Jets fans are expecting him to be awesome, WE are overrating him.

when another team sees the Jets on the schedule, and the defensive coordinator has to break down how to beat Mark Sanchez, I don't think they rate him so highly. He's got flaws and they are known.

Can he overcome these flaws? Yes but he hasn't yet. Stay tuned but after 3 preseason games there's not a heck of alot to love there about Sanchez's game.

How bad was he last year? Because Rex Ryan and the coaching staff make it seem like he progressed a whole lot and it he looks like he's still a rookie.

I forgot who said it, but some analyst pointed out that Sanchez's problem was that he couldn't throw to his left. Then I remembered the last QB I heard had that problem was Rick Mirer. Then I cried.

How bad was he last year? Because Rex Ryan and the coaching staff make it seem like he progressed a whole lot and it he looks like he's still a rookie.

its a good question and the short answer is he was very good and very bad at times last year. He passed for a ton of yards and also a ton of interceptions.

I fear that Rex and Schotty overrate their own player as well or at least participate in wishful thinking. Sanchez likely will be a very good player in year 6. in year 1 and 2 it's an adventure.

its a good question and the short answer is he was very good and very bad at times last year. He passed for a ton of yards and also a ton of interceptions.

I fear that Rex and Schotty overrate their own player as well or at least participate in wishful thinking. Sanchez likely will be a very good player in year 6. in year 1 and 2 it's an adventure.

We need him to step up. This is going to be the best team the Jets have had in years.

We need him to step up. This is going to be the best team the Jets have had in years.

hope. they are hoping for a big step up.

hope in one hand piss in the other, see which fills up first

I think even a carefully managed RYG sanchez (plus Revis) is good enough for 9 or 10 wins. It's not 14-2 but I'll take it.

Archived