No one wants to say it? I will.. Mark Sanchez is OVERRATED

Ghost

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good call, what with USC games being the victim of limited broadcasts and all.

lol, i was thinking the same thing. I had never actually heard of USC until we drafted Sanchez...thank god for the Jets or I wouldn't even have known there were other divisions in the NFL.

You guys don't think he's being overrated by the entire team? I'm talking about Woody, Tanny, Rex, the coaches, and the ******* players. All I hear is how good Sanchez is looking in camp and how he's going to be a the leader. In the words of Rex Ryan, **** THAT.

I don't think he looked good, but I don't think he looked quite so bad as people are making it out to be. He threw one pick.. no biggie. He also led a touchdown drive, so that's that. His yardage was low, but completion percentage was high. Not inspiring by any means, but not the end of the world either... not by any means.

Something that concerns me is the way that he checks down. He's doing it a lot more now, which is good, but he occasionally makes really strange decisions. A few times tonight (as with last week), he threw to his back when the back is covered and there's even a 2nd defender in the area. Even if the back catches the ball, he's going to get POPPED and either take a loss or worse yet, fumble the ball. Why he's doing this is a mystery, since it would be better to throw it away instead.

Mark Sanchez is being overrated by Rex Ryan and some New York Jets fans, other than that all I here from most reporters and NFL guys and other citys fans is how he is going to be an OK QB not great not turrible just OK so its us in these threads and our head coach that overrate him no one else. That being said atleast Henne is being overrated by all the same people who I said dont overrate Sanchez (I think Henne is better in every aspect of the game except the intagible and pressure department, where Sanchez has proven he can atleast deal with it where Henne folded).

thanks for this, was just going to tell the admin to delete my account after reading the first few pages of this sh*t thread.

That's almost the equivalent of pushing "9" to end the call instead of hanging up.

Why not avoid the unmanlike fingernail politics and quietly leave? Just a thought ...

Not that I care either way.

Getchasef a $25,000 PSL. Be the biggest, realest fan you can be.

In all seriousness, is it just me or does Sanchez's arm strength look actually weaker than it did last year?

He looks more confused. It seems like Schotty is calling basic plays out there. I don't know whether that's a good thing or not because we can't execute them anyway.

He looks more confused. It seems like Schotty is calling basic plays out there. I don't know whether that's a good thing or not because we can't execute them anyway.

His arm is fine. He doesn't underthrow.

The offense has long periods of zero sync and rhythm. The result of poor preparation.

Many drops by receivers, which is new for the Jets.

As always, poorly designed plays used in wrong situations is on Shoddy.

good point

it has to be the most vanilla offense I can remember, but you still have to block and throw and catch

I wouldn't anticipate much happening until his 3rd or 4th year and that may be premature, barring a small miracle.

I agree. I think he's going to get a lot better come his 3rd and 4th year, but we need Sanchez to step up THIS season.

Archived