You know what makes me mad...

Integrity28

You're saying this based on what...5/6 quarters spread over 3 games in the preseason? Break me off a piece of that KitKat bar broski.

Gato Mon - you and I are most often polar opposites on personnel and things in general. You're all about Kerry Rhodes - I'm all about seeing Kerry Rhodes' picture in the Post in a compromising position with his pre-op "friend". I do think that will happen ultimately. Bout the only thing we have in common is the curse of being Jets/Cubs fans. That's some bad sh*t to be stricken with, but the consequent bond that creates will allow us to think quite differently and still co-exist and cheer on the wretched franchise's we so love. Rock out with your _____ _____. Cheers :cheers:

He doesn't actually play on Sundays. What Jets offense since '02 and '04 has been operated competently by a healthy QB?

The problem isn't the playcalling. The problem doesn't even exist yet this year because it's preseason.

This from the same guy that defended Mangini's incompetence. This one's for you Chica:

Mangini_Porky.jpg

Pennington, Favre, Clemens and Sanchez have all played awful in this offense. AWFUL.

I typically blame players for lack of execution, except in cases where there is a history of VERY competent players (Pennington, Favre) who can execute... then I have to look at the architect behind what they are being asked to do.

This from the same guy that defended Mangini's incompetence. This one's for you Chica:

Pennington, Favre, Clemens and Sanchez have all played awful in this offense. AWFUL.

I typically blame players for lack of execution, except in cases where there is a history of VERY competent players (Pennington, Favre) who can execute... then I have to look at the architect behind what they are being asked to do.

Didn't know the Great Gatster was loving the Magina too - but it figures. Thank God he was doing that elsewhere and we weren't subjected to it. He's best known here for lovin Mama Rhodes' little sissy boy Kerry.

Didn't know the Great Gatster was loving the Magina too - but it figures. Thank God he was doing that elsewhere and we weren't subjected to it. He's best known here for lovin Mama Rhodes' little sissy boy Kerry.

Gato / Chica is addicted to arguing the counter-point of whatever it is seems to be a widely accepted and embraced opinion within the fanbase.

Basically, he's one of those self-appointed "circle jerk" breaker-uppers... but mostly, he's just a guy that loses a lot of arguments.

The Jets were getting outplayed on both sides of the ball tonight. Not quite sure how that's Schott's fault?

Sanchez looks like a master of panic out there and his timing with receivers consistently off. The defense looked like a big pile of suck as well - no pass rush and they let sexy rexy light them up with journeyman receivers.

This team looks like absolute crap. Too much talking not enough physical play.

So, what you're saying is.......SOJ?

This offense didn't work with Pennington, it didn't work with Favre, it certainly didn't work with Clemens and its not working with Sanchez.

Pennington and Favre respectively had some of the worst seasons of their careers in this mess of an offense.

I've been saying it since Mangini's first year as head coach. I HATE this offense... and its over-complicated, yet amazingly predictable theatrics. This is nothing new from me... just earlier than anticipated. Usually I can hold off on the criticism of Schitt for Brains until week 4 or so.

Oh well.

I tend to agree with you most of the time because you have such integrity Mr. 28. But on this one I have to say you're wrong. This has nothing to do with Shotty. First off look at the names that you mentioned. Pennington was pretty good when he was on the field, made the playoffs and all in the Shotty system, then the following year he breaks his arm. Nothing has chanced with that in Miami. Favre NEVER wanted to be a Jet, but to keep it honest, we were 8-3 with Favre at one point and that was after he hurt his arm in that Oakland game. Favre was playing injured from that moment on for the rest of the season and it showed. Not to mention that he didnt even know the entire playbook. And the last game against Miami was destined to happen. We had an injured player in Favre going against Pennington who have practiced everyday for years with the offense and against the defense. He knew what direction of the defense was soft etc. He had an inside knowledge of the offensive playbook as well so that helped out Miami's defense.

As for Clemens, Clemens had happy feet. Granted the offensive line wasnt as solid then as it was now, but Clemens problem wasnt solely the pocket, it was the inability to throw a catchable ball. Everyone dropped his passes for some reason.

Its funny how Shotty is to blame but his playcalling got us pretty far in the playoffs, and if it wasnt for Greene going down in that Colt game we would have been in the SB.

Mangini_Porky.jpg

The offenses ran fine when Pennington, Favre, and Clemens played well, as any offense tends to do. In '09 the QB didn't play all that well in the big picture and the offense got the job done because the players themselves were better players. It comes down to the players doing what they have to do.

Edit: Eric Mangini is the mf'ing man. Cleveland football is gonna be back on the map.

Archived