You know what makes me mad...

Integrity28

The Jets were getting outplayed on both sides of the ball tonight. Not quite sure how that's Schott's fault?

Sanchez looks like a master of panic out there and his timing with receivers consistently off. The defense looked like a big pile of suck as well - no pass rush and they let sexy rexy light them up with journeyman receivers.

This team looks like absolute crap. Too much talking not enough physical play.

Sounds like we need another whose fault is it poll/thread.

Sanchez?

Schotty?

Tanny?

Favre?

Mangini?

or

Revis?

This offense didn't work with Pennington, it didn't work with Favre, it certainly didn't work with Clemens and its not working with Sanchez.

Pennington and Favre respectively had some of the worst seasons of their careers in this mess of an offense.

I've been saying it since Mangini's first year as head coach. I HATE this offense... and its over-complicated, yet amazingly predictable theatrics. This is nothing new from me... just earlier than anticipated. Usually I can hold off on the criticism of Schitt for Brains until week 4 or so.

Oh well.

The Jets were getting outplayed on both sides of the ball tonight. Not quite sure how that's Schott's fault?

Sanchez looks like a master of panic out there and his timing with receivers consistently off. The defense looked like a big pile of suck as well - no pass rush and they let sexy rexy light them up with journeyman receivers.

? Both sides?

Then why do they have 110 more yards of total offense?

This is also a very valid and seemingly real observation.

Thank God for fantasy football. Ugh.

This offense didn't work with Pennington, it didn't work with Favre, it certainly didn't work with Clemens and its not working with Sanchez.

Pennington and Favre respectively had some of the worst seasons of their careers in this mess of an offense.

I've been saying it since Mangini's first year as head coach. I HATE this offense... and its over-complicated, yet amazingly predictable theatrics. This is nothing new from me... just earlier than anticipated. Usually I can hold off on the criticism of Schitt for Brains until week 4 or so.

Oh well.

I'm not a fan of schott at all..

that being said, this entire team looks like a$$... thier believing thier own press

why was sanchize playin in the 4th qtr???

Because this offense sucks... and he needs all the snaps he can get to help Rex build the case for firing Schotty mid-season, despite the fact that Tanny and Woody love the Scheistenheimer.

Seriously, we all saw Rex grow very tired of Schotty's inability to put points on the board last year... you think Rex is going to sit idly by after all the boasting and watch this season go in the toilet because of this crapstick offense?

No way.

Callahan will be promoted before that happens.

Its going to take squandering the boat-load of talent we have on offense this year to finally get rid of Schotty.

Just like it took squandering Brett Favre as a Jet to rid ourselves of Mangini.

:angry:

Your right Im hoping we get to mid-season at 5-3 with little or no offense so Callahan can take over for the playoff run. sh*tty is an absolute Idiot.

You misspelled "Cavanaugh."

You owe me a dollar.

The same Cavanaugh that Sanchez ignored in his 20 seconds of Hard Knocks coverage?

Heh.

My money is on Callahan, the Assistant Head Coach - the same guy that Rex refers to as the guy that he goes to for the most advice on his staff.

Frankly... Callahan would be my preference, but I'd be just as psyched about seeing what Cavanaugh can do.

I'm over Schotty... this guy's had the longest leash I've ever seen, especially when you consider the way Rex had to get involved last year.

Guest Jpf4671

Cmon guys we're going to start firing people after preseason games? I'm a new poster but not a new follower of jet nation, you guys are better than this! Stop the madness, the most important thing is we got out of preseaon healthy,I know pace may miss a couple of games but we proved last year we can deal with that. No starters will see the field next week.

Cmon guys we're going to start firing people after preseason games? I'm a new poster but not a new follower of jet nation, you guys are better than this! Stop the madness, the most important thing is we got out of preseaon healthy,I know pace may miss a couple of games but we proved last year we can deal with that. No starters will see the field next week.

Welcome to the board - seriously. But does your comment suggest you're up for a few more seasons of really, really, smart and complex plays and schemes by Schottenheimer's kid before he Peter Principles himself into a head coaching slot? Especially the really smart tricky ones where he fools everyone? Phuck him. After awhile, through elimination of variables, you come up with no where else to point fingers. The only things we've had resembling a functional offense since he came here was last years ground game that he probably didn't have full reign over that. Next closest thing was Favre's big yard/TD games that # 4 probably called a lot of. If he left tomorrow I'd be gleeful.

Schotty just never calls the right plays. He can't connect with Sanchez. All the INTs he called with Favre was clear mutiny. He should have been gone eons ago.

I could see them going with a different guy next year, but it's not because Schottenheimer is an idiot who can't do the job. It's just how the business goes.

Actually yes. We are going to start firing people after a few preseason games. Isn't that what preseason is for? Personally, I'd start with the Asian fellow holding the gatorade in the background of this week's Hard Knocks. I don't think he really showed enough product placement and didn't give away a single cup of juice while I watched. Seriously. Shouldn't he have been standing behind the players instead of the coaches? He was way out of position.

Actually yes. We are going to start firing people after a few preseason games. Isn't that what preseason is for? Personally, I'd start with the Asian fellow holding the gatorade in the background of this week's Hard Knocks. I don't think he really showed enough product placement and didn't give away a single cup of juice while I watched. Seriously. Shouldn't he have been standing behind the players instead of the coaches? He was way out of position.

No he was in the right place, he works for the pats.

I could see them going with a different guy next year, but it's not because Schottenheimer is an idiot who can't do the job. It's just how the business goes.

Right-o - another brilliant observation. Obviously, Schottenheimer's overqualified to be an OC. His record clearly shows the near magical things he has done to put record numbers of points on the board for the Jets in his tenure. As far as "how the business goes", I'm sure he'll never be replaced because he was responsible for generating offense and couldn't and didn't. It will just be because that's how this crazy ole world is turning theres days.

Guest Jpf4671

Welcome to the board - seriously. But does your comment suggest you're up for a few more seasons of really, really, smart and complex plays and schemes by Schottenheimer's kid before he Peter Principles himself into a head coaching slot? Especially the really smart tricky ones where he fools everyone? Phuck him. After awhile, through elimination of variables, you come up with no where else to point fingers. The only things we've had resembling a functional offense since he came here was last years ground game that he probably didn't have full reign over that. Next closest thing was Favre's big yard/TD games that # 4 probably called a lot of. If he left tomorrow I'd be gleeful.

Thanks for the welcome, Ive read you posts I know you know your stuff, I'm just saying 2 things, first I think though shotty is overrated because of his last name we could probably do and have done worse, and second we all know people overeact positively and negitavely about preseason when in reality it means nothing.

Right-o - another brilliant observation. Obviously, Schottenheimer's overqualified to be an OC. His record clearly shows the near magical things he has done to put record numbers of points on the board for the Jets in his tenure. As far as "how the business goes", I'm sure he'll never be replaced because he was responsible for generating offense and couldn't and didn't. It will just be because that's how this crazy ole world is turning theres days.

He doesn't actually play on Sundays. What Jets offense since '02 and '04 has been operated competently by a healthy QB?

The problem isn't the playcalling. The problem doesn't even exist yet this year because it's preseason.

Thanks for the welcome, Ive read you posts I know you know your stuff, I'm just saying 2 things, first I think though shotty is overrated because of his last name we could probably do and have done worse, and second we all know people overeact positively and negitavely about preseason when in reality it means nothing.

I wish I could believe it meant nothing Jp. If not for Hard Knocks this year I could probably have a few more sips of kool aid and tell myself the Jets were just experimenting on offense these 3 pre-season games. And that they didn't want to tip their hands on some slick stuff they have up their sleeves for Baltimore and the Patsies the first couple of weeks. Because of Hard Knocks - I know thats all bs. I think if they hadn't scored a td on their only semblance of a decent drive, there was some chance Rex would have had string 1 out there again when they got the ball back. When Rex Ryan gets a pissed as he was at the 3rd string defense against Carolina and puts the 2's back in to WIN the pre-season game - then he had all the strings pulled out to put points on the board with the starting offense in this one. And they barely got the job done. And only got it done once in 3 1/4 quarters of football. What doesn't matter to me at all is how the 2's and 3's lost the game.

Sanchez wasn't looking good on a lot of fundies and the new and 2nd year O linemen showed they weren't 100% viable as starters. But the fact that it's always some horrible struggle to get receivers any separation and seemingly as tough to have a hole or gap for a rb on a rush or check down tells me we aren't running things the right way. And I've got to look at who is responsible for directing the offense.

The next time we see the 2010 Jets offense it will be for marbles - I don't know how it's going to evolve enough until then to get any.

Archived