Won my first football game in 4 years

Falcon63

1. Hitting the QB does not end his season automatically

2. If the QB gets hit, the OL needs to get yelled at, not the DL

3. How is this any different from a game? You practice like you play.

4. How would the rest of the year be tanked just because the QB was sacked once?

5. My coaches and teammates din't say I couldn't hit the QB

6. They don't call me Falcon63

7. You're an idiot for thinking that the QB is the most important person on the team. It's not a one man game.

I'll start with the last thing first:

1. You're an idiot for thinking the QB isn't the most important person on the team. It's not a one man game, but

that man has the ball in his hands every play therefore he IS the most important. If you could play QB you'd be the QB, not the OG or DT. They'd move you in a second. That's the reason so many NFL players are ex QBs. In HS the best player is generally the QB.

2. Is the QB wearing a red shirt? If he is and you hit him you have made a mistake and the red shirt means DON'T HIT THIS PLAYER whether the coaches and players have said anything or not.

3. Have you ever actually hit the QB in practice? You act like you do, but I doubt it or somebody would have probably read you the riot act. Besides, you say yourself that you play OG.

4. It's different than a game because QB is a different position. Is he running the option? Then maybe hitting him would be justified, but a sack? NEVER. A QB dropping back to pass is defenseless. You aren't teaching him how to take a hit or play through, you are just hitting a guy who isn't trying to run away from you or run you over. The only thing you might accomplish is to make him gunshy. It's happened to guys as good as Phil Simms and probably ruined David Carr's career. You don't want the QB thinking about getting hit unless you are on D. You aren't going to toughen him up, you are going screw him up.

5. You hurt the QB and they aren't going to call you Falcon63 or anything other than a$$hole.

I'll start with the last thing first:

1. You're an idiot for thinking the QB isn't the most important person on the team. It's not a one man game, but

that man has the ball in his hands every play therefore he IS the most important. If you could play QB you'd be the QB, not the OG or DT. They'd move you in a second. That's the reason so many NFL players are ex QBs. In HS the best player is generally the QB.

2. Is the QB wearing a red shirt? If he is and you hit him you have made a mistake and the red shirt means DON'T HIT THIS PLAYER whether the coaches and players have said anything or not.

3. Have you ever actually hit the QB in practice? You act like you do, but I doubt it or somebody would have probably read you the riot act. Besides, you say yourself that you play OG.

4. It's different than a game because QB is a different position. Is he running the option? Then maybe hitting him would be justified, but a sack? NEVER. A QB dropping back to pass is defenseless. You aren't teaching him how to take a hit or play through, you are just hitting a guy who isn't trying to run away from you or run you over. The only thing you might accomplish is to make him gunshy. It's happened to guys as good as Phil Simms and probably ruined David Carr's career. You don't want the QB thinking about getting hit unless you are on D. You aren't going to toughen him up, you are going screw him up.

5. You hurt the QB and they aren't going to call you Falcon63 or anything other than a$$hole.

1. Just because someone is the QB does not make them the best or most important player, ball in his hands or not. WIthout the other 10 guys, the QB wouldn't have any wiggle room.

2. No, I know what a red shirt means, they don't wear them.

3. I play DT as well.

4. We run the option exclusively.

5. They won't call me a$$hole for doing my job and playing football. Obviously I'd never try and hurt someone, but I still try to get a sack/tackle for loss every time of defense.

1. Just because someone is the QB does not make them the best or most important player, ball in his hands or not. WIthout the other 10 guys, the QB wouldn't have any wiggle room.

2. No, I know what a red shirt means, they don't wear them.

3. I play DT as well.

4. We run the option exclusively.

5. They won't call me a$$hole for doing my job and playing football. Obviously I'd never try and hurt someone, but I still try to get a sack/tackle for loss every time of defense.

If you run option exclusively why are you even touching the QB.. shouldn't the DT be marking the dive back?

And I think that makes your case even worse. An option offense lives and dies with the QB who runs it.

If you act the same way in real life like how you post in this thread, I feel bad for the people that have to put up with you. Done with this thread though, not going to argue with a high schooler. Good luck trying to get to the next level though.

If you run option exclusively why are you even touching the QB.. shouldn't the DT be marking the dive back?

And I think that makes your case even worse. An option offense lives and dies with the QB who runs it.

If you act the same way in real life like how you post in this thread, I feel bad for the people that have to put up with you. Done with this thread though, not going to argue with a high schooler. Good luck trying to get to the next level though.

Well that's just how we run our team. And how did this conversation even come up?

Anyways, back to gameday discussion, I played my first Thursday game ever. We lost 29-6. It was a very good game, and it was only 7-6 at halftime, until they gained 300 yards rushing in the 2nd half (!!!).

I got banged up a little bit. I still played the entire game, but on a screen, I went to crack this linebacker, and I tripped on the center's foot, so I got laid out. Tried to catch my fall and ended up spraining my wrist and thumb (I'm pretty sure it's sprained). Also cut two of my veins open on a kid's helmet when I cracked him.

As for my actual performance, I thought I did really bad, but watching the film many times, I had a solid, all-around game, with my only real mistake being cracked on that play. I played defense a little more today, and one of the plays, I didn't hear my coach say "goal line defense", so I sprinted onto the field (I was about 60 yards away), and I JUST made it in time to lay out their star HB on the 1 yard line. On offense, I had pretty solid pass protection, and my run blocking was good, but not great.

It kind of sucks that we lost, but on a good note, I think I finally found the film that I will use as my full-game film.

Archived