force revis to sit for 3 years

jgb

I thought the last two option years paid significantly more, next year being the first of the two.

This year is the lowball year, which was a bad idea for obvious reasons.

Part of his signing bonus should have been used to fluff his wallet this year, but instead the ungrateful noob got it all up front.

That isn't the point. The point is Revis couldn't have simply erased the "lowball" year by sitting out, and then resume playing for the non-lowball years thereafter.

That isn't the point. The point is Revis couldn't have simply erased the "lowball" year by sitting out, and then resume playing for the non-lowball years thereafter.

This is what I've been saying the entire time. There is no way that all of the players with contract beefs - Boldin, Dockett, C Johnson, hell even Cromartie - could just sit out rather than risk injury in the last year of their deals.

4 year contract means 4 years played, not 3 years played and 1 sitting out.

This is what I've been saying the entire time. There is no way that all of the players with contract beefs - Boldin, Dockett, C Johnson, hell even Cromartie - could just sit out rather than risk injury in the last year of their deals.

4 year contract means 4 years played, not 3 years played and 1 sitting out.

I made a bunch of posts about it then I got called out for not knowing how it "really" worked. Turns out that's not how it "really" works after all.

Doesn't matter anymore. Guy is here on a fair market deal. Over the next 4 years he'll make more per year than any CB other than the one who had Al Davis over a barrel; a contract, mind you, that no other team in the NFL would have sniffed at offering him.

Archived