Please fire or demote Shotty, Thank You.

ECURB

Fire Shotty?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Should the JETS fire or demote Shotty?

• Yes
    • No

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many tackles did he miss?

How is that relevant? You know better than this. Sure, the defense was a joke in the first half, but what's your point? The failures of one do not erase the failures of another. Or for that matter, the failures of one do not erase five years worth of failures of another.

The D played lights out in the 2nd half and only allowed 17 points all game.

NEXT

They did play lights out in the second half. Unfortunately, they were down 24-3 when they started doing that.

They needed to win the 2nd half 22-0. You act like that's easy against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

But, because you said NEXT, I guess your weak point carries some more weight, right?

How is that relevant? You know better than this. Sure, the defense was a joke in the first half, but what's your point? The failures of one do not erase the failures of another. Or for that matter, the failures of one do not erase five years worth of failures of another.

It's relevant because the OC was not the reason we lost this game.

In Utopia, sure, the Jets score on that 4th and 1 and then what? You're down 7 with 7 minutes left. Not a bad place to be. But I love how it's assumed that the Jets stop the Steelers on the next drive, come back, score again, stop the Steelers again, and then move into position for a GWFG with no time left.

We lost because we got outplayed from the opening bell. And by the time we started outplaying them, it was too late.

In Utopia, sure, the Jets score on that 4th and 1 and then what? You're down 7 with 7 minutes left. Not a bad place to be. But I love how it's assumed that the Jets stop the Steelers on the next drive, come back, score again, stop the Steelers again, and then move into position for a GWFG with no time left.

We lost because we got outplayed from the opening bell. And by the time we started outplaying them, it was too late.

I don't disagree with any of this. I just disagree with the concept that any of the above changes the fact that Schottenheimer is an incompetent moron who deserves to lose his job.

The offense looked like a pre-season game out there when it counted... and not in terms of execution but in terms of players BEGGING shotty for a play and acting confused.

If you do not blame Shotty and the O coaches you are blind.

The offense looked like a pre-season game out there when it counted... and not in terms of execution but in terms of players BEGGING shotty for a play and acting confused.

If you do not blame Shotty and the O coaches you are blind.

The guy who sank with the Pennington Boat isn't really in a position to comment on evaluating players or calling people blind.

The guy who sank with the Pennington Boat isn't really in a position to comment on evaluating players or calling people blind.

I am a QB guy, once they actually put in a real replacement for Chad I was off the wagon. That is a piss poor way to debunk my theory that Shotty gets confused under pressure and it cost the JETS a chance to win.

Obviously not. But he's most certainly the reason that the comeback effort failed.

I would concede to this instead of the complete reason... but the D only let up 17 points so I am still inclined to pin it all on Shotty.

That's definitely a solid point. I think him and IJ were more trying to support the team, but then you can make the argument that supporting the OC should be the same thing. Gato clearly has taken that rallying call.

I am a QB guy, once they actually put in a real replacement for Chad I was off the wagon. That is a piss poor way to debunk my theory that Shotty gets confused under pressure and it cost the JETS a chance to win.

Yeah... Point being that a lot of people, yourself included, will throw coaches under the bus to protect the QB and the other players. We got beat. On the field. It happens, and it happened.

That's definitely a solid point. I think him and IJ were more trying to support the team, but then you can make the argument that supporting the OC should be the same thing. Gato clearly has taken that rallying call.

Gato was over the top to start. But Schotty called some pretty good games down the stretch. The other team gets paid too. And in this game, the other team played better.

I'm not saying Schotty is great by any means, but 3 threads saying 'FIRE SCHOTTY' after this game is trying to make this about 1 thing alone, who can easily be replaced, instead of about a lot of things.

Think about this, when was the last time we liked an offensive coordinator?

Archived