(video) Playbook: AFC East QBs

Bruce Banner

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d81a8e6e4/Playbook-AFC-East-QBs

I don't think there is a way to embed nfl.com videos. Its worth watching because they show aerial views you don't see on the tv feed and that gives you a better picture of the game. Mayock and Wilcotts are not very positive on Sanchez but love Henne. Mayock says Pats are division favorite.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d81a8e6e4/Playbook-AFC-East-QBs

I don't think there is a way to embed nfl.com videos. Its worth watching because they show aerial views you don't see on the tv feed and that gives you a better picture of the game. Mayock and Wilcotts are not very positive on Sanchez but love Henne. Mayock says Pats are division favorite.

That was pretty good there. Watching them analyze Sanchez really shows just how bad some of his throws were and how he was looking at the right receivers maybe. He's gotta step up, everything is there for him. Henne had some nice throws there. But I still feel more positive with Sanchez after watching last years playoff run.

Any chance somebody could transcribe or summarize this? Tried it in Firefox and IE8 and got nothing.

The short version: Sanchez has decision making (speed and correctness) and accuracy issues. Henne also has some decision making speed issues, but is developing better than Sanchez.

Something that surprised me after watching the video was how far off our WR's the Ravens DB's were playing, and the fact that we didnt have any quick throws to the wr's to gain some easy yards and bring their db's up.

On the first play to Edwards, Cotch is all alone on the other side of the field with the db a 1/2 yard deep in the end zone. Seems as though a quick throw may have gotten us a first or TD.

It also makes me wonder what kind of feel he has for his wr's. On the play that he made the deep throw to cotch the db is again about 10 yards off of him, does he expect cotch to close the gap and blow by the db deep? I dont think Cotch is fast enough for that. Maybe when Santonio comes back that is a possibility, but not Cotch.

And again on the last play to Keller, the db is playing so far off of Edwards at the bottom of the screen he is wide open throughout his entire route.

I know its only the start of his second year, but I would have thought with the extra work at the camp he set up he would have a much better rapport with his receivers. Guys like Manning and Wayne, amongst other tandems, just give each other a look and adjust the play based upon the alignment of the D, hopefully we see some of that development as the season progresses.

Something that surprised me after watching the video was how far off our WR's the Ravens DB's were playing, and the fact that we didnt have any quick throws to the wr's to gain some easy yards and bring their db's up.

On the first play to Edwards, Cotch is all alone on the other side of the field with the db a 1/2 yard deep in the end zone. Seems as though a quick throw may have gotten us a first or TD.

It also makes me wonder what kind of feel he has for his wr's. On the play that he made the deep throw to cotch the db is again about 10 yards off of him, does he expect cotch to close the gap and blow by the db deep? I dont think Cotch is fast enough for that. Maybe when Santonio comes back that is a possibility, but not Cotch.

And again on the last play to Keller, the db is playing so far off of Edwards at the bottom of the screen he is wide open throughout his entire route.

I know its only the start of his second year, but I would have thought with the extra work at the camp he set up he would have a much better rapport with his receivers. Guys like Manning and Wayne, amongst other tandems, just give each other a look and adjust the play based upon the alignment of the D, hopefully we see some of that development as the season progresses.

personally i'm pretty down on sanchez. it's looking like he just sucks. hopefully i'm wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d81a8e6e4/Playbook-AFC-East-QBs sneakers

I didn't realize how bad some of his throws where until I watched that. good vid.

Where do you get the feeling they "hate Sanchez".. coming out of college Mayock gushed over Sanchez at every turn. Most of them mentioned the play calling was bad more so then Sanchez.

They liked that Henne actually "quarterbacked" that game. That the Phins were letting him throw it all over the place as opposed to the Jets handcuffing Sanchez into "checking it down"

Rex needs to wake up because this league is a passing league. I understand we ground and pound but we need to air it out as well.

Heres my stance. Whats the damn difference between Sanchez throwing a pick and us going 3 and out and giving the ball back to the other team anyways? I'd rather take the chance of him throwing a pick to be honest.

Archived