brian schottenheimer

villain_the_foe

He's fine. He's always been fine. The kids are growing up.

exactly. What we are witnessing, starting last week, is mark Sanchez growing up before our eyes.

He came out timid and flat and the coaches said wtf? Go do what you know you can do, and he's playing darts out there.

Same playbook.

The difference is simple: Did you see that F---g TD pass to Keller? and all of his other passes to keller? lol

That is the difference. Same coordinator, same play book. he's been getting ripped, but this isn't marty and it's not rich kotite or joe walton or... um any of our previous offensive gurus. If we remember, we were praising him for being so gutsy and clever when he first got here. He started with penny, who I liked, personally, but had no arm and worked around him with creative sh*t.

Then he worked with Favre and we kicked a$$ until he tore his arm up. Then he couldn't throw.

And last year it was the rookie, so he helped get us to the afc championship game by making Thomas Jones play at his career appex, developing Greene and pounding away. Boring, yes, but effective.

This year is designed to be Sanchez' coming out. The play book is geared toward that. They didn't get Braylon AND Santonio Holmes to block. they got all the weapons and as you see, he had sanchez in a rhythm. i wish we gave a guy more of chance before we bury him.

Just like Rex and Mark Brunnell said: He's gonna be a good one.

If coordinators don't matter why is Cutler doing so much better this year?

An offensive coordinator value is at it's highest when the QB has no idea wtf is going on.

Jay Cutler is an extreeeeeeeeeeeemeeeeeeeeeeeeeely talented QB...arguably the most physically gifted QB in the league...Jay Cutler has no f'ng clue what is going on without a top coach guiding him at this point in his career. Some guys are just like that...It's not a good or a bad thing to me.

It seems like it should be common sense to me...

Also, as villian points out...there's only so many truly elite QBs who know their offense like they know the back of their hand.

exactly. What we are witnessing, starting last week, is mark Sanchez growing up before our eyes.

He came out timid and flat and the coaches said wtf? Go do what you know you can do, and he's playing darts out there.

Same playbook.

Same playbook, but different plays. Schotty himself has admitted to not being able to get into a groove with play calling after week one. Rex mentioned after week one how he picks certain plays he likes.. and also how they are starting to run successful plays more than once a game. Sanchez grew up, but he's also getting better play calls and it seems to be working on the opposing defense. Not as much gimmicks, just football. Everyone was over thinking, now we're just doing it.

Same playbook, but different plays. Schotty himself has admitted to not being able to get into a groove with play calling after week one. Rex mentioned after week one how he picks certain plays he likes.. and also how they are starting to run successful plays more than once a game. Sanchez grew up, but he's also getting better play calls and it seems to be working on the opposing defense. Not as much gimmicks, just football. Everyone was over thinking, now we're just doing it.

Don't get too souped yet...It's a good couple of games...It's good that they're finding what Sanchez is comfortable with and what he's not but he's no polished diamond yet.

It's nice to see the offense attack rather than run,run,pass, punt + and try to hold on for the defense. That's the biggest difference to me, rather than playing scared - the Jets are actually trying to score TD's.

I knew something was different when we put up the first two scores of the game. I'm used to seeing our team score once and then sit back and try and hold that lead. Those first two scores were huge and I think that helped set the tone bye giving our hurt D a little breathing room.

The difference is the Jets actually call pass plays now. If you run on 1st and 2nd down then ask your QB to convert on 3rd and long you will usually fail. The Jets ran something like 80% or more of the time on 1st down, and even on 2nd down in one formation. So defenses would key the run on 1st and 2nd and then key on the pass on 3rd down. If you let Peyton Manning only pass on 3rd down he'd do better than Sanchez but he'd be a bottom third QB in the league anyway. Even the great Peyton Manning doesn't convert on even half of his third down attempts, yet somehow Sanchez was being asked to convert on 100%.

Im just glad that they're using Keller now. Everytime they've decided to use Keller the offense exploded.

Last year game 1 vs. the Texans

Last year first Pats game

Last year Playoffs.

This year Pats Game

This year Miami Game.

When Keller is utilized we win football games.

And I dont ever want to hear that this dude cant/wont block either.

Im just glad that they're using Keller now. Everytime they've decided to use Keller the offense exploded.

Last year game 1 vs. the Texans

Last year first Pats game

Last year Playoffs.

This year Pats Game

This year Miami Game.

When Keller is utilized we win football games.

And I dont ever want to hear that this dude cant/wont block either.

Keller's role in this offense is "passing rhythm building guy"...I can't come up with a better name...basically as a H-back/TE he's the easiest passing option for the QB to find...a couple passes to him get the defense focusing in on him rather than the outside and booom...sneaking passes to Edwards and Cotchery...It works really well when it's done right.

Keller's role in this offense is "passing rhythm building guy"...I can't come up with a better name...basically as a H-back/TE he's the easiest passing option for the QB to find...a couple passes to him get the defense focusing in on him rather than the outside and booom...sneaking passes to Edwards and Cotchery...It works really well when it's done right.

Which is so crazy because Keller is just as explosive as Cotch/Bray. The last 2 games Keller is avg. about 106 yds on 6.5 catches and 1.5 TD's a game. Thats serious. And for him to be able to block so well keeps the defense honest because you dont have to take him out of the game on running plays. This offense has some f'ing potential Gato.

Don't get too souped yet...It's a good couple of games...It's good that they're finding what Sanchez is comfortable with and what he's not but he's no polished diamond yet.

It's his second year and he's had some impressive games so far.. looking like the Sanchez of last year's playoffs. Looks like the offense is picking up where they left off. It's a good couple of games and we haven't even gotten Santonio back. I am impressed with this offense.

It's his second year and he's had some impressive games so far.. looking like the Sanchez of last year's playoffs. Looks like the offense is picking up where they left off. It's a good couple of games and we haven't even gotten Santonio back. I am impressed with this offense.

+1. It seems common that when we think of Sanchez last year we think of the pick 6's etc. You bring up a good point about him in the playoffs. It does seem like he's picking up from that point. At first I was a bit skeptical because he didnt play great the entire pats game...but the second half. But he came out and threw TD's vs Miami when we needed it. This bills game has come at the perfect time. Going in 3-1 with Holmes...a sure target coming to the team. Its possible that this could be an 11-12 win season. Havent seen such a thing in over a decade.

Archived