David Clowney CUT Along With Turner

SoFlaJets

I don't know if the Jets plan to keep both Braylon and Holmes next year. If either goes, we likely will see both Clowney and Turner in camp next year, assuming there still is football.

I have to think we plan to draft a receiver next year at some point. Its a good time to bring in a young receiver that can build a rapport with Sanchez, so we don't have to keep relying solely on veterans. Its also been a while since we've attempted to develop a WR via the draft. We can do this and have the option of keeping both Holmes & Edwards (if they give us a discount) or drop one of them.

I have to think we plan to draft a receiver next year at some point. Its a good time to bring in a young receiver that can build a rapport with Sanchez, so we don't have to keep relying solely on veterans. Its also been a while since we've attempted to develop a WR via the draft. We can do this and have the option of keeping both Holmes & Edwards (if they give us a discount) or drop one of them.

Yes we might draft a receiver high, in which case Clowney better look elsewhere. If we draft a reciever 5th or lower, anything can happen.

It all depends on whether we really cut Clowney permanently or keep bringing him back, and what Clowney shows in practice.

Yes we might draft a receiver high, in which case Clowney better look elsewhere. If we draft a reciever 5th or lower, anything can happen.

It all depends on whether we really cut Clowney permanently or keep bringing him back, and what Clowney shows in practice.

I hate the idea that we will have the need to keep bringing him back. Really, what does he do? He can't contribute on special teams, and he's never going to develop in any way, shape or form into even an adequate deep threat. There's got to be other # 5-caliber receivers in the league we can get that are better.

I wouldn't mind at all if he's gone forever. Mike Westhoff hates his guts, and that's good enough for me.

Archived