Braelon Allen is going to “make sure ARod can play for 10 more years”

43 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He’s already talking a big game like all Saleh’s players do before they accomplish a thing 

He gets worked in pass pro in these instances here  

Lets let him actully become a Saleh player first

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

“Jets  have to keep Rodgers healthy, that has to be the goal “

Jets try to bring in pass protection 

“no I actually wanted a WR”

are y’all really butt hurt about this or just doing the fake mad stuff?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bonkertons said:

Based on his stellar pass pro?  Or based on this one highlight of Allen getting beat?  Either way -  I like how you run things.  I'll brb though, gonna go dig up a clip of Corley dropping a pass so I can post "Gipson is WR3".

exactly.  Izzy can't pass protect.  Allen is a known pass protector.  Our shiny new anti-Allen poster here finds the one clip of a failed pass protection.  Meanwhile Izzy offers zero pass protection out there.   I'll bet they sign an UDFA RB and send Izzy off for a potential 2025 7th somewhere or flat out cut him.  They won't get as much as they did for Carter, because Carter was way better than Izzy and a great locker room guy... well liked.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He'll get on the field and be RB2 bc of this trait. Izzy couldn't play last year bc he couldn't do this. And Cook and even Hall weren't good at blocking either.

Izzy didnt play last year because he had the best rb in the league and Dalvin Cook who we paid a ton of money to in front of him.

Izzy had a nice 9 for 43 game towards the end of the year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

exactly.  Izzy can't pass protect.  Allen is a known pass protector.  Our shiny new anti-Allen poster here finds the one clip of a failed pass protection.  Meanwhile Izzy offers zero pass protection out there.   I'll bet they sign an UDFA RB and send Izzy off for a potential 2025 7th somewhere or flat out cut him.  They won't get as much as they did for Carter, because Carter was way better than Izzy and a great locker room guy... well liked.  

Izzy was 20 years old last year.  He will put on 10 pounds of muscle this offseason and be much better in pass pro this coming season.

I love how Jet fans think 20 year olds cant improve at something.  I hope you are not parents.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Izzy was 20 years old last year.  He will put on 10 pounds of muscle this offseason and be much better in pass pro this coming season.

I love how Jet fans think 20 year olds cant improve at something.  I hope you are not parents.

Again...you totally ignore the REALITY of drafting TWO RBs in nearly the same spot that they took Izzy in last season.   But carry on... you really are being thick headed or delusional here.  What is this man crush you have on this low quality player?  

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Credit where it is due, this is a good post.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Again...you totally ignore the REALITY of drafting TWO RBs in nearly the same spot that they took Izzy in last season.   But carry on... you really are being thick headed or delusional here.  What is this man crush you have on this low quality player?  

Izzy has skills these 2 rbs could only dream of.  Hes a 4.3 guy.  The 2 rbs we drafted are slugs compared to him.

Again, we drafted 2 running backs because we only had 2 on the roster.  This has nothing to do w/ Izzy.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Izzy was bad in pass pro last year looking at the numbers but I found this from a pre-draft scouting report. I can't say I remember watching him in pass pro. Are they just too big in the NFL for him to handle? Was he maybe not grasping concepts? 

As a pass protector, Abanikanda is very willing and urgent, and he gives great effort when chipping defenders outside. He hurries to his spot and understands play leverage. But what’s more — he can square up free rushers, engage with his hands inside the torso, and carry outside rushers past the apex.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Credit where it is due, this is a good post.

No one ever claimed he can't improve.  So what are you clapping for?  The Jets ain't waiting around very long for him to improve and do something.  Otherwise they do NOT draft TWO RBs.   I just don't understand the puppy love here for Izzy.  He underperformed obvioulsy.  The Jets draft tells all on Izzy.  You guys are in denial.

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Izzy was bad in pass pro last year looking at the numbers but I found this from a pre-draft scouting report I can't say I remember watching him in pass pro. Are they just too big in the NFL for him to handle? Was he maybe not grasping concepts? 

Its just shiny new toy syndrome.  This new rb has abs and deadlifts a lot.  Big deal.

Jet fans are easily impressed.

Izzy is rb2.

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Izzy has skills these 2 rbs could only dream of.  Hes a 4.3 guy.  The 2 rbs we drafted are slugs compared to him.

Again, we drafted 2 running backs because we only had 2 on the roster.  This has nothing to do w/ Izzy.

This is 100% incorrect. But whatever.  Of course it has everything to do with Izzy.

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its just shiny new toy syndrome.  This new rb has abs and deadlifts a lot.  Big deal.

Jet fans are easily impressed.

Izzy is rb2.

He'll be lucky to be on the roster in September if at all.

Just now, Dcat said:

No one ever claimed he can't improve.  So what are you clapping for?  The Jets ain't waiting around very long for him to improve and do something.  Otherwise they do NOT draft TWO RBs.   I just don't understand the puppy love here for Izzy.  He underperformed obvioulsy.  The Jets draft tells all on Izzy.  You guys are in denial.

He did not underperform.  He was a 20 year old 5th round pick with rare, elite speed that they want to develop.

He was great in the preseason and even had a 9 carry 48 yard game in the regular season.

He was stuck behind the best rb in the league and a big time veteran free agent they brought in.

Izzy is now an underperformer?  This is insane talk.

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He did not underperform.  He was a 20 year old 5th round pick with rare, elite speed that they want to develop.

He was great in the preseason and even had a 9 carry 48 yard game in the regular season.

He was stuck behind the best rb in the league and a big time veteran free agent they brought in.

Izzy is now an underperformer?  This is insane talk.

He isn't good as pass pro. Just stop already.  He is not a goal line back.  He hasn't shown anything in the passing game either.  This is why they drafted not one, but TWO RBs here. If he does well in camp, then he can be RB4 and they won't cut him or move him.  He's a good kid.  Sorry, but this is his situation it seems.  Very excited about Allen.  He is the bruising RB2 we need.  If Davis can catch (as his fillm shows) then Izzy is odd guy out.

The remaining free agent class at RB is bleak lol. 

16. Joshua Kelley, RB, Chargers. Age: 26.  

17. Matt Breida, RB, Giants. Age: 29.  

23. Rashaad Penny, RB, Eagles. Age: 28.  

24. Kareem Hunt, RB, Browns. Age: 29.

the remaining WR class is much better 

11.  D.J. Chark, WR, Panthers. Age: 27.   

D.J. Chark is an explosive receiver with downfield ability, but has issues staying healthy.

18.  Michael Thomas, WR, Saints. Age: 31.  

Michael Thomas has enjoyed a great career, but it seemed to be coming to an end as a result of injuries sapping his athleticism.

19.  Hunter Renfrow, WR, Raiders. Age: 28.  

Hunter Renfrow was once a solid slot option for Derek Carr. His production fell off a cliff in 2023, but was in a very crowded receiving corps.

21. Alex Erickson, WR, Chargers. Age: 31.  

24. Nick Westbrook, WR, Titans. Age: 27

27. Scotty Miller, WR, Falcons. Age: 27. 

29. Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Bears. Age: 27.  

im just spit balling here, but the available free agent options might have influenced the jets draft strategy 

maybe 

possibly 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yup, I of course want Izzy to succeed but just now going to his combine results I thought the first line of his overview was very telling, 

A zone-scheme runner with early down size

Consider our 2 new RB's big size, along with Breece in being able to  protect and also ramming it down your throat.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Izzy was bad in pass pro last year looking at the numbers but I found this from a pre-draft scouting report. I can't say I remember watching him in pass pro. Are they just too big in the NFL for him to handle? Was he maybe not grasping concepts? 

Rumblings started in camp that he wasn’t picking up the mental aspects of his responsibilities 

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

Rumblings started in camp that he wasn’t picking up the mental aspects of his responsibilities 

A 20 year old was struggling transitioning to the nfl?  How could this possibly happen?  Why is he not playing like a 10 year vet?

Cut him!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 3

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

A 20 year old was struggling transitioning to the nfl?  How could this possibly happen?  Why is he not playing like a 10 year vet?

Cut him!!!!!!!!!!!

can't wait to see your post if and when they cut him or trade him for a future 7th.

32 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If he adds 20lbs, He wont be a 4.3 guy anymore.