Jets vs. Bengals TV question

CapeCoralJetFan

Hi Everyone,

I have a question on the Jets Bengals Thanksgiving game. I have DTV & my account is in NJ. The game will be on NFL Network & WPIX (locally in NY area) Will NFL network be "Blacked out?

The reason I ask is because I live in Florida & I'm out of the "locals" spotbeam. If it will only be shown on WPIX in the NY area, I'll be blacked out of NFL Network & I won't be able to get WPIX. I'll have to find someone down here in Florida to watch the game.

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I have a question on the Jets Bengals Thanksgiving game. I have DTV & my account is in NJ. The game will be on NFL Network & WPIX (locally in NY area) Will NFL network be "Blacked out?

The reason I ask is because I live in Florida & I'm out of the "locals" spotbeam. If it will only be shown on WPIX in the NY area, I'll be blacked out of NFL Network & I won't be able to get WPIX. I'll have to find someone down here in Florida to watch the game.

Thanks

Unless it's not a sellout they should air it on NFL Network.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/NFL_Network#Live_NFL_games

NFL Network televises eight live regular season games during the season. They run on either Thursday or Saturday nights, beginning in November.[2] Five games usually air on Thursday nights and three on Saturday nights. These games also aired on broadcast TV in the primary media markets of the participating teams, although the home team's market broadcasts the game only if it is sold out 72 hours before game time.

Unless it's not a sellout they should air it on NFL Network.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/NFL_Network#Live_NFL_games

NFL Network televises eight live regular season games during the season. They run on either Thursday or Saturday nights, beginning in November.[2] Five games usually air on Thursday nights and three on Saturday nights. These games also aired on broadcast TV in the primary media markets of the participating teams, although the home team's market broadcasts the game only if it is sold out 72 hours before game time.

If I read that correctly, then it will be simulcast both on NFL Network AND WPIX, the local station in NY area.

Thanks..

If I read that correctly, then it will be simulcast both on NFL Network AND WPIX, the local station in NY area.

Thanks..

thats correct it will be simulcast on both stations. the reason they do this is because alot of homes in the tri-state area do not have NFL network

It will be on both. Same as MNF. If an NFL game is on cable TV, it must be simulcast on a local broadcast TV station. Only MLB does the blackouts if a national game is also being broadcast locally because they let the teams pick their own local channels.

The reason I was concerned was when I moved to SW Florida, I kept the Sunday Ticket. The Jets were being shown "locally" on CBS (I receive CBS, NBC, ABC, & FOX national feed) but when I went to the 700 channels where the Sunday Ticket resides, they would black that channel out because it was televised "locally".

Are you 100% sure on the simulcast? NFL Network is owned by the NFL. MNF is bought by ESPN. SNF, NBC is a over-the-air station.

The reason I was concerned was when I moved to SW Florida, I kept the Sunday Ticket. The Jets were being shown "locally" on CBS (I receive CBS, NBC, ABC, & FOX national feed) but when I went to the 700 channels where the Sunday Ticket resides, they would black that channel out because it was televised "locally".

Are you 100% sure on the simulcast? NFL Network is owned by the NFL. MNF is bought by ESPN. SNF, NBC is a over-the-air station.

A game on CBS, FOX, NBC would be blacked out on the Sunday Ticket because it is originally on over the air TV witch everyone can get. This game and every other game originally broadcasting on cable/satellite would be broadcast on both the cable/satellite network and local TV so everyone in the local market without the channel can still see the game. It will be broadcast on both the NFL Network and WPIX 11 in NYC

A game on CBS, FOX, NBC would be blacked out on the Sunday Ticket because it is originally on over the air TV witch everyone can get. This game and every other game originally broadcasting on cable/satellite would be broadcast on both the cable/satellite network and local TV so everyone in the local market without the channel can still see the game. It will be broadcast on both the NFL Network and WPIX 11 in NYC

I hope you're right!

Thanks!

Archived