Jeter situation is Torre part II

AFJF

Same outlook from the FO in both scenario's. The manager/player is no longer that valuable of an asset. We'll make a fair offer but one that we know doesn't come close to meeting your expectations. If you want to leave, we're fine with being able to replace you with somebody who makes 10% of what you're commanding.

Sorry not even close. 3 years/$45 mil is not a "Fair offer" its a gross overpay. No one will come close to that. He should be extremely happpy with that after the season he just had, at this point in his career. Again, who the hell is matching that offer?

Jeter's agent is overplaying his hand big time. The Yankees aren't going to low ball and then negotiate upwards or compromise. 3 years and 45 million to me is the best offer he's going to get from the Yankees period. The best improvement he'll possibly get is a 4th year mutual option with a buyout clause or something like that.

Sorry not even close. 3 years/$45 mil is not a "Fair offer" its a gross overpay. No one will come close to that. He should be extremely happpy with that after the season he just had, at this point in his career. Again, who the hell is matching that offer?

It's semantics to say "fair/more than fair" etc... My main point is that it's an offer that won't get the Yankees FO killed by the fans for making, but they know it's an offer that comes in far under what he wants. So, take it or leave it, and I'm kinda thinking they hope he leaves it.

It's semantics to say "fair/more than fair" etc... My main point is that it's an offer that won't get the Yankees FO killed by the fans for making, but they know it's an offer that comes in far under what he wants. So, take it or leave it, and I'm kinda thinking they hope he leaves it.

Yankees offered Torre to come back on a 1 year deal. Jeter is being offered 3 years at $15 million per year. They clearly want Jeter back, I'm not sure if they really wanted Torre back as manager. I just don't think the type of money the Yankees are throwing at Jeter should be looked like it's a soo soo medicore offer and it should keep stupid fans happy.

Jeter's agent is overplaying his hand big time. The Yankees aren't going to low ball and then negotiate upwards or compromise. 3 years and 45 million to me is the best offer he's going to get from the Yankees period. The best improvement he'll possibly get is a 4th year mutual option with a buyout clause or something like that.

Cashman should not budge. This should be his last and final offer.

Yankees offered Torre to come back on a 1 year deal. Jeter is being offered 3 years at $15 million per year. They clearly want Jeter back, I'm not sure if they really wanted Torre back as manager. I just don't think the type of money the Yankees are throwing at Jeter should be looked like it's a soo soo medicore offer and it should keep stupid fans happy.

They offered Torre 1 year because he wanted 2. They're offering Jeter $45 because they know he wants $60. Like I said, a fair enough offer to save face but probably not enough to keep him around. I obviously have no way of knowing and like the rest of us I'm guessing, but I'd say the Yankees see the good in either scneario. If he takes it, the fans are happy and he can stick around for a couple more seasons generating revenue. If he leaves, that's the money they'll need to give Cano a long term deal.

Cashman should not budge. This should be his last and final offer.

But you know it will not be. Jete will get either 18 mill per or more years at 15 mill.

Yanks piss the money that Jeter is likely asking for above their offer which is why I don't understand their public display of playing hardball with him. I can't see letting 20-35 million possibly create another Yogi situation for a guy who should always have a place with the Yankees. They pr'd a good player into the face of the Yankees and baseball and shoudn't let money destroy that.

Archived