Get a message to the Jets players

BroadwayJ667

Dear Jets players,

You guys just got your a$$ kicked. The patriots aren't more talented than you. As of this moment however they are a better team. They play like a team and showed you how it is done. For the past weeks you have just been showing up to games and winning primarily on talent.

You defense is the primary culprit here. You have the best corner in football which allows you to do a lot, but now you need to recognize that you cannot rely on your talents.

Play like the team we know you are and go out and kick some a$$.

The patriots aren't more talented than you.

This is certainly debatable. I'd strongly consider any part of the Pats offense over the Jets offense. The only place the Jets have a significant advantage is probably at RB with Greene over Green-Ellis, but Woodhead has been as good as, or better in space than Tomlinson. Brady over Sanchez by a mile. The Jets OL may be better run blockers, but the Pats OL is much better pass blocking to make this at best a wash. The Pats WRs and TEs run crisp routes and can actually, you know, catch the ball.

The Jets defense has a lot of talent, but I give the edge to the Pats on the DL in part thanks to Wilfork being an All-Pro, and very good depth. The LBs go to the Jets, though the Pats still have some talent there, but the youngsters are clearly still making far too many mistakes. The Pats secondary is a weakness, but frankly outside of Revis and Cromartie, the most of the Jets secondary is a mess as well.

Are the Pats significantly more talented in terms of just physical athleticism? No, I wouldn't go that far, especially considering the under performance by the defense. But the Jets are not nearly worlds better talent wise, despite what many claim.

This is certainly debatable. I'd strongly consider any part of the Pats offense over the Jets offense. The only place the Jets have a significant advantage is probably at RB with Greene over Green-Ellis, but Woodhead has been as good as, or better in space than Tomlinson. Brady over Sanchez by a mile. The Jets OL may be better run blockers, but the Pats OL is much better pass blocking to make this at best a wash. The Pats WRs and TEs run crisp routes and can actually, you know, catch the ball.

The Jets defense has a lot of talent, but I give the edge to the Pats on the DL in part thanks to Wilfork being an All-Pro, and very good depth. The LBs go to the Jets, though the Pats still have some talent there, but the youngsters are clearly still making far too many mistakes. The Pats secondary is a weakness, but frankly outside of Revis and Cromartie, the most of the Jets secondary is a mess as well.

Are the Pats significantly more talented in terms of just physical athleticism? No, I wouldn't go that far, especially considering the under performance by the defense. But the Jets are not nearly worlds better talent wise, despite what many claim.

Let me clarify what I meant. I was alluding to the fact that they are equally as talented.

Let me clarify what I meant. I was alluding to the fact that they are equally as talented.

Oh ok, then yes, I agree with the general sentiment. There is no team in the NFL right now that can just show up to a game 16 times a year and say "hey, we're just flat out better than the other team, no bigs."

Pretty good assesment...Today I can honestly say without a doubt that the PATS are not a better team than the Jets. What we saw Monday was a "typical" division game. By that I mean, dont let anything surprise you one way or the other when AFC East opponents play each other. Aside from Brady, the Jets are equal to or better than the Pats.

Statistics aside (as the Pats defense sucks statistically) what happened Monday Night? Yes we lost and got our butts kicked. Yes our offense looked offensive...All true. But how can this be? Simple, the one intangible ingredient is the fact that there has been much hype (earned or not) throw at the Jets this year. Like it or not our team is a target front and center. Dont you think almost every talking head NFL type loved watching what happened? Yeap they sure did, because the same old Jets theme will be waved by these guys from now until if and when we win a SB.

The intangible effect is in full bloom now come this sunday. Its a division opponent. We need a win badly.

Pretty good assesment...Today I can honestly say without a doubt that the PATS are not a better team than the Jets. What we saw Monday was a "typical" division game. By that I mean, dont let anything surprise you one way or the other when AFC East opponents play each other. Aside from Brady, the Jets are equal to or better than the Pats.

Statistics aside (as the Pats defense sucks statistically) what happened Monday Night? Yes we lost and got our butts kicked. Yes our offense looked offensive...All true. But how can this be? Simple, the one intangible ingredient is the fact that there has been much hype (earned or not) throw at the Jets this year. Like it or not our team is a target front and center. Dont you think almost every talking head NFL type loved watching what happened? Yeap they sure did, because the same old Jets theme will be waved by these guys from now until if and when we win a SB.

The intangible effect is in full bloom now come this sunday. Its a division opponent. We need a win badly.

That is one pretty big asside.....

Your last statement is nothing but the truth. The Jets can not let the Monday night game send them into a tailspin. The Jets need to win games and play good football from here on out. The game on Sunday is just as important as the Monday night debacle.....

Archived