The feel good about the playoffs thread

Sperm Edwards

Lets celebrate going to the playoffs for one day at least- look at some of us old time Jet fans that have seen so many non playoff seasons.

Exactly. To me, it is a great thrill just to be in the playoffs back to back. I think this is only the third time that has happended since I've been following them (since the early 70's)

Sorry it's just hard to be happy about the Playoffs the way the Jets are playing.

Just curious, how long have you been following the team? Not trying to flame you or anything, but it just seems to me that those of us that have been following this team for a long time appreciate these playoff appearences more than the younger generation. We've seen so much misery and dashed hopes that it is a thrill to see them in the playoffs, especially 2 years in a row.

After seeing the likes of Kotite, Coslet, Pete rah rah Carroll, Walton, Holz, Manidiot, etc. it is awesome to have a coach like Rex. He has done more already than any of the bozo's I just listed. Is he perfect? No. Does he shoot his mouth off and have a lot of Bravado? Sure - give me that any day over the wussie attitudes of those other guys. It shows confidence, something none of those guys or teams had an ounce of.

Just curious, how long have you been following the team? Not trying to flame you or anything, but it just seems to me that those of us that have been following this team for a long time appreciate these playoff appearences more than the younger generation.

Rooting for the Jets is kind of like working at RST Video. This team would be great if it weren't for the ******* games. Where's the feel good about the offseason thread?

As proven by the Giants and last year by us- you can get on a roll in the playoffs and you never know- or we could get blown out!

But we are not on a roll, we've lost 3 of our last 4 games.

Just curious, how long have you been following the team? Not trying to flame you or anything, but it just seems to me that those of us that have been following this team for a long time appreciate these playoff appearences more than the younger generation. We've seen so much misery and dashed hopes that it is a thrill to see them in the playoffs, especially 2 years in a row.

After seeing the likes of Kotite, Coslet, Pete rah rah Carroll, Walton, Holz, Manidiot, etc. it is awesome to have a coach like Rex. He has done more already than any of the bozo's I just listed. Is he perfect? No. Does he shoot his mouth off and have a lot of Bravado? Sure - give me that any day over the wussie attitudes of those other guys. It shows confidence, something none of those guys or teams had an ounce of.

I've was born into this, my entire family are die hard Jets fan. My brothers and I were going to Jets game and Jets practices since we were old enough to walk on our own. I watched my brother arm wrestle Joe Klecko for an ice cream cone. Kenny O and Toon were my idols. I know all about the pain.

I <3 Rex Ryan, he's my favorite Jets coach ever. I'm very happy with what he's doing for this team...but I'm very disappointed in this late season collapse. Make no mistake about it, that is whats going. I dunno, maybe I'd like to see the Jets take something for once. They had their shot to take the Pats balls and the AFCE, they blew it, embarrassingly. This week, they had a chance to lock the playoffs with a win, they blew it.

Now they are limping into the playoffs. Its hard for me to be excited when I see this being very short lived. Its a nice accomplishment, but I'm over that dude...its been a long time.

this is usually the week we lament all the "shoulda coulda woulda" games we lost in the last 3 minutes of a game

how did they lose to detroit ?

how did they lose to the browns ?

how did they lose to the texans ?

dammnit, this team could be 10-5 right now !!!!

well, this year they dida !

this is the best I've ever felt the next day after a loss. You know we were INCHES away from winning that game yesterday. All I can think of is a little luck and Sanchez would have hit Santonio on that sideline route for another game winning TD. It was a great call, a great route, and a great read-just a little luck and another couple of inches...

you give Santonio another couple inches and the guy will have to wear a harness with suspenders.

I <3 Rex Ryan, he's my favorite Jets coach ever. I'm very happy with what he's doing for this team...but I'm very disappointed in this late season collapse. Make no mistake about it, that is whats going. I dunno, maybe I'd like to see the Jets take something for once. They had their shot to take the Pats balls and the AFCE, they blew it, embarrassingly. This week, they had a chance to lock the playoffs with a win, they blew it.

Now they are limping into the playoffs. Its hard for me to be excited when I see this being very short lived. Its a nice accomplishment, but I'm over that dude...its been a long time.

Fair enough. Try to take some solace that the Jets played well enough early in the season to wrap up a wild card spot. There's no doubt in my mind that if needed, we would have beaten the lowly Bills to clinch the spot if things fell that way.

Yes, there is no excuse for getting blown out by the Cheaters. It was certainly a tall order considering they were/are on a hot streak and were playing at home, but they should not have gotten blown out like they did. Remember though that this cheaters team got blown out by the lowly Browns, and they in turn blew out the Steelers and Bears. So every team has those games.

I don't think this team will be one and done. Nobody gave last years team a chance in hell, and they wind up going to the AFCC game. A practice game against the Bills is just what the doctor ordered.

this is usually the week we lament all the "shoulda coulda woulda" games we lost in the last 3 minutes of a game

how did they lose to detroit ?

how did they lose to the browns ?

how did they lose to the texans ?

dammnit, this team could be 10-5 right now !!!!

well, this year they dida !

or as Jon E said this morning we are 2 dropped TD passes away from being 12-3 right now: Santonio vs Miami and Keller yesterday

Archived