METLIFE CENTRAL

BaumerJet

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats excellent! where are the pictures? :)

After I finish soaking, and taking my daughter to the daddy-daughter dance, and soaking some more, I will try to upload some.

Amazingly fun day. Facility is amazing, Got to meet a bunch of ex-players (Chrebet, Wesley Walker, Buttle (our coach for game 1) and Bruce Harper) and Dustin Keller. All were extremely nice and approachable. I tried to convince Wayne to jump in on a play but no luck :)

I'll let everyone else fill in some of the details, but it was great to meet all you guys and a super-shout-out of thanks to BaumerJets for the invite.

After I finish soaking, and taking my daughter to the daddy-daughter dance, and soaking some more, I will try to upload some.

Amazingly fun day. Facility is amazing, Got to meet a bunch of ex-players (Chrebet, Wesley Walker, Buttle (our coach for game 1) and Bruce Harper) and Dustin Keller. All were extremely nice and approachable. I tried to convince Wayne to jump in on a play but no luck :)

I'll let everyone else fill in some of the details, but it was great to meet all you guys and a super-shout-out of thanks to BaumerJets for the invite.

You are quite welcome and it was great of you Dan and everyone else who came to play.

Photos should be ready on my site in about 1-2 hours from now.

Oh - one more thing - Even (Coach) Buttle was upset we lost - he praised the crap out of us after the championship game...

No one expected so much of such a group of true GANG GREEN fans more than I have...

Thank you again fellas!

Baumerjet's Unofficial NYJ Fan Forum

For the purposes of our Dead Pool, can you list the names of your casualties?

No casualties - however, there were a lot of us - including Max's Son (Knee to the face), NYJDan (Scraped Knees), BAUMERJET (Scuffed Knee), ECURB (Groin Pull) and our MVP JETFIRE (Bruised Knees).

Sorry Tom, none of us died or needed to be placed on a respirator.

What Dan didn't tell everyone that in order to get to the championship game - we had to beat a group of 16 year old's and their 40 year old dad.

Plus, none of us had to be removed for the rest of the game - They played on!

Not bad for a group of middle aged men, and I am surly grateful to all of you! cheers.gif

No casualties - however, there were a lot of us - including Max's Son (Knee to the face), NYJDan (Scraped Knees), BAUMERJET (Scuffed Knee), ECURB (Groin Pull) and our MVP JETFIRE (Bruised Knees).

Sorry Tom, none of us died or needed to be placed on a respirator.

What Dan didn't tell everyone that in order to get to the championship game - we had to beat a group of 16 year old's and their 40 year old dad.

Plus, none of us had to be removed for the rest of the game - They played on!

Not bad for a group of middle aged men, and I am surly grateful to all of you! cheers.gif

I just want to be clear that I had no involvement with ecurb's groin pull. At least there was no flag on the play.

No casualties - however, there were a lot of us - including Max's Son (Knee to the face),

I know the game was tough when this was my car ride home:

My son Shane -- that was pretty hard, playing in 4 games back to back like that. (I liked hearing that from a high school football player).

His friend Sean -- I am so sore, that was brutal. (He is one of the top track runners in his age group, 16).

Have to love when the young ones give you the credit for it being hard. Instead of saying that was nothing.

Beans just said to me on Facebook -- we are like the Jets, losing in the Championship game, lol.

Exactly what it felt like - even the team we beat in the semi-finals acted like the Patriots after the game - they kept looking for excuses....

Yeah. We came close and it fricken sucks.

Now eCurb and his pond or whatever it is called are going to hold out AGAIN next year. No way we can keep Jetfire and stay remotely under the cap, especially since the Jetsinsider.com team is way under the cap and Max left us in cap hell. Way to build up Jetfire as the next Mike Vick minus the dog murdering. Good job again Max... Baumer is another year older. The window is closing fast. It was fun while it lasted...

I know the game was tough when this was my car ride home:

My son Shane -- that was pretty hard, playing in 4 games back to back like that. (I liked hearing that from a high school football player).

His friend Sean -- I am so sore, that was brutal. (He is one of the top track runners in his age group, 16).

Have to love when the young ones give you the credit for it being hard. Instead of saying that was nothing.

Thank you for sharing that! Made my night. I am now an Advil junkie and can't even imagine what new joys tomorrow will bring.

I think my top moment was after I tipped a pass on a big jump and Buttle gave me the direct stare and thumbs up. Damn that felt good. If we lost Cromartie next year, I'm ready to step in...for 2-3 plays per game.

Thank you for sharing that! Made my night. I am now an Advil junkie and can't even imagine what new joys tomorrow will bring.

I think my top moment was after I tipped a pass on a big jump and Buttle gave me the direct stare and thumbs up. Damn that felt good. If we lost Cromartie next year, I'm ready to step in...for 2-3 plays per game.

Mike Golic always says that he could still play at an NFL level... For one play. Good job guys.

Yeah. We came close and it fricken sucks.

Now eCurb and his pond or whatever it is called are going to hold out AGAIN next year. No way we can keep Jetfire and stay remotely under the cap, especially since the Jetsinsider.com team is way under the cap and Max left us in cap hell. Way to build up Jetfire as the next Mike Vick minus the dog murdering. Good job again Max... Baumer is another year older. The window is closing fast. It was fun while it lasted...

Omg just awesome.

+100000000 I think we would have been better off just playing tackle

I thought some of the games were tackle lol.

The ref told me one time grab the flag don't tackle. But it was so much easier to just wrap a d then pull out that damn flag.

i was nailed quite a few times while going out of bounds

They couldn't catch you so they opted for plan b. Personally I think wrapping and pulling the flag out was a good compromise. What they did to you was just tackle out of bounds since they couldn't get the flag. :D

yeah the elbows to the ribs while running routes was starting to become a bit much..

I have to say Tyson, I took the over on personal fouls that you would commit. It was set at 2.5. You let me down man, lol. You played by the rules and I never anticipated that happening.

How many personal fouls did we have in total on the day? I think Shane had two...1 for the LT flip after a touchdown and another for roughness on a tackle I believe.

All in all the refs were really cool.

Archived