Merrill Hoge

BigOrangeJetFan

I agree with most of that, but I don't want to see any punts from the colts 42, even if it's 4th and 5. if rex tells shotty to go cave man, we're doomed. the reason the colts are looking for that type of game is that's how most modern NFL teams approach football, throw to get a lead and then run out the clock. if the jets match that with run, run, pass, we're doomed I tell ya

4th and 5 from the 42 you are punting. Weatherford is money at dropping the punt inside the 10.

the reason belicheat went for it is a long field just delays the pain, you need the ball, and TD's, to beat payton

you have to have balls to win these games, onsides kick, fake FG's, the whole enchalada

Onside kicks?

The jets need to run. Keep the short passing game going and hold the colts to.some field goals.

Hopefully they aren't relying on onside kicks to beats the colts who.just got in. Read the thread by ht2112. The colts won the last 4 games. All non playoff teams. Total margin of victory was 20 points.

well regardless of whether this is true or not, Revis and Cro should be placed on Wayne and Garcon all day no matter what. And we seriously need our defense to lay into someone when they go over the middle. Teams kill us over the middle; someone needs to start laying hits on receivers going over the middle to let them know they arent getting that ground for free. And no im not advocating helmet to helmet; there are other ways to hit that discourages receivers from going over the middle.

That is a really good point. Pitt and Baltimore are much better at that aspect than the jets this year. Intimidation.

Hoge was on Mike and Mike yesterday and said that the Pats and Bears exposed us because they spread us out and put the secondary receivers out wide for Revis/Cro to cover. This left their primaries away from Cromartie/Revis and left the middle of the field open.

Mike S. replied that the Jets would make the adjustments and move Revis/Cro inside to which Hoge replied..."they haven't yet".

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Hope this isn't true.

Did anyone notice this? If it is true, how can Pettine/Rex be so clueless?

No really? Are you ******* serious? Er, yeah Merril Hoge figured it out before Pettine and Rex. Oy vey.

Onside kicks?

The jets need to run. Keep the short passing game going and hold the colts to.some field goals.

Hopefully they aren't relying on onside kicks to beats the colts who.just got in. Read the thread by ht2112. The colts won the last 4 games. All non playoff teams. Total margin of victory was 20 points.

+1

I hope they have a couple tricks up their sleeves, but things like onsides kicks and fake FG's only serve to give Manning a short field to work with if they fail.

This is really a game where playing their field position/clock management game is in their best interests.

Onside kicks?

yep

all in. jets need to score 30

where are thos pts coming from ?

4 long TD drives and a FG ?

3 long TD drives and 3 other drives that wind up with a successful FG ? 6 scoring drives ?

the jets need to shorten the field and grab the win

yep

all in. jets need to score 30

where are thos pts coming from ?

4 long TD drives and a FG ?

3 long TD drives and 3 other drives that wind up with a successful FG ? 6 scoring drives ?

the jets need to shorten the field and grab the win

So you are willing to give the Colts 75% (or so) odds at gaining an extra possession in this game? Keep going for it on the 42 and kicking onsides and the Jets will need to score 45.

Confidence. Read the post by HT212, the Colts have not beaten a playoff team all year. Exhale man, it is going to be okay.

+1

I hope they have a couple tricks up their sleeves, but things like onsides kicks and fake FG's only serve to give Manning a short field to work with if they fail.

This is really a game where playing their field position/clock management game is in their best interests.

Pound the ball, short passing, take the occassional shot down the field. But control that clock and score.

I hope on defense they acknowledge they aren't shutting the Colts out and hold them to field goals. Avoid giving up the big plays.

So you are willing to give the Colts 75% (or so) odds at gaining an extra possession in this game? Keep going for it on the 42 and kicking onsides and the Jets will need to score 45.

Confidence. Read the post by HT212, the Colts have not beaten a playoff team all year. Exhale man, it is going to be okay.

I find it hilarious how some people are acting like it's an unavoidable destiny that the Colts will score a touchdown every single time they touch the ball against the Jets. I'm not exactly the most positive Jets fan in the world, but even I think this pessimism is getting ridiculous.

I find it hilarious how some people are acting like it's an unavoidable destiny that the Colts will score a touchdown every single time they touch the ball against the Jets. I'm not exactly the most positive Jets fan in the world, but even I think this pessimism is getting ridiculous.

I could see people thinking that last year. Not now though. Totally agree.

I feel very good about this game. Very confident that the Jets win this one.

Archived